Ever Had A Cache Log Make Your Day???

This is the most interesting logs I have received.

Jim

Kc8bdr

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WARNING - PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all the cache was fun. It was an interesting path leading up to the cache. I took nothing and left a body warmer and lightstick.

Ok, on the way out about 50 yards away from me was an animal that jumped out of the woods. It didn't see me and it stood there and then it took off. I looked at it closely and I am almost sure that it was a panther. I am not kidding! This big black cat was large and it was fast! It darted off so quickly! I had to go to the library and lookup the imagee to confirm what I saw and sure enough it was.

I told the police and DNR which surprisingly did not make much a response. I almost think that they didn't take me seriously, but I will never forget what I saw. It was the scariest animal I have ever seen. Considering the fact that there were panther sightings in this area of Oakland County, this was a very scary experience.

Since this animal darted off in the direction I needed to go to get back to my car, I was very VERY scared. Fortunately, I found another path back to the car. So please note that there are two paths that will get you in and out of the cache area.

Please be careful! I am still a little shaken up by the experience!

This one brought smiles to our faces as soon as we read it.

June 25 by BlackDogs (518 found)

Holy crap! A most worthy cache; the kind BlackDogs likes.

An out of the way destination along with a nice hike through the woods, then a not so nice bushwack. Waders... why yes, that would be a good idea! Zeroed in on the coordinates, but the great camouflage job fooled our eyes and we ended up making a bigger search than necessary. Too much fun! Thanks!

Took the travel bug and left a cool Smokey Bear pin and 2 key rings.

BlackDogs

Warning do not read log, unless you have a strong stomach

This is the funniest photo log I have ever had on any of my caches.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?II...mp;LID=19266698

Not Berry Good...

All along the creek bed, we found evidence that something (animal probably) had dined on some sort of berries with disasterous results. This pic was either of the first instance, or the last...! All the others were dribbles and dabs, but this one seems to be pretty violent. Hope the critter is still alive...!

Not for the faint of heart!

Not Berry Good

I have a cache called 100 Acre Wood that is set up as a kids cache. It is a multi in a park where you visit a character from Pooh's woods at each leg to find the cache. I have had nothing but good logs on this cache but this one is one of my favorite.

:D April 28 by lyonden_ut (1898 found)

Had a great time looking for the honey pot. Thanks for the cache that reminded me that caching is for fun, not just a number count.

We are simple, so it doesn't take much to make our day. Here's a few that have made our day recently.

"Spent 20 years in the islands before having a mid life crisis and moving east only to come home and find a spot that we never knew existed. Thank you. Nicely done. "

"Thanks for bringing me to this nice local spot!"

"What a great place for a hide."

"Thanks for taking me to a place I'd never been before."

"My husband and I really enjoyed this little park. .... This was our first cache and it was great. Thanks!"

I finally got a few earthcaches moved from Waymarking back to Geocaching. Within in a few hours (I had to wait for the Ausies to wake up) I got a great log from the FTF on a natural sandstone bridge earthcache.

"Log Date: 11/2/2006

This is a great example of an EarthCache.

To be able to walk over a 200 year old bridge in the middle of Sydney suburbia was special.

To TerryDad2 you have shown me something I didn't know existed and I thank you.

Regards Philma."

This one made my day even before it was logged.

So, I'm making the rounds hosting my recent event and Pepper tells me to come over and meet some new cachers that she is sitting with. They look vaguely familiar, but when they give their team name, I had never heard of it.......

The story goes that this couple ALWAYS sits at the same table at the restaurant where I have many of my events. (5 and counting)

Back in August, they sat down in the back of the room at their table as usual (unaware that a geocaching event was going on there) and as more geocachers arrived we filled the place up.

Some geocachers (Nov64 & Nov2) sat down with them assuming that they were geocachers too. Well, they got educated about geocaching right away and were interested enough to check out gc.com, buy a GPS, and find a cache on their own. They returned, as geocachers, to my most recent event. Ain't that a hoot!? :laughing::blink:

That's the second time we roped a new geocacher at one of my events. The first was Charles Phillips who just happened to be fishin' in the park where I was hosting a CITO event. ;)

This thread was just itching to be brought back to life. ;)

Lounging_at_Walden found Tactical Adventure 2 (Pipe Dreams) (Unknown Cache)

After a noble, yet aborted attempted at Tactical Adventure #1 Tree-ant-o-cache, Coggins and I headed out in search of the famed giant pink pipe. It's not what you're thinking, or maybe it is. We heard rumors of the giant pink pipe's existence.

For reals? A pink pipe jutting out of the desert floor?

After a quick drive through the nearby dry creek bed, we spied something sticking out of the desert floor. Could it be? The rumors were true.

Because Coggins came equipped for every scenario imaginable, in a manner of moments, we were climbing aboard the pink pipe.

It was a happy ending for all. Signed the log, traded out jeeps. An interesting cache to say the least. A nice twist on the P&G. Park, climb, realize that your on top of giant pink pipe, laugh, and grab.

If you do fall from the top, you'll be laughing all the way down because you'll have to explain to the doctors, your friends and family, that you got injured while mounting an erect 20 foot giant pink pipe.

Thanks Rex for carting out the gear. And thanks ecosystem for the ant-free surroundings.

Thanks Bill for the cache and the puzzle. How do you find these places?

--- J

Here is a picture of the hiding spot.

