Do People Recognize The Sticker On Your Vehicle?

Isn't having that blue thing on your car illegal?

Why would it be? It's just a sticker.

It's not a sticker. It's to cover his front license plate. We have two types of plates here in Mass. The older, green ones were issued with only one tag, for the rear. The newer, red ones are issued in pairs. Since it's a POV, not an official cop car, wouldn't failing to display the front tag be a violation?

Hmmm...looks like I responded a couple years ago. :laughing:

Last month I was parked at a hotel in Indy while out caching with a friend. When I stopped to check my email I had one from the hotel's head of maintenance who was a fairly new cacher. He saw my "Geocacher-U.com" sticker on the back of the Durango, looked the address up and emailed me. He wanted me to look him up the next morning for a cup of coffee and to swap some stories.

Unfortunately I wasn't spending the night....sigh....I missed out on a free cup of hotel coffee. :laughing:

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that. I thought it was a sticker.

In Ohio, it is a violation to fail to display a front plate. I can't speak for laws in his state.

Actually I was pulled over in Ohio for not having a front license plate and was told that they couldn't give me a ticket for it. They just wanted to waste my time I guess. I had been in an accident the year before and the repair place stole the screw that held on the plate. I just never got around to replacing it. This was a few years ago now though, could be illegal now.

I had a nice black tag on the front of my Jeep with the geocaching logo and www.geocaching.com under the logo. After a while I decided to ditch it as to me, part of the fun of geocaching is to do it kind of 'under cover'. I started to feel that the tag was like someone putting PRIVATE DETECTIVE on their vehicle. I just like being stealthy about things and don't like parking somewhere and having my Jeep yelling "HEY EVERYBODY, I'M GEOCACHING!!! WOO-WOO!!!". On the top of my windshield I have a custom decal with the infinity symbol and MPG under it but I figure if someone knows me from infiniteMPG then they're already cool. Muggles wouldn't understand the meaning.. "You don't burn no gas in dat 4X4?".... hehehe I do have a green bison tube with the geo-logo on it hanging from my mirror but I don't mind the subtle nature of that.

I really don't like to have any decals on my car. I just bought an '06 Wrangler and I want to remove the vinyl lettering that the dealership put on. Should I use a heat gun or maybe some solvent? I don't want to scratch the finish. Any suggestions?

I once read a post in a car forum that a person warmed up the decal with a hair dryer and then worked dental floss under the sticker to loosen and remove it.

I found the link

Good luck!