Mega-cache-ophobia

I'm hoping it's not just me but does anyone else have the utter feeling of dread when you're going to an area and you just know you can't possibly get ALL the caches nearby in one visit.

It usually comes with an overwhelming feeling of futility in even attempting one cache if you can't get them all.

It manifested itself in a trip to Harrogate and surround (a Yorkshire caching delight if you will) on Saturday.

Argggggghhhh!!!!

Someone please sympathise, empathise or just shoot me!

Ahhh, you need the multiple caching trip approach.

Drive there do the easy ones, then pick off the harder ones later... Or come back for the DNF`s of death!!

There`s nothing nicer than a good blank area of map... Ummm a Castella moment!! :D

Only to return home to find someone`s put out a new series in your area, and you`ve missed.... :rolleyes:

Pengy

We have lots of lovely excuses to go for days out in North Wales...

HAPPY LANDINS CACHES!!

There are FAR too many to do in one day, and we've just had our 2nd HL Day, and I think we've only done about a quarter of their caches.... the brill thing is, they are all within about a 20 mile radius, you're never more than about 0.6 from another one!! :lol:

I too, like H & P,am enjoying Happy Landings days in North Wales, must be like being in a simply paul area,

except we usually begin arguing at the 6th cache of the day as the other half has had enough and wants to go home

while i'm still craving the next hunt

and the next

and the next

and the next

If i didn't have her with me i think i'd never stop.

but the feeling in the pit of the stomach as we drive back past somewhere,

where i know there is a cache hidden

AND WE DON'T STOP IS

<_<TERRIBLE :lol:

It manifested itself in a trip to Harrogate and surround (a Yorkshire caching delight if you will) on Saturday.

I live near Harrogate and I get that feeling every time I do a 'nearest caches to home' search! :lol::lol:

It wouldn't be so bad if they were just normal 'box in the bushes' type caches but both here and around West Yorkshire (where I work) there are loads of leading edge sneaky puzzles & multis which would test anyone! <_<:unsure:

Apart from the obvious occasional frustrations though, it is really great to have such challenges near to home. :blink:

Yes know the feeling. One day we did all we needed to in the gower area, then got home to log the found caches, only to find a new one had been published that we would have been able to do as we passed it on our way to the other caches. yes, it gave us an excuse to go back, as we wanted a blank map of the area. lol

Don't worry about it, fact of my caching life:-

This week:-

Monday:-No van

Tuesday:- Quick few around Wendover, TKS to SP + others

Wednesday:-Few around Horwich, Bolton

Thursday:-Matlock and Northampton

Today:- Northampton

Next week:-

Monday:-Ipswich

Tuesday:-Basingstoke

Wednesday:-North London

Thursday:-Lincoln

Friday:-Birmingham

I just go for the caches in clusters. Have started so many "series" that I'll never finish, I've lost count!! [:lol:]

Regards

Nick