What's Fair

There's a local cacher who has over 1000 finds, but he has only placed 3 caches.

To me that looks like take take take, and contribute little.

Once a person has 100 or 200 finds should they be placing a reasonable number of new caches for others?

What would be a reasonable percentage? :rolleyes:

Going back to the original topic.

What's Fair?

Now one wonders if there is an answer to the question of "What's Fair?".

What is the definition of "FAIR"?

Fair is not adding any unneccesary new rules and regulations! I don't see why people "have" to place a cache at all...there are plenty of others out there (at least in my area) that are placing caches and therefore no shortage in sight...especially when I read about cache saturation...

Edited after reading through: I for one could not maintain too many caches...I am a full time student, work nearly full time, also am in the Guard, and play hockey...I can't neglect these just because someone tells me I have to place a cache...unless you want to pay me to place the cache and take the time off of studies and work to maintain it... :rolleyes:

Edited by ohgrl

And what about the 3+/3+ caches, do you have to find one of that nature for every so many lesser caches you find. Or, one virtual cache for every 50 reg. caches:5 earthcaches:1 hide: 10 letterboxes: etc.

Yeah, I kinda like that ratio thing...quick, somebody get an attorney...uh, a TEAM. A legal team!

Look, it isn't about what the next person is doing, has done, will not do, blah blah blah. I have done nothing, except get a bunch of waypoints together, and get ready to hide 2 caches. Both caches will be VERY hard to get to. Few people will be able to GET to them. Thats all I am going to do. So what. It is about what YOU get out of it. Not "even stephens". So go out, have fun, find what you can, hide what you can, and don't worry about the next guy. Life will take care of itself. B):rolleyes::anibad:

There's a local cacher who has over 1000 finds, but he has only placed 3 caches.

To me that looks like take take take, and contribute little.

Once a person has 100 or 200 finds should they be placing a reasonable number of new caches for others?

What would be a reasonable percentage? :rolleyes:

NO THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY MORE GUIDELINES< SHEEEEEEEEE

we have someone like that here too with over 1000 finds and NO hides but you can not make people hide a cache any more then you can well I dkont know but it is well........

cheers

What's fair? Depends.

A FAIR ball is a batted ball that settles on fair ground between home and first base, or between home and third base, or that is on or over fair territory when bounding to the outfield past first or third base, or that touches first, second or third base, or that first falls on fair territory on or beyond first base or third base, or that, while on or over fair territory touches the person of an umpire or player, or that, while over fair territory, passes out of the playing field in flight. A fair fly shall be judged according to the relative position of the ball and the foul line, including the foul pole, and not as to whether the fielder is on fair or foul territory at the time he touches the ball. If a fly ball lands in the infield between home and first base, or home and third base, and then bounces to foul territory without touching a player or umpire and before passing first or third base, it is a foul ball; or if the ball settles on foul territory or is touched by a player on foul territory, it is a foul ball. If a fly ball lands on or beyond first or third base and then bounces to foul territory, it is a fair hit. Clubs, increasingly, are erecting tall foul poles at the fence line with a wire netting extending along the side of the pole on fair territory above the fence to enable the umpires more accurately to judge fair and foul balls.

What's fair? Depends.

A FAIR ball is a batted ball that settles on fair ground between home and first base, or between home and third base, or that is on or over fair territory when bounding to the outfield past first or third base, or that touches first, second or third base, or that first falls on fair territory on or beyond first base or third base, or that, while on or over fair territory touches the person of an umpire or player, or that, while over fair territory, passes out of the playing field in flight. A fair fly shall be judged according to the relative position of the ball and the foul line, including the foul pole, and not as to whether the fielder is on fair or foul territory at the time he touches the ball. If a fly ball lands in the infield between home and first base, or home and third base, and then bounces to foul territory without touching a player or umpire and before passing first or third base, it is a foul ball; or if the ball settles on foul territory or is touched by a player on foul territory, it is a foul ball. If a fly ball lands on or beyond first or third base and then bounces to foul territory, it is a fair hit. Clubs, increasingly, are erecting tall foul poles at the fence line with a wire netting extending along the side of the pole on fair territory above the fence to enable the umpires more accurately to judge fair and foul balls.

Exactly.

Everybody needs to relax. There is about as much chance of a new rule or guideline being developed as there is of the earth plunging into the sun. It is not going to happen.

You're right. But one day, far in the future, the earth will be swallowed up as the sun rapidly expands.

Humanity will be enslaved by aliens long before that happens.

Everybody needs to relax. There is about as much chance of a new rule or guideline being developed as there is of the earth plunging into the sun. It is not going to happen.

You're right. But one day, far in the future, the earth will be swallowed up as the sun rapidly expands.

Humanity will be enslaved by aliens long before that happens.

You shouldn't be giving away Jeremy's secrets. :rolleyes::D:D