371dafcb-c69e-45ef-980b-0b64602d3e30.jpg

Edited by Kit Fox

I just got this email notification and it really made my day. THANKS CalKids. :D

calkids found Ode to Ranboze and bthomas (Traditional Cache) at 9/23/2007

Log Date: 9/23/2007

9.5miles,2,700ft elevation gain, 40degree weather, 10,000 feet up and 7 hours roundtrip ...... We set off on FOOT at 9am with Gary&Vicky and 3 1/2 hours later we had the prize in hand. This is one of our all time favorites, the fall colors were incredible. All the way up I kept asking myself why are we doing this?.....just like the other times, its that feeling you get from finishing a seldom done/hardcore cache. We encourage any hikers who chase hardcore caches to do this one. Great views and plenty of laughs made this a great day. TN L-Lung SL Thanks for the SMILE!

The pictures really made me homesick. :):P:P

552ce901-38ac-4255-a5e9-949b031af8d3.jpg

ba5f9911-6ce7-4d8f-8b1d-7d4eca5f2c2c.jpg

9d43b2e5-ffc1-4061-8bc6-b1e82dd61b18.jpg

fc404055-2358-474e-aca2-5ffb8b9ee0fb.jpg

63a64ce6-cf96-439f-a61b-4b00412b35cb.jpg

Thus far the whole experience with the kids, watching them find caches, seeing the excitement on their faces, holding them back from rummaging through all of the swag. We're newbies but having a lot of fun as a family. We've released several travel bugs so far and the best moment has been "seeing" one move, even if it is only 1.5 miles. We're really looking forward to the geography lessons as the bugs move through out the world.

Any time I get pictures from home on one of my caches it makes my day. Just so happens lundykid hit a couple of my caches today so I KNEW there would be at least one cool shot. I also got a nice log too. :blink:

NW 1459.1mi from your home coordinates

California Friday, October 19, 2007

:P lundykid found Hardcore Ezakimak (Traditional Cache)

Geez - What's with geocachers this year? Only 1 other visit this year. They don't know what they're missing. My wife and I are here for our annual fall Mono Lake area visit. I've wanted to get up here for a while. I wasn't sure we could make it with the snow earlier in the week. No problem in my Grand Cherokee. Fun drive, fantastic views. Thanks for the excuse to get up here.

T - Simpsons watch, L - Casa de Cars keychain

b2e9bed9-eae7-44b7-acdd-c50819024e11.jpg

BTW- It was lundy kid that posted my favorite picture for any of my caches in 2004:

81246ee8-c61c-49b7-876f-76088249a262.jpg

Thanks lundykid! :blink:

Here's a nice one:

jahoadi and john found The FrogStar (West) (Traditional Cache) at 10/27/2007

Log Date: 10/27/2007

Cool, I was afraid the big thing would eat me for lunch! No one was around as I stopped. Made my way to the goods on an overcast and cool day. I really liked the big pine trees scattered around here and the grove of birch trees. Left a nice coin, and a smiley face and took a frog (to give to Geospyder's wife.) Thanks for making me stop here.

Jahoadi and John

What really made me chuckle was that last part. If I can MAKE people STOP then maybe I can make people pay my bills....

Send your checks for ANY amount to:

PRESS Your Luck!/I wanna pay Snoogans' bills

P.O. Box 516

Missouri City, Texas 77459-0516

Ok, this log brightened my day from INCLINE

:) September 1 by The Pastor & Pastor's Wife (1630 found)

17:15 ....................FTF..............................

WE LOOKED IN THE TREES

AND WE LOOKED ON THE GROUND,

WE SEARCH NEAR THE CURB,

WE SEARCHED ALL AROUND.

WE LOOKED OVER HERE

AND WE LOOKED OVER THERE,

WE THOUGHT WE HAD LOOKED

ALMOST EVERYWHERE.

WE THOUGHT 'WHAT COULD IT BE

THAT PRO-SKILLS WE'D NEED'

WE THOUGHT OF A ROCK

AND WE THOUGHT OF A PINE SEED.

THEN WE SEARCHED AND SEARCHED

AND SEARCHED SOME MORE,

WE SEARCHED SO MUCH

THAT EVEN OUR KNEES WERE SORE.

THEN MUCH TO OUR DELIGHT

WHAT DID WE SPY?

WHY...IT WAS THE CACHE

THAT WE SPYED WITH OUR EYE.

QUITE A GOOD HIDE, IT IS,

OF THAT YOU CAN BE SURE!

SO BEFORE YOU GIVE UP THE HUNT

YOU'D BETTER HUNT SOME MORE.

THIS IS ONE OF TP&PW'S FAV CACHES.

GOOD JOB, JACKROCK!

I get an interesting log on Superman's Transition from time to time... Interesting to me, anyhow. :)

May 12 by SniperChicken (1178 found)

found it,almost blew my cover though...a damsel almost walked in on me in my skivvies...good thing i'm FAST!!!

January 1 by tiger130 (630 found)

Found this one with Leigh421. You know what they say "Whatever you're doing at midnight on New Year's, it's what you're going to be doing all year long!"

May 22, 2006 by hbduk (30 found)

This was our families first attempt and first find! Dropped by on the way out to shop for a GPS.

June 27, 2004 by Bartster (322 found)

Almost didn't find this one. Clever hide. Looked right at it several times before finally getting it! I thought I was going to have to put on my blue tights and red cape, and break out the x-ray vision to find it, but persistence prevailed. The 4 year old cried because I found it, and he didn't. I had to chase him around the park to retrieve the cache from him, all the while he was screaming at the top of his lungs. So much for being indiscreet. Had to bribe him with the opportunity to go find another cache, to get it back from him so I could sign it. I let him replace it. Thanks for another one, Bit. I haven't found any of yours in a while (because I haven't attempted them). I drove the minivan past Bit's 4x4 Adventure, and thought about it, but decided the wife, and her grandmother, would object to the adventure. Maybe next time!! TFTC, Bartster.

