Naked Pics In The Caches?

First time poster, so go easy on me.

I noticed some cahces have disposable cameras in them. THe first thing that came to mind, was people taking inappropriate pics of themselves.

Has this happened to anyone with cameras in their caches?

I'm not saying I would do it, but the thought has crossed my mind.

Please don't feed the trolls.

I was wondering what you were talking about until I noticed the username. Funny, I was just picturing your avatar that way too. :rolleyes: Sure, she may be a cartoon, but she's still a babe. B) Oh BTW Hi J5. :anibad:

Edited by Snoogans
THe first thing that came to mind, was people taking inappropriate pics of themselves.

Has this happened to anyone with cameras in their caches?

I'm still waiting for a busload of playboy bunnies to get introduced to geocaching and decide to have a photo shoot in the woods with my camera.

I may be waiting a while.

Oh, I don't think it's a troll, it's just nudecacher's wife :rolleyes:

<Sprinkles some troll food around>

POINT:

Funny how they could "notice" disposable cameras in caches ... when they have no finds yet.  :rolleyes:

COUNTERPOINT:

Hmmm... Most of the cache I've come across that had cameras in them have also had that information on the cache listing...

When I was in High School we went to PE. They had to unlock the Gym door to let us in. One day someone had posted a polaroid of their "parts" on the door. I didn't get a good look as I was too busy flirting with the cute girls who I had the good fortune to call classmates.

What was the topic again? Oh right, photo's. Anything can happen, and something often will. It's seldom what you are worried about though.

Edited by Renegade Knight

<Peeks under the bridge> Hi there lil feller-sure I'll answer your ahem... innocent question: Nope never taken nor worried about inappropriate pics out in the woods while geocaching. I'm not about to expose any more skin than necessary to the skeeters and other biting, stinging, itchy things out there. :D

Now at a wedding reception, I have been known to leave a few surprises for the happy couple when they get back from the honeymoon and open the package from the developer. :rolleyes::D

Let me see if I can make some sense of this. The OP screen name is "t0p0less" or TOPLESS. Then they ask a question about nudity. I dunno. Seems to be a connection but I can't put my finger on it.  :rolleyes:

B)

Actually, it's g0t0pless (or go topless). Now, if there were pictures to prove it wasn't a troll... :D

Hmmmm and I read it as Got Opless which really didn't make any sense at all. :D

Let me see if I can make some sense of this. The OP screen name is "t0p0less" or TOPLESS. Then they ask a question about nudity. I dunno. Seems to be a connection but I can't put my finger on it.  :rolleyes:

B)

Actually, it's g0t0pless (or go topless). Now, if there were pictures to prove it wasn't a troll... :D

Hmmmm and I read it as Got Opless which really didn't make any sense at all. ;)

I thought it was goto pless and wondered which cache that was? :D

Not that I have too much caching experience, but judging by the few finds I have and the comments here ... let me see. The usual cache content tends to become used and slightly broken McToys and other stuff found at the bottom of a kids drawer, bottle caps, coins and all the stuff nobody ever would take for themself at the dollar store.

If the same quality tendency applies to nude pics in the caches ... urgh. I don't know, but I would be less concerned about the nudity part. I myself am used to pictures like those posted on rotten.com, but other cachers might involuntarily leave parts of their breakfast as trade. [/sarcasm]

Jan

Edited for good example link - the downward spiral!

Edited by JanniCash

I'm very sorry if I offended anyone.

I am new the geocaching. I don't even have a handheld GPS yet, mine plugs into a laptop, which I am not about to carry around in the woods with me, for fear of it being broken, or being mugged.

My nickname has been with me for over 10 years. I used to drive a convertible pickup truck, and someone gave me the name. I've just been using it ever since.

By the way, I am male. So I "go topless" quite a bit.

My son and I are going to go on our first search when I get a friend to mail me his GPS to borrow for a month. I want to make sure he is up to the task (he's 5) before I gout and plop down some hard earned cash on something we won't ever use.

If it goes well, I'd love to hide some caches for others to find, and I thought the disposable camera thing would be a cool one to try. While "I" would find nekkid pics to be amuzing, my son and wife probably would not.

No offense taken here.

Keep in mind that children don't find nudity itself offending, abnormal or even worth to be paid attention to ... until they are taught to do so. I grew up in north Germany and nudists are pretty common at public beaches - me included whenever I find myself at a beach without swimwear. I don't do that in the States because it is not accepted here. I might even completely stop to use "normal" swimwear someday - the stuff you call speedo's ... maybe you don't know it, but most european folks cringe at the sight of Americans in their bulky bathing-sacks.

Enough of that, if you didn't spoil your son yet, he'll be naturally more interested in yet another toy or flashlight/glowstick than some naked breast or other things your wife would get upset about.

Jan

PS: never take anything I write personal. I don't know you, so how can I intend to offend you?

