Making Geocaching More Fun

HartClimbs

Gas costs for geocaching trips taking their toll?

I'm selling my 2003 Honday Shadow 750 ACE (American Classic Edition) bike. One owner - very clean - and a great way to get around to geocaches while keeping gas costs in check! Lots of fun for under $5,000 and it averages about 45 MPG.

If a geocacher with a Rino buys it - I'll even throw in the garmin handlebar mount I used! It's a great bike and lots of fun.....

Anyway - if you're interested (or know someone who might be interested) - you can get more details here.

- Hart

image002.jpg

Very nice bike, unfortunately I just have room for my SV650S or I might consider it. Did you get a replacement or what? Always looking for some one who would like to combine caching with motorcycling.

Just upgraded from a 750 to a 1450 after two years of riding.

The 750 was the perfect bike for me to start on - I just wanted something bigger for longer tours.

Very nice bike, unfortunately I just have room for my SV650S or I might consider it. Did you get a replacement or what? Always looking for some one who would like to combine caching with motorcycling.

Just upgraded from a 750 to a 1450 after two years of riding.

The 750 was the perfect bike for me to start on - I just wanted something bigger for longer tours.

That's cool, hopefully someone will send you a note on the 750.

I've been looking to get another bike for back and forth to work, but that's WAY to nice (ie expensive, heheh) for what I want it for!

Oh? What are you looking for? A KLR?

More like a CPOC.

Cheap Piece Of Crap

Aahhhh.... I've had a few of those over the years... my favorite one was the CL350 that I had a few years back, rode it everywhere!

Power rangers jacket is available (I'll throw it in). I'd forgotten about that jacket - I think it's sitting in our basement somewhere. Funny how things change.

Used to be riding in a BRIGHT jacket (for visibility), only on rural roads, full face helmet, gloves, full gear.

Last night - rode in to NYC with 15 friends in a t-shirt with a shorty helmet.

Ekitty would be proud.

Demp - get a bike! It's the most fun you can have in public with your clothes on!!!! :wacko:

Power rangers jacket is available (I'll throw it in). I'd forgotten about that jacket - I think it's sitting in our basement somewhere. Funny how things change.

Used to be riding in a BRIGHT jacket (for visibility), only on rural roads, full face helmet, gloves, full gear.

Ekitty would be proud.

Demp - get a bike! It's the most fun you can have in public with your clothes on!!!! :lol:

Not to sound like a jinx or anything, but I'll bet ya anything if you live through your first major bike accident you will go back to that gear.

Trust me on this; scrubbing asphalt out of your skin is one of the most painful things you can endure and still live. Not to mention 25yrs later the stuff they didn't get out of my skin looks like I missed a few spots in the shower.

And a full-face helmet is one of the things that saved my life 15yrs ago.

You wouldn't give up the airbags and seatbelts in your car just 'cause you didn't get in an accident in the last 10,000 miles, would ya?

Power rangers jacket is available (I'll throw it in).  I'd forgotten about that jacket - I think it's sitting in our basement somewhere.  Funny how things change.

Ekitty would be proud.

Demp - get a bike!  It's the most fun you can have in public with your clothes on!!!! :D

Not to sound like a jinx or anything, but I'll bet ya anything if you live through your first major bike accident you will go back to that gear.

Trust me on this; scrubbing asphalt out of your skin is one of the most painful things you can endure and still live. Not to mention 25yrs later the stuff they didn't get out of my skin looks like I missed a few spots in the shower.

And a full-face helmet is one of the things that saved my life 15yrs ago.

You wouldn't give up the airbags and seatbelts in your car just 'cause you didn't get in an accident in the last 10,000 miles, would ya?

I'm betting that if I live through my first major bike accident - I'll probably just give up riding and take up something less dangerous like skydiving.

Maybe I'll get back to geocaching again! :D

EntropysEdge, or anyone else, keep me in mind if you want a motorcycling partner. I, too, look for partners to bike and cache with.

EntropysEdge, or anyone else, keep me in mind if you want a motorcycling partner. I, too, look for partners to bike and cache with.

Just shoot me a PM ;)

Get down to southern Md and we'll ride with anyone. Bikes and caching just go together except in Jan, Feb and snow. But then, I don't cache in snow driving my truck (much)! With gas prices, this is the only way to go.

Terri