I felt pretty good when I read this log on my latest hide, Mission Improbable.

October 11 by Spencersb (841 found)

Wish I was still around to hunt this! Guess it goes on my to do list for when I come back to visit. I have to say, though: "Don't do anything you think the cache hider wouldn't do." doesn't narrow it down much!

This one at Bitbrain's Library was a LOL moment.

July 23 by MP5171 (63 found)

Guess we should have read the comments first. We started on the wrong side of the river and tredged through the woods ( saw a deer) and then had to wade across the river to get to the cache. Now we know we should have gone to the church parking lot. Terrain level for this route was a 5. We love a good challenge though.

The first DNF on my first hide was entertaining, as was the first find log on it.

The DNF

June 13, 2002 by Salvo (321 found)

I set out to find this one as by looking at the maps and stars, I figured jeez, this one shouldn't be too hard. All I can say without giving anything away is that, Bit Brain, your hiding spot is pure genius. You made excellent use of knowledge of the topography, and natural barriers.

I laughed for a good 20 minutes on three seperate points during my hunt yesterday (while in the rain no less) over your intended pun and the natural barriers.

Being a vet and a tracker (I haven't had the opportunity to use THOSE particular skills in 20 yrs) I saw JamieZ's (though I didn't know it was him) bootsteps on the trail. By examining the trail, I knew that someone had beaten me in being first by at least two hours, as the returning steps were not indicative of a defeated, and demoralized person.

My tracking skills were rusty though and I lost his steps once we hit the deep wood, but hey, we're supposed to be using the GPS, right?

Originally I started out trying not to get too wet (at least THIS time) though after a point, I gave up on THAT concept. My boots are STILL soaked, but I had a 'boat'(Pun intentionally intended) load of fun hiking that area. I got within about 100' and then my GPS started wacking out on me.

I'll be going back, better prepared, and more aware this weekend!

My wife initially loved the idea of me GEOcaching, but lately she's been seeing me come back caked in mud and soaked, but overall pleased with myself in my attempts.

Last night when she heard that I didn't find it (as she's doing the laundry) but that I (by my demeanor) was still pleased with my efforts, she couldn't understand my frame of mind.

I told her, 'GeoCaching is like wrestling with a pig, you both get muddy, and the pig likes it!!'

The Find

June 12, 2002 by Jamie Z (441 found)

I had plans with a girl today, but she postponed, so I was left with nothing to do. Instead, I went caching.

Today was hot, and (in preparation for the girl) I was driving a friend's convertible. I had the warm wind in my (newly cut) hair and the sun shining on my face and arms.

It took me two tries to get to the right parking area for this cache, and then I set out, wishing I'd brought some water.

The tree cover made this one a little more difficult, and when I got to the location I was hot and sweaty. I didn't relish going in amongst the bushes and vines to find it. I tried for a while to see if I could see it from the trail.

Well, without giving it away, I couldn't see it from the trail, so I had to bushwhack a little.

I found it easily and sat down on the ground to open it up and see what was inside. I pulled a tick off my leg.

I opened the container and nabbed the logbook. I was surprised to see no one else had logged this one. I wrote my name and a short message, sealed the container and rehid it.

On my way out, I passed two shirtless male joggers. Why don't women go out running on these trails?

The first thing I did when I got back to my car was to go across the street to the convenience store for a couple of cold drinks. Sure tasted good after my hike in the heat.

On a side note--I don't remember seeing a CD in the cache. Was it left out at the last minute, or did someone take it out before I got there?

Jamie

Heres one on a night cache nearbye.

Good Night Chuck

joboo posted a note for Goodnight Chuck (Multi-cache)

well, i found stage one in under 5 min. 2nd stage in around 20 to 30 min.

cool, off to see chuck right??

chuck had company tonite!!!

make my way to chuck............looking around for the final, look up and 2 wolves are looking right at me from about 15 yards away!!!

we looked at each other for what seemed like forever, (it was probably more like 30 seconds, lol). picture my light dimming, my gps on the ground with a glowstick on it, and me with poop my pants!!!!!! so, i said hello, grabbed the gps, shook the turd from my shorts, and headed to the vehicle.

my 2 new friends, (maybe more, but i wasn't turning around to see, if ya know what i mean), followed me out to the little building at the parking lot, and said goodnite.

i was going to log this as a did not find, but due to meeting chucks 2 evening guests, i left a note.............. but i will return...after i shower, and do laundry.

dadgum this sport is grand!!!!!!

Peace,

Joboo

Edited by IBcrashen

My favorite:

A guy who treked out to a remote cache in the mountains, during an early Oct snow, to be reunited with a TB he had launched some time ago. The TB and story were about his dog, (former geo companion), who had passed away. He sent me a pic of him on top of the mountain holding the TB with the BIGGEST smile on his face (don't know how he would feel about me posting the pic so I'm describing it instead)

Also made me well up a bit when I think about my Airedale geodogs that are now 12 and 13. After reading that log I realized, more than ever, what a great activity geocaching is. In that moment, I bonded with a total stranger. If I ever meet him, he will already be a friend.

