Minor Cache Log Problem

n0wae

While going down "memory lane" re-reading my old cache logs I discovered this peculiar glitch. Apparently a now archived cache has been tagged as not approved. My 4-27-04 log on "West Nile Aisle" cache (Sorry I don't have access to the GC #)

gives this error when I try to read it: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...d2-9c647f31ca94

No biggie, just thought you would like to know about it. Thanks for "workin on it"!

Fortunately you can still view your log entry from your "my account" link.

Well, that's the problem. I can't read the log from my account page and I get the "cache not approved error". I can read all other caches that I've done that have become archived just not this one via "my account". I was just wondering if the cache was tagged as "not approved" instead of "archived" by mistake. No biggie, you've got bigger fish to fry. Thanks for all your great work. The bookmarks are especially nice. Thank you.

It has to do with the seriousness of the listing, but since it was archived I can't see the harm in having it published but archived. I'm sure, however, there's more to it than I know at this point.

If you visit the cache link you can actually read all your all logs by date, or view them all on one page by type of log. If it doesn't show up there, there may be a bug in how I display the logs. Can you verify for me?

It has to do with the seriousness of the listing, but since it was archived I can't see the harm in having it published but archived. I'm sure, however, there's more to it than I know at this point.

If you visit the cache link you can actually read all your all logs by date, or view them all on one page by type of log. If it doesn't show up there, there may be a bug in how I display the logs. Can you verify for me?

Yes, the cache is listed in my "Show all Logs for Caches" and the "visit log" link does work. (I can read *only* my log to this cache)

The cache link on my "Show all Logs for Caches" or the cache link on the "visit log" page doesn't work anymore so I can't re-visit the cache page itself or have access to the other logs posted to that cache, use the bookmark feature etc. I get the error message I mentioned before when I try. It suggests that the problem is with it's "unplublished status" given back to the cache after it was published and I logged a find on it. Don't know wheather it's a bug or an approver hit the wrong archive button or what. Thought you'd like to know about it. Thanks for your time, Eric