Corpus Christi To San Antonio

SuzyQhoo

Hello!

We will be visiting Texas soon and will be driving from Corpus Christi to San Antonio.

We will leave CC Friday morning and plan to arrive in San Antonio Monday afternoon/evening.

Originally, (and we still may) we wanted to go to the TX/Mexico border in either Laredo or Del Rio and walk across a pedestrian footbridge just for a few hours of shopping. I find only 4 caches in the Laredo area....and on up to Uvalde seems to be barren of caches as well. I don't remember if I have looked at Del Rio yet.

We are also interested in Kerrville and Fredericksburg (and maybe some of the surrounding ghost towns).

Do any locals have any suggestions for routes? We do want to cache some each day while there. I know Corpus Christi has alot, as does San Antonio...and we will be staying in San Antonio the following Tues-Friday so we can hit those caches then.

Oh, and we like the "off the beaten path" places to visit...I was looking forward to the Oldest Rexall Drug Store in Uvalde, if it stays on our route! Any "must see" places will also be appreciated!

Thanks for any opionions!

SuzyQhoo in Alabama :rolleyes:

Thanks CherokeeCacher! I'll try to post an inquiry on those sights tonight or this weekend! We are ticking off the days until our trip!

Chewbacca, I haven't done any river caches here, well except one, that we were able to access by land and then wade across! I have seen several listed though that sound like fun. Good luck in placing your first!

Suz

I recommend you go to Del Rio instead of Laredo. For one thing. there are more caches in Del Rio (one is mine). But more importantly, Nuevo Laredo is a very dangerous place right now. There is a major drug war going on. Although tourists are generally safe, its still pretty risky.

Ooooo, yikes! Yeah, we don't want any part of a drug war, especially as tourists!

Thanks! We were already leaning to Del Rio...had read better bargains are to be found there! Or we might skip the Mexico thing alltogether and head for the little towns surrounding Fredericksburg. There seems to be so much to choose from, our path is changing daily...we want to squeeze in as much as possible (and as many caches along the way) during our short time there!

Thanks again!

I would skip Mexico altogether and go to Fredrickburg, Johnson City, Luckenbach, etc. Be sure to stop in Luckenbach!

Enchanted Rock is in the area and you should try and make time (half a day or so) to do the caches in the park and climb the rock.

Have fun!