I still re-read this one every now and again for the laughs. Here's a recent log on my puzzle cache:

Yeehaa - another FTF! Didn't see this cache until this morning when I got to work. Having been on vacation the prior week, I'm still a little restless today so I was up for a lunch time challenge. With your hint, the puzzle clicked quickly and I solved it in about 10 minutes. Without the hint, I would have been completely stumped. Now for the find. Coordinates in hand, I leave the building and see this is 10 miles from work ! What the heck - I'm up for a boondoggle. If I make a quick find (it's a regular, so I should) I can get there and back, exceeding my lunch hour by only 5-10 minutes. On arrival, I find that the cache is close to 0.5 miles from the parking spot. Rats [:! After that drive, I'm not quitting now! I jog most of the way, only to find myself in a place that resembles the Dagobah system (Star Wars fans will understand). Each step off high ground sinks my dress shoes into muck (quit laughing, DoRoAlRy), so I'm hopping from stump to log to ... whatever. Tree cover has the GPS spinning all over and there are many potential hiding spots. Am I actually going to bomb out on a regular after all this ??!! Finally, after at least 15 minutes, the prize reveals itself - and I'm first ! If I wasn't first after all that, I would have cried. Took cool looking geocoin, LN/SL. Looking at my watch, I see it is already 5 minutes past my lunch hour. Yep - 0.5 miles back to the car and a 10 mile drive back to work. At least I had wet wipes in the car to clean the mud off my hands, arms, shoes, etc before the drive back. I arrive back at work 50 minutes late. Thank heavens for a flexible job - I wouldn't try stupid things like this if my job was more time critical. Looks like I'll be working a little later tonight. Oh, yeah - I've done this several times before. Just another lunch time caching story to treasure. Thanks for the puzzle and the great hide.

Often, it is the DNF logs that are highest in quality

Yep!

I just read this one on my Claustrophobic's Nightmare cache and it made my day:

July 24 by catchapig (1460 found)

AWESOME!! This cache is the best we've Never found, and a whole lot better than many we have found!! We love places like this: the slot canyons of Bryce and Zion and the Narrows of Death Valley and Anza Borrego. So we were delighted to explore the fissures! We parked in the parking lot and hiked up from there. We found the right fissure and where to enter it the easiest. We're pretty sure we were in the right place because of the coords and one of the hints. We overturned every rock and searched every crack. Nothing. But the most important part was being there. So thank you!!!!

Got a real nice one yesterday:

Natural Pier Cache

I've always loved this bridge. I lived in this very cool community for over 10 years. the surrounding land is both majestic, mythical and wondrous. Just as the people who live here are. Natural Pier is a very cool local icon for the area. I would encourage everyone to visit this cache, the community of Alberton and the surrounding wild lands. It is an amazingly cool area of the Great State of Montana!!

I dropped a Travel Ingot off that I picked up on St. Simons Island, Georgia. I hope it's journey continues to be great.

Thanks for the Cache Jennifer&Dean,

WestForkDonJohn

b9ec5c96-c424-4747-806c-4e595f813f06.jpg

Such a nice log, had to share it!

Edited by Jennifer&Dean

I generally find the logs of my most difficult to attain, mostly due to terrain, are quite fun to read. Makes me feel the sweat and toil to place it were well worth it.

My first puzzle cache has received some kind compliments as well. I'm glad people enjoy finding this. It was a bit of craft work, but I had fun building it.

bands_finished.jpg

I generally find the logs of my most difficult to attain, mostly due to terrain, are quite fun to read. Makes me feel the sweat and toil to place it were well worth it.

My first puzzle cache has received some kind compliments as well. I'm glad people enjoy finding this. It was a bit of craft work, but I had fun building it.

bands_finished.jpg

I'm gonna look for that one my next trip through Santa Cruz! :yikes: Next year!

BTW - It took some study, but I can see that the plate is actually magnetic. Someone who looks less closely at thos pics will probably flame you for having a cache that looks like an electrical box that you need to disassemble. :huh: Don't sweat it if that happens. This is just the forums. Your finders will tell the real story. :laughing:

Edited by Snoogans

These log made my day! :D

The Musical Road

July 8 by Sgt. Pepper and Penny Lane (1628 found)

We had friends tell us about this cache when they found out that we always go to LA from Vegas via Victorville/Palmdale/Hollywood and said we had to make a side trip to the musical road. We sure were not dissapointed. We did everything wrong! Didn't pay attention to the "number one lane" note and drove past the cache while seeing we were also in the wrong lane. U Turn. Back to the cache and stopped on the road so I could jump out and run across the field and get the cache while a couple of cars going by made music for me. Ran back to the car and drove slowly over the correct lane so we could make another U turn. Back down the road for another U turn and back up over the bumps at only 55 mph. Sounded kind of funny so U Turn. Back down and around for two more passes faster so it would sound better.

We got a huge kick out of the road and the cache that took us to another cool place we would have missed. Too bad we didn't know about this when we lived in Japan or we would have gone looking for that one also. It really gave our friends visiting from FL a story to tell when they get home.

The Last Flight of the Hercules

July 19 by MisterE7256 (168 found)

Here doing we are heck the what....whats that you say confusing. Well thats because as Kit Fox says this cache is nothing short of insane and it was..Came down from Lake Tahoe to backpack a couple of days with Desert Pyrates and hit a few caches in the Angeles National Forest. We started our trek with none other than Kit Fox( who unfortunately could only stay the first day, think he did that on purpose because he knew what we were in for. J/K) at Cloudburst Trailhead first we hit the "Bluebird and Blue Skies" on our way to Cooper Canyon Campground. Picked up another one called "Sweet Oasis" down the Burkhart Trail there was a local watering hole nearby. we hung out there for a few hours debating if we should try to summit Goddykoontz Peak where there was another cache..We decided not to due to the extreme heat and humidity. So we just hung around the creek enjoying some of the smaller peaks by the waterfall nearby. We bid farewell to Kit fox and Desert Pyrates and I pushed on to the Burkhart Saddle to camp for the Night..At dawn we decided to summit Will Thrall Peak and Pallet Peak on our way to the crash site. At Pallet peak you can get your first glimpse of the crashsite. Hiked Pleasent View Ridge to an area we thought was a good place to decend to the site. The average pitch on this slope was approx 35 to 45 degrees so be very carefull as Kit Fox warns. We arrived to the crash site within a few minutes dirt skiing the way down..Once there we found the cache and explored this area.. This site was actually bitter-sweet for me, for I was a wildland firefighter for many years when I was younger and once there I was depressed knowing that there was no recovery attempt for the 3 men that lost their lives in this crash. We ascened up th west side of the crash site up this granite ridge which made it a little easier...We headed down Pleast View Ridge toward Juniper Hills..Approximatetly 1.5 miles(as a crow flies) from our planned LZ we ran out of water..We had to reroute and called Kit fox for a rescue "Thanks Bill for the rescue and water"