Ha ha ha ha. :lol:

Considering our favorite "state" caching hide location here happens to be in/around Russian Olive trees, I haven't seen/heard of any nekkid pictures in caches yet.

But then again... I'd bet it's because all of the caches with cameras I have found are related to the said trees which have thorns that average an inch long and most of the time are longer. Did I mention the only other one with a camera I've come across was about 5 feet from a stagnant pond in chest deep thistles and had a fire ant hill in front?! Between the thistles, fireants, and the mosquitos at the pond, I think most people grabbed it, logged it, took a pic and RAN.

I guess the advice would be strategic placement. If you place it where it would be rather Uh.. uncomfortable... to remove clothing, I'd bet you wouldn't find many if any that were questionable in content.

... ... maybe you don't know it, but most european folks cringe at the sight of Americans in their bulky bathing-sacks....

Yeah, well the feeling is mutual. I cringe at the site of Europeans in their micro-Speedos--especially ugly, wrinkled, hairy old men. Ugh!

It's partly American prudery, and partly the fact that many, many people (men and women) simply do not look good in very revealing swimwear. I keep my ugly, hair, pasty white butt covered up, and I appreciate the courtesy in return.

It's partly American prudery, and partly the fact that many, many people (men and women) simply do not look good in very revealing swimwear. I keep my ugly, hair, pasty white butt covered up, and I appreciate the courtesy in return.

:lol: Not to mention scars. <_<

... ... maybe you don't know it, but most european folks cringe at the sight of Americans in their bulky bathing-sacks....

Yeah, well the feeling is mutual. I cringe at the site of Europeans in their micro-Speedos--especially ugly, wrinkled, hairy old men. Ugh!

That is very true. For many people exposing less would be more. And it doesn't matter if it is old, hairy and wrinkled or fat, ugly and out of shape. I know, round is a shape and well built can still be attractive, but there is a point where it just isn't any more.

I guess many Europeans should rethink if their "oh so emanzipated" beachwear is still aestetic and appropriate on a case by case base, while many Americans have to rethink if nudity or topless at the beach is really doing more harm to the moral of their children, than the constantly displayed violence and disrespect for human dignity on TV. I don't think that the display of nudity has caused any 12 year old to go postal and blast away some classmates and teachers yet.

People unfortunately often try to force others to behave according to thier expectations, instead of rethinking if their expectations are reasonable ... and I don't exclude myself from that statement. So this important step towards world peace will not be accomplished tomorrow. Sheesh ... I guess I will have to just go on, enjoy my wife, return the pleasure and ignore the irritated looks on some peoples faces. :lol:<_<:unsure:

Jan

vamos_a_la_playa.jpg

:lol:

That is very true. For many people exposing less would be more. And it doesn't matter if it is old, hairy and wrinkled or fat, ugly and out of shape. I know, round is a shape and well built can still be attractive, but there is a point where it just isn't any more.

I guess many Europeans should rethink if their "oh so emanzipated" beachwear is still aestetic and appropriate on a case by case base, while many Americans have to rethink if nudity or topless at the beach is really doing more harm to the moral of their children, than the constantly displayed violence and disrespect for human dignity on TV. I don't think that the display of nudity has caused any 12 year old to go postal and blast away some classmates and teachers yet.

People unfortunately often try to force others to behave according to thier expectations, instead of rethinking if their expectations are reasonable ... and I don't exclude myself from that statement. So this important step towards world peace will not be accomplished tomorrow. Sheesh ... I guess I will have to just go on, enjoy my wife, return the pleasure and ignore the irritated looks on some peoples faces. :lol:<_<:unsure:

Jan

vamos_a_la_playa.jpg

:blink: I like exibitionists.

They are soo up front about the body electric. :lol:

This thread reminded me of a cache I visited where the previous (nongeocaching) finder was upset at finding an ammo box out in the country. Apparently, it reminded him of other experiences, and he claimed to have taken an inappropriate picture to express his anger. But he only took one photo and left the cache in tact. So perhaps having the camera in the cache gave him some creative outlet. Better that than just trashing the cache.

in my case i don't need to do anything other than take the photo to leave a scarey adults only photo!! i mean take a look at my avatar, that's real life not a picture!!

beach wear, let's be honest men, we do not have attractive bodies, speedos only for those who are olympic swimmers the rest of us should wear knee length shorts. :(

A horse club in Ohio put out one of those "Calendar Girls" type calendars last year. You know....tastefully nude photos, only equine themed settings. Some friends and I were looking through it when their 7 year old said, "ohhh, horsey pictures!"

Someone once explained the difference between "naked" and "nude":

Nude=without clothing

Naked=without clothing and you're up to something!

Is the next year's calender going to be "Geo-girls gone wild"??? ;)

In all seriousness though, I have always been a little on the edge when it came to putting a cameria with a cache or TB, cause I hate to be the one to walk into a local establishment to pick up the prints and either A- I get the "we really need to talk to you" line or B- Big looking suits show up and whisk me away.