New Log Order Issue Related To "published"

caderoux

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...c1-b364c661a7a8

It looks like I found the cache before it was published. I got the notify, went out and found the cache and logged it later that night. However, my entry comes before the new "Published" entry.

At some point when this page is revised, perhaps the sort order be "Log Date" and then "Log Actual Entry Date/Time/Sequence Number", so that Published would never appear to come after other subsequently entered logs.

Edited by caderoux

The funny thing was I had to renew my membership before I could see that listing.

You're right. The reason why that happens is the publish log entry has a timestamp so it ends up going in front of whatever is logged the same day. I thought I had the sorting issues worked out but apparently I missed something. I'll note it in a bug report. Thanks!

Or did you log it before it was listed... hmm?

(just kidding)

Or did you log it before it was listed... hmm?

(just kidding)

Well it's bad enough that it was kind of embarrassing that I couldn't find this one by myself.

But I did get quid pro quo from the owner - as I was driving to his newest cache, his wife called me for a lifeline while they were on a cache where I had been the only finder.

I was dying from the heat on this bridge and had to go back to my car for water and called them back. Should have found it myself, though - somehow just never felt/saw it.