Needless to say after about 30 miles of trekking, bad feet, sore muscles, minor cuts and brusies, and running out of water we completed this journey not soon to be forgotten. oh yeah TFTCSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 19 by Desert Pyrates (389 found)

About a month ago I decided to recruit MisterE in accompaning me on a trek to grab this cache. I also managed to convince Kit Fox in going with us, however he had to back out of the 2nd day and was unable to join us as we reached his cache. We had planned a 2 day trip, starting at Cloudburst Summit, dropping down to the trailcamp and nearby Bluebirds and Blue Skies cache. There we followed the PCT toward a A Sweet Oasis cache, then up to Burkhart Saddle, and west to the crashsite, and down Pleasant View Ridge to Juniper HIlls, where we would be picked up the following day. The first part of the hike went well, a nice dowhill trek through some very beautiful country. Kit Fox found 2 rattlesnakes during or trek along Cooper Canyon (I think he pee'd on one) as well as a waterfall along the trail. We hit the creek crossing at A Sweet Oasis (GC1DQ8T) whre we re-filled our water supply and marveled at the trout in the stream, then started up towards GoodyKoontz Peak, however the heat of the day caused us to turn around and rest at the creek. After a quick lunch, we parted company with Kit Fox, again re-filled our water supply and MisterE and I started up towards Burkhart Saddle. Along the trail up to Burkhart Saddle, we found another small creek and again re-filled our water supply (thanks Kit Fox for lending us the purifier). We made it to Burkhart Saddle about 8:00pm (I'm fat and out of shape which slowed us down considerably) and set up camp. Day 2 started at 5:30am when we woke up, had breakfast and broke down camp. I tended to blistered feet and a bad back then we started hiking about 7:00. Although there is a trail that goes around, we headed straight up the ridge to Will Thrall Peak where I took some photos with a few trackables. From there we descended to the trail, and found it sucked, so we headed back up the ridge to Pallet Peak (Pleasant View Peak). From there we headed down the ridge a bit, and due to some thick brush, we side hilled the mountain for a bit before finally getting to the ridge above the crashsite. We stashed our gear and litterally slid down the loose mountainside to the crashsite. It's hard to describe the carnage of the mangled C-130. We quickly found the cache in a pile of ants and prepared to sign the log, which of course, was up in my pack at the top of the mountain. So I took a photo of the log and dropped a pathtag to prove I was there. While MisterE looked around, I just sat amongst the wreakage in amazement, mostly contemplating our trip back up. Although KF had told us about his back door escape route down the canyon, we were unable to utilize it, as all of our gear was back at the top. We found that if you head straight up the spine, there is a bunch of rock outcroppings which made the climb up not as bad as first thought. Finally up on top, we started our trek down the Pleasant View Ridge into Juniper Hills where we were suppose to be picked up. About 1.5 miles (as the crow flies) from the end of our journey, we took a wrong turn and missed the ridge that leads to the finish line. At this point, we were just about out of water, and decided to bust brush across a draw and head down a different ridge to some houses below, hoping we could re-fill there. As we descended the ridge, my camelback went empty. As we got closer, we saw they were abandoned houses, and of course, no water. I made a call to KF, to arrange a new pick up point, and we finished our hike where KF was waiting with a gallon of life saving water. When I got home I counted 9 blisters on my feet, scratches on my arms and a ripped shirt. My wife winced as soon as I got into the house and ordered me to immediately take a shower. All in all, this was probably one of the most gruelling adventures I have attempted, but the smiley face on a true 5 star cache was definately worth it. Thanks for the adventure. Maybe next time I will wait until it's cooler before trying another trip like this.

This is one of the logs for a cache I placed about a year ago....

"This is one of those caches that really just sticks out in your mind. I think it may be one of the best ones I've done in a while. Great hike along the old railroad, that besides the overgrowth, still looked like you could expect a steaming locomotive to come around the corner even today. The trestle was awesome! The area was just really nice. Cache wasn't a hard find. Thanks so much for such an amazing cache!"

It certainly did make my day when that one popped up in my inbox.

SHARE a log or two, or maybe a picture, on one of your caches that really made your day... :D

4ef15c16-6880-48ea-99c3-8b26aa1040e5.jpg

Great thread!!

I have had MANY logs on my one cache hide make my day.

I put out a very easy hide because my city is solid evil micros.

I have gotten MANY logs that say, "first cache ever" from adults, and also "my son's first cache find" and the details of his excitement!!

I am very glad I did not hide one more evil micro in my town.

These are from my cache logs:

"This was our first family geocache and we had a lot of fun! I think my kids are obsessed. Thanks!"

"the area is cool, a child was looking for his first find, it was nice to see the reaction when thet finally find it...*G"

"First timer today, had lots of fun! TFTH"

"The container is getting a bit tight. This is my families first geocache!"

"Great find for my nephew's first time out!"

"Took my buddy on his first hunt...this was his first find and he was bitten."

