Micro Cache

cache-scout

I've seen several caches that are decribed as "micro cache." Is this a specific type of container? We just started geocaching this week and found our first cache easily. The next two were described as micro caches, and we could not find either. Thought it might help to know what we are looking for. Thanks.

I once again humbly offer up the Sputnik 57 Rule of Thumb:

If my thumb fits into it (or won't), it's micro

If my hand or fist fits into it, it's small

If my foot fits into it, it's regular

If my arm fits into it, it's large

If I fit into it, it's extra large

As Bill Murray said to Segorney Weaver, "Actually, it's more like a guideline."

Hey ... I think they stole that line for Pirate's of the Carribean .... But what about the Pirate's Code ..... Ayyyyy It's more like a guideline.

I used to think that finding those tiny micros was the challenge .... however the real challenge is writing that small and re-rolling up the log to fit back in!

:lol: ImpalaBob

Hey ... I think they stole that line for Pirate's of the Carribean .... But what about the Pirate's Code ..... Ayyyyy It's more like a guideline.

I used to think that finding those tiny micros was the challenge .... however the real challenge is writing that small and re-rolling up the log to fit back in!

:lol: ImpalaBob

<_< And using a pen that will write on that darned waterproof paper :unsure:

A micro cache is something you should avoid for your first few caches :P . Stick to traditional hides for a while to get the feel for what the GPS is and isn't telling you. Then you'll have a better idea of the size of a reasonable search area, which can come in handy when hunting micros, since you will often have, oh, say 20,000 likely spots to look :P .

Micros are really evil caches. They are usually very well camoflauged small containers that people pass everyday but do not "see" it. If you're new, get some big ones below your belt and read up on micros so they don't get you. Some micros are easy although, just look for diffuculty of 1 until you get the hang of it.

This is a micro I found today. It was down between the boards . . . not up where it is in the picture.

Micro_505.jpg

I knew it was small when I went looking for it, but this was even smaller than I expected.

The other "evil" thing about this one was the fact that the container had leaked and the log was unsignable. :P