Posting Pictures Of Family

Going Up

Picture editing is easy. download.com is a good place to start a search for a program to suit your needs and abilities. I use a basic edtor, irfanview. It allows cut n paste within the pic. Obscuring a face or distorting it can make the picture silly looking, putting a positive (fun) spin on the pic, while hiding the real reason for the edit. You'll always have the original pic for your family's memories.

Be safe, feel safe.

Greetings!

I purposely avoid reading the forums because I always seem to have something to say! :rolleyes:

As a parent who works in a public safety occupation, I am WELL aware of the number of scumbags, freaks and fruitcakes that walk the Earth. This realization is solidified by even a quick glance at the PA Meghan's Law website (http://www.pameganslaw.state.pa.us/).

Even though I am a privacy nut (even delisted myself from all the search engines such as google - thanks xblock.com!) I have always posted pics of my kids caching. I really love looking back at them when they were more wee than they are now.

Sex offenders who are looking at photos of kids on the net are not looking through countless GC pics for ones of children.

Know where your kids are and what they are doing, use only your GC names, make sure your home coordinates are not for your home (mine points people to a sewage treatment plant!) and everything will be a-ok.

:-)

Sincerely,

PULASKI

If I ever find the usb cable that came with my camera, I'll be posting photos of my daughter and son out caching. I don't have any second thoughts at all. A bunch of the photos that show up on GC's home page have children in them. Anytime I've look at the "recent photos" section, there's always lot of kid photos.

I think my spider senses are just tunred on high right now. I live in Spokane, WA and after seeing all about that dirtbag over in N. Idaho that kidnapped those kids and killed that family I just want to keep a tight reign on my kids.

Don't forget that other dirtbag just up north of Cd'A and what he did to his daughter.... :wacko:

Dirtbag is to nice of a name for those monsters.

Really!  Just because I have no qualms about posting my children's pictures on the internet does not equate to lack of care or ignorance.  Is your address in the phone book?  It's on the internet.  Just because YOU are afraid of something does not make others, who are not afraid of it, bad parents or people who take the safety of their children lightly.  I take posting pictures on the internet lightly because I KNOW (as in, not ignorant) how they can and can not be used.  So some weirdo sees pictures of my kids on the internet.  So he sees I live in Fairbanks, Alaska.  What of it?

Well for my 1st thread this sure turned into a doosy!

Well for the record, I don't live in fear but I don't like to take unneccesary risks with my children. I guess my impression of these low lives that would bring any harm to my kids is they are lonely people that spend a lot of time on the net. They get obsessed with something and can't control themselves.

Now I hope this isn't going to far but 1stimestar posted this. In less than 5 minutes on the internet I found her name, phone number and adress. (After better judgement I deleted this information).

If I was some freek (And I am not) and got obessed about your kids from seeing their pictures on the net do you really think they would be safe?

Just trying to prove a point. Here

Edited by Going Up
If I was some freek (And I am not) and got obessed about your kids from seeing their pictures on the net do you really think they would be safe?

Well, for the last five minutes I tried to see it your way and I ended up disagreeing.

Yeah, you went to far with your post and you are going overboard.

I'm not so paranoid that A. I think I am at the complete mercy of any freak targeting my kids. and B. Posting an image of them is offering them up as bait.

I'm glad I don't live in your world.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Well, for the last five minutes I tried to see it your way and I ended up disagreeing.

Yeah, you went to far with your post and you are going overboard.

I'm not so paranoid that A. I think I am at the complete mercy of any freak targeting my kids. and B. Posting an image of them is offering them up as bait.

I'm glad I don't live in your world.

Blue Deuce -

I was looking at your profile and I think you do live in my world, sort of. I have the same blue T-Shirt from Disney Worls and have a similar picture in front of the Tree of Life. How funny. I take it you are a "Pampered" family also.

I am not saying it is wrong to post pictures of the kids, I have posted pictures on a Snowmobile web site of my kids plenty of times. And that is really no different than here. It just seems like this is a much bigger site with lots of people watching.

I enjoy looking at other peoples pictures and we take plenty when out with the kids. I am not "Paranoid" at least I don't think I am, just being cautous I guess.

Also I did edit my previous post, I kind of thought I was going over board, just trying to prove a point.

I was looking at your profile and I think you do live in my world, sort of.  I have the same blue T-Shirt from Disney Worls and have a similar picture in front of the Tree of Life.  How funny.  I take it you are a "Pampered" family also.

I am not saying it is wrong to post pictures of the kids, I have posted pictures on a Snowmobile web site of my kids plenty of times.  And that is really no different than here.  It just seems like this is a much bigger site with lots of people watching. 

I enjoy looking at other peoples pictures and we take plenty when out with the kids.  I am not "Paranoid" at least I don't think I am, just being cautous I guess.

Also I did edit my previous post,  I kind of thought I was going over board, just trying to prove a point.

I might live in the same PC world but with a different viewpoint. Your "do you really think they would be safe?" premise means, no they wouldn't.

I'm with sbell111 on this one, I'm aware of the dangers in life, but I'm not serving them up on a platter by posting a picture and I resent the implication that I am.

Edit: Oh by the way, if you make the cruise let's hit a few caches. Pictures and everything. :lol: Weidners will try to make it too.

Edited by BlueDeuce
I'm offended by the other poster's comment about the "lack of care" shown by some of parents apparently. Don't presume to know me or the care I give my children. For starters, they are at an age where they go nowhere without their dad and me, or their grandparents. They know not to talk to strangers or basically to trust anyone except their parents (sadly, this is the way we have to raise them in today's world.)

I have to agree. I'm an extremely dedicated and even over-protective parent. My son is very attached to me, and at 9 years old (as of this weekend), he goes nowhere without me. I'm the kind of parent who has to walk with him everywhere as I won't let him out of my sight. I'll take him into a lady's room in a department store if there is no "family" bathroom. I won't let him into a men's room alone.

While I would never write his name on his shirt or backpack, because an unknown person could call him by name at school or something, I find NO danger in posting his picture on cache pages. I am so proud of him, and he is such an enthusiastic guy. His real name is unknown by those who seek, our location is unknown, and we don't broadcast when/where we'll be caching next. Without knowing his name or location, and never being near him, how is he in danger???

People see kids all over the world, mine is just another having fun with his family. He doesn't use the internet, so no one can solicit him.

548c8ecd-62a8-49d7-a239-90272b0615e2.jpg

Now I hope this isn't going to far but 1stimestar posted this. In less than 5 minutes on the internet I found her name, phone number and adress. (After better judgement I deleted this information).

Just trying to prove a point. Here

Yes you found it because I advertise on the internet. I work very hard to get and keep my home business active, mostly from being able to be found easily by pregnant women.

And yes, I do believe they would be safe no matter your persistance. They are not left alone anywhere, they do not walk home from school, etc. Yes you could break into my house at night to attempt to kidnap them, but then you would be faced with a bear stopping gun so yet still, I don't think my children are in danger. "You" as in general, not you personally of course.