"Nice find on a morning walk with the dog. Really nicely done cache. Enjoyed the clear hint given the area. "

"Traded bugs... the box is getting pretty full" - this after finding so many caches in other areas that are empty

So glad I did an easy find. It makes me smile to know I've added joy to the world rather than frustration.

Here are a few of the logs on my caches that just made my day when i read them :

"Great caches like this bring an element of adventure to this game that you just can't get with park 'n grabs. Thanks for all the work y'all put into developing this amazing cache."

"This is a most excellent cache. It’s caches like this one that make the game worthwhile and is one of the most rewarding I’ve done. The clue cache was the best I’ve seen. Wonderfully done. Thanks!"

"I want to start by saying that in my first year of caching, i have not done a cache that i enjoyed any more than this one, ... the thought that went into setting this up was tops.. for anyone that considers themselves a cacher and doesnt only go for the park and grabs and numbers, i think this is one you should definately put on your list when your in the area..I know you will enjoy it!!...Lacey and SC...you outdid yourselves on this one...thanks "

" These trails have always been my favorite place in Oxford. I’ve spent a heap of time on these trails but haven’t been on them in awhile. This is an excellent cache, and I highly recommend it to anyone who loves the outdoors. "

"I found this at night during the rain which made it a super fun and challenging find. This was an awsome location. I hade no idea it was even there. Thanks"

"This was one of the best hides I've come across in a while. The architecture of the tunnel is amazing--if you can get to it."

"This was the last one of a small run around oxford. I definately saved the best for last!!! This was one of the most awesome cache locations I have been to yet. I went at night and in the rain so the tunnel had about 5 inches of water flowing through it. As I was wading through the tunnel enjoying the awesome surrounding I looked to the other end of the tunnel I was startled by 3 sets of eye balls glowing and staring right at me. After getting a little closer it turned out to be 3 fox. They stayed and never ran so obviously I was in there watering hole. But Sniperchicken Amazing location, thanks for bringing me here. "

"Wow... I love spots like this. I bet that 99% of the people who walk the trail don't even know this exists. As soon as I stepped more than a foot off the trail, nobody could see me. The cache took a few minutes to locate, but if you pay attention to the description, there aren't really too many places to look. I considered walking through to the other side and climbing up from there, but decided to stick with the path that I already knew."

And of course the logs for GC1KFAD 3 Degrees:BLACKOUT are some of my favorites!

"Without question, this is the best thought-out, challenging, well designed, and physically demanding cache I’ve ever done. I was astounded at the complexity and creativity. My only fear was that one of the clues might not make sense, or that the complex links between stops might not be right. How wrong I was – every stage was intact, every clue decipherable with a little work (or a lot of work in some cases), and no mistakes were made in the design. It’s incredible that someone would go through this much work for the sheer joy of doing it. Hats off to Sniper and Lacey for the best cache I’ve ever completed."

"This cache has been a blast so far yet it has also been a huge physical and mental challenge. there have been many fears to overcome (i.e. spiders, the dark, dying) but we have overcome and we will continue to overcome. All I have to say about the person who placed this cache is, your sick but AWESOME!...Success!!! We finally found the final cache. This cache was challenging in so many different ways. The sad part is it's over and all other caches are gonna seem kinda lame. Well I guess we can always try to set up our own monster cache."

"This hide is most certainly extraordinarily great. I mean, wow what a fantastic hide. It is also friggin' huge. Immense doesn't even begin to describe the ground you have to cover in completing this challenge. Also it deviates far from normal hides. Both in the puzzles and in the physical challenges.

"Last, I don't think I am giving anything away when I say that this cache obviously took a LOT of work, creativity, searching, multiple trips to multiple locations, brass bearings, and a true love (or hate) for their fellow geocachers.

I will not curse the authors of this cache in this log (they got enough of that over the last two days); on the contrary, I will smile and give them a warm hand-shake as I have just experienced a cache that pushed me about as hard as I have ever been pushed for one cache. Others will disagree; some will have an easier time at it than I/we did. .... prepare for hikes, climbs, problem solving, mud, water, critters, holes, extreme temperatures, facing your fears, and views of the city of Oxford like you have NEVER had (or EVER would if not for this cache).

This was an amazing group that, in the truest sense of the word, came together for Teamwork. None of us would have wanted to do this alone or with any less than any three of us, I would imagine. I feel we ALL contributed a vital piece of the over-all puzzle in making this a Find and I am really glad I was there to offer my assistance as I believe it was appreciated and helped get us to where we were going a little faster, just as I feel that way about every other single person there. We all had times to shine and that's what made this cache perfect!

Again, thanks for all the hard work and thought that went into this cache.

TEAM BLACKOUT ***man am i sore!***"

"I've never been happy to see a dense privet thicket on a cache hunt, but that changed when we got to the ammo can here. Wow. I hurt in ways I don't like much, but that was a heck of a cache!"

"The souvenir Scott and Lacey left at the final cache is now one of my most prized possessions – It’s hanging in my room like a Boone and Crockett rack that scored a 200. You’ll have to complete the cache to see what this is.

Thanks again for a great time!"

These are the type of logs that make the efforts of the cache owner worthwhile and make them beam with pride.It feels good!

