Default Date When Entering Logs

TheAprilFools

This is a minor problem that tends to bug me.

I went and found a few caches yesterday (7/31) but was too tired to log them when I got home so I decided to wait until the next day (8/1). Every time I go to enter a log entry it defaults to the current date and I have to change the drop downs for the month and day to the day I want to log them.

Would it be possible that if I had entered another log entry within the last hour, to default the date of the next log entry to the date of the last log entry rather than the current date.

Could you just assign someone to follow me around and do all my logs for me?

Here's a better idea:

If everyone could just bring their caches by, I'll sign the logs and you can use my computer to log my finds.

sbell: Could you sign the logs "Tharagleb" and then log them online for me if I give you my password? Thanks.

/back on topic

Actually the OP has a point. I was posting last night after midnight my time (EST/DST whatever) and the date didn't change to 8/1. I think that is because the site is on PST. I was happy.

So just post your logs by midnight PST and you should be okay. :rolleyes:

Actually the OP has a point. I was posting last night after midnight my time (EST/DST whatever) and the date didn't change to 8/1. I think that is because the site is on PST. I was happy.

So just post your logs by midnight PST and you should be okay.  :rolleyes:

Since I live in the PST zone I sometimes get home and start posting before midnight and it takes me until after before I finish. There are usually several I enter with the wrong date before I realize its switched.

Since I live in the PST zone I sometimes get home and start posting before midnight and it takes me until after before I finish. There are usually several I enter with the wrong date before I realize its switched.

Move - it's easier than adding a feature to the site. ;-)

Seriously, there's a lot of ways to skin this cat. They all have pros and cons.

I'd like to see automated logging via a web service.

I actually wouldn't mind the suggested feature either. I'll often log a long weekend's worth of caches several days later, and having to change the date 30 or 40 times can get tedious. I suppose it's not that much of a nuisance, but the "date cookie" would still be helpful to me.

I could certainly test this out and see how it goes. I'd hate to see another topic that says "my date is stuck!" or something because the site is being too helpful*

mainscreen.jpg

*yes. web sites can be too helpful. Don't expect Clippy to show up here.

I live in Hawaii. When it is midnight on the west coast it is only 9pm here.

I could certainly test this out and see how it goes. I'd hate to see another topic that says "my date is stuck!" or something because the site is being too helpful*

mainscreen.jpg

*yes. web sites can be too helpful. Don't expect Clippy to show up here.

Yeah, there is already somebody complaining about the new "Publish" log types. :lol:

You know, a Web service interface for logging cache finds would allow third-party tools to fix this issue for their users, while at the very same time allowing people to include the actual time the cache was found in their logs. It would even reduce peak loads on the servers too!