This really made my day today:

[

fobofobic found A Claustrophobic's Nightmare/Just Say NO to Crack (Traditional Cache) at 2/24/2012

Log Date: 2/24/2012

I've been itching to get back to this cache for months.... Otis Hullabaloo and I started out this morning, deciding to make this find number 500.... and hoping that there wouldn't be too much snow in the area.  It was late morning when we arrived, and I was happy to see that there was only a few patches of snow on the northern sides of the sagebrush.  I had made an attempt  last fall and failed to make the find.  Once we arrived at the entrance, what did we see....snow!!!  The spring-like weather that we have been experiencing this winter had melted the snow up top, but the sun doesn't shine in the crack.  There was a trail of ice to greet us.... Luckily, there are plenty of place to hang on, because I didn't want to break a hip...  At ground zero, I trudge carefully on the snow covered rocks trying not to break my neck or twist an ankle.  It was cold inside, I could see my breath, and although I had brought extra clothing layers, I didn't bring gloves.  The cache was found, despite the snow, and Otis and I danced a jig in celebration.   My fingers were aching; I had trouble getting the cache opened, but eventually was able to sign the log.  I took a few pictures, packed up the camera/phone and gps and slowly made my way out, exploring all of the nooks and crannies along the way.  Took a pathtag, left a geocaching pin and flamingo magnet.

This is what geocaching is all about... at least for me.  It's not about getting the numbers, or filling in your calendar.  What got me hooked in the first place is the joy of discovering new places and doing things that I wouldn't otherwise do.  Last summer I paddled to Paoha to find GCH43B, and I thought that was probably the coolest cache I'd ever experience...  but this one is pretty dang spiffy and my new favorite!  Thanks to Snoogans, for sharing this incredible place!

Oh and this one too:

fobofobic found Plumber's Crack (Traditional Cache) at 2/24/2012

Log Date: 2/24/2012

After finding the first crack, we hiked across the top to find the second crack.  I was in heaven after finding the first cache, and seeing the beautiful views of the Sierras and Mono Lake  just made the day more sweet.  We found the crack easily enough, but didn't approach it from the best direction.  A few scratches later, we were wandering around trying to locate the cache.  Soon, it was in hand and the log was signed.  This was a lovely fissure, but the views on the way over were absolutely breathtaking!  Wow, wow, wow!  Thanks for the wonderful adventure and for making me slow down and enjoy nature!  This was by far the best caching day ever!

]

I enjoyed this one:

Out exploring central park today. I missed this one on my last trip. Decided I would grab it today - especially after hearing there were bathrooms nearby. Took me a few minutes to walk through what I needed to do and locate the cache. This spot must be so beautiful when everything is in bloom. Got to appreciate some of the spring bulbs that were already in bloom though. TFTC!

Bathrooms are very important!

one of mine:

http://coord.info/GC3C9B7

I am SO sorry it is in Danish, but please use a translator and read the logs :-)

all the hardwork really did pay off, people love it..

---

here is just one out of MANY cool logs for this cache, I translated using google

and edited only a few of the worst errors, hope you get the point.

----

When will we learn it, read the description of the log - THIS IS NOT FOR KIDS ...

and we found out it fit very well. Our daughter of course was the first on top

and began to shine around, suttently we heard a scream and she completely broke down,

We comforted her and talked a little about how and how, like a little more so you could see what was what.

Soon after several geocachers more arriving, Alle this new searching on the site made the daughter calmed down

and fell happily into the search lead with the others.

The cache was discovered and signed to the great satisfaction to us all.

Now may we thank of for a really nice walk around the area.

We have learned a lot, been greeted so many people, and set a new personal record 21 caches in one day.

This must of course have a favorite point, but it should have to have the whole series has been fantastic planned.

Edited by OZ2CPU

This is from one of my caches from back in August 2009. It was on my first cache hide which is now archived because an animal kept stealing it and I got tired of replacing it :rolleyes: Even though it is from so long ago, it is still one of my favourites. It makes up for all the "TFTC" only logs.

Headed down after soccer to find this cache and found more than we bargained for! After we parked the car, a bunch of fire trucks came down the road behind us and firemen started climbing out and suiting up with harnesses! It turns out they were doing practice rescues by throwing a dummy off the cliffs and "saving" it! What a thrill for the boys! Their mouths dropped open and they were just amazed! We were pretty impressed with the organization and skill of these men...it's great to know that they are so dedicated and proficient in what they do! Thanks to the Union Station firefighters and all firefighters!

We had a good laugh at the expense of two muggles...they were cooking on a tiny bbq when the firemen came down the path toward them...to say they were shocked is an understatement! They left as quickly as they could!

I snuck off to grab the cache as everyone else was occupied. The cache is pretty wet...tried cleaning it out a little, but ran out of Kleenex! Thanks for bringing us here brendah...what a great experience!

TNLNSL!

**note... I did go that weekend to fix up the wet container issue. :)

I also met the family at an event after that and was honoured to hear the story in person too. I loved it!

I got this just yesterday:

Apparently we did this one "backwards". We came at it from below, and after a futile search almost gave up. Decided to see why there seemed to be people (muggles???) above us, so Mr. Duo climbed up top only to see a parking lot with lots of cars and people, and of all things a FORT. We had no idea, so we just kept looking and the GPSr kept bringing us to one spot, and it also seemed to fit the hint, BUT no cache. Mr. Duo kept using this area as a brace for walking around up there, but not cache. Then Mrs. Duo says "AHA", that was really clever, and nice camo, sure had us fooled for a while. This gets a favorite. TNLNSL, TFTH

Link to Cache

Edited by Davequal

Here is a log that made my week. It made my geocaching career.

We set out yesterday, from Kingston, to go to the zoo. We decided to try this cache and I have such a story to tell. Here I am, traveling alone with 5 children (ages 4, 7, 9, 12, and 15) I told my 12 year old daughter that I thought she might see a raccoon at this place. (this daughter is a special needs child who's one dream is to see a raccoon in real life) Well, here we are in the parking lot and a 'coon comes out to say hello. Then another, and another, and another. It's like the Make a Wish Foundation prepped these little guys!! We fed them crackers and petted them and one even got on my lap. It was amazing! Thank you to the person who posted this cache! My daughter is thrilled to have had this opportunity! It is hard for her having seizures and so many medical problems. For the time we were there she had forgotten her medical problems and was such a normal child. Thank you. She was moved to tears at this place! Ok, then we move on to the cache. I got the info need and just needed to have my son take the picture of me with the cache.. then.. my other daughter fell in the stream. Lost her shoe and we never did get the required picture. We are going back on August 22nd to finish this cache. I just wanted to share this story because finding this place was such a gift to my daughter, Asia. This is a memory she will never forget. I will try to attach some pictures.

NOTE- the owner of this cache kindly asked me to change my log to "FOUND". Thank the many of you who have written emails to me. I will respond to all of you as I can. I am so happy that this story made so many of you happy. You letters have been such a blessing to us. I mentioned to the owner of this cache that in January The Make a Wish Foundation granted one of my daughter's wishes (To go to Disney World) The Make a Wish Foundation was unable to figure out how to make her other wish come true... to see a real raccoon and touch one. Raccoon's are my daughter's most favourite animal. They give her courage and comfort when she has rough medical times. Thank you for allowing me to share this story.

Here is a log that made my week. It made my geocaching career.

We set out yesterday, from Kingston, to go to the zoo. We decided to try this cache and I have such a story to tell. Here I am, traveling alone with 5 children (ages 4, 7, 9, 12, and 15) I told my 12 year old daughter that I thought she might see a raccoon at this place. (this daughter is a special needs child who's one dream is to see a raccoon in real life) Well, here we are in the parking lot and a 'coon comes out to say hello. Then another, and another, and another. It's like the Make a Wish Foundation prepped these little guys!! We fed them crackers and petted them and one even got on my lap. It was amazing! Thank you to the person who posted this cache! My daughter is thrilled to have had this opportunity! It is hard for her having seizures and so many medical problems. For the time we were there she had forgotten her medical problems and was such a normal child. Thank you. She was moved to tears at this place! Ok, then we move on to the cache. I got the info need and just needed to have my son take the picture of me with the cache.. then.. my other daughter fell in the stream. Lost her shoe and we never did get the required picture. We are going back on August 22nd to finish this cache. I just wanted to share this story because finding this place was such a gift to my daughter, Asia. This is a memory she will never forget. I will try to attach some pictures.

NOTE- the owner of this cache kindly asked me to change my log to "FOUND". Thank the many of you who have written emails to me. I will respond to all of you as I can. I am so happy that this story made so many of you happy. You letters have been such a blessing to us. I mentioned to the owner of this cache that in January The Make a Wish Foundation granted one of my daughter's wishes (To go to Disney World) The Make a Wish Foundation was unable to figure out how to make her other wish come true... to see a real raccoon and touch one. Raccoon's are my daughter's most favourite animal. They give her courage and comfort when she has rough medical times. Thank you for allowing me to share this story.

WOW. Cool story.

Ummm, really bad idea to feed or pet wild coons much less let a kid do it in general, but in this case if the roles were reversed, I don't see how I could rain on that moment with a safety concern though I would be ready to boot the coon that bit my kid or showed signs of agression.

I had a pretty close call with a mob of coons on the one physical I did in Vancouver, BC. They can be nasty little critters when they are hungry.

That issue was discussed extensively in the Canada forum when the log was posted.

Rabies was eradicated in the raccoon population in Ontario many years ago. And these raccoons are very people savvy. That parking lot sees a lot of visitors. They know better than to bite the hand that feeds them.

But point taken.

This log on my cache Wellies Required made my day; it almost made me fall off my chair laughing, especially the pictures:

"Oh Yes!! When I seen that this had been published and the adventure that the first people had had, I just new this had to be my 2,800th find. marmal paired up with me today and we went out to find 8 caches before coming here.

Now it says Wellies Required, trust me if you have waders wear them. It's not that the water will come over your wellies, it just means you can kneel and take the strain off your back. Not that I needed that today, not with my current situation (see pictures) Which brings me onto the terrain rating, 4 stars!! Most definitely 1 star, I managed it (see pictures)

Like others we went a bit to far in, not only did we find the dead rabbit but we also came across its dead foetus . I'm sure they will get washed away after the first good rainfall. Now the spiders, well watch out for they are there!!

Now it wasn't a case of bottling out walking to the end, more a case that when you're not far off 6 foot tall in a 3 1/2 tunnel it's a long walk! But we did agree that it would be great going through on an inflatable dinghy.

A great cache that is well worth doing for a landmark and worth giving a favourite point to."

Just a wee note to say Haggis Hunter does not normally need a wheelchair. It just so happens one had been dumped near the cache and he made good use of it.

That issue was discussed extensively in the Canada forum when the log was posted.

Rabies was eradicated in the raccoon population in Ontario many years ago. And these raccoons are very people savvy. That parking lot sees a lot of visitors. They know better than to bite the hand that feeds them.

But point taken.

I get it. I stepped on a stingray getting off the boat at Stingray City in Grand Caymen. It did not follow its natural instinct. Those rays have been getting fed in that spot for about 25 years now. I was there not too many months after Steve Irwin took a barb to the heart and went Crikey I'm Deed.

I had to laugh when I saw which cache Snoogans was referring to, as I had the honor of getting the FTF on this cache, and it has always been one of my favorites. I also recognized the location of the photo in the original post. It's awful hard to beat the Eastern Sierras for scenery. I'm lucky to have had the pleasure of living there full time (part time now) and meeting Snoogans at a very small event he sponsored years ago. Thanks for the memories.