Garmin 60 - Best Case?

I bought my Garmin 60cs last October, I think. Geocaching in TN can be rough on a GPS so I did a lot of research of a case for my investment. And there was only one that could be left on while useing. It is a sharkskin(neopreme) from the GPSstore.com. Its ok, but it is very hard to peel off ever time you need to change the batteries or upload caches.

Just now I did a search on Google and found there are several out there that look very promising.

:D My question is - Does anyone have a favorite case? - OR - What are the pros and cons to the case you may have for the Garmin 60?

Edited by Panda Fan

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but could the best case be no case? I've only had my 60C for a couple months, but all I did was put a screen protector on it. I'll probably replace it every few months, but so far the only thing that shows any wear is the protector itself. I've dropped the unit a few times, but everything (except the screen) is so durable it hasn't shown any damage. I use it almost every day, and I think I would be very frustrated if I had to pull it out of a case everytime I wanted to use it in my car / change batteries / hook it to the PC / etc.

I think if I did have a case, I would have ended up with a scratch on the screen if I was relying only on the case for protection, because I have dropped it in my car on several occasions when hooking it up for car use. If I had it in a case it would have been out at this time, and the screen would have been scratched. I guess you could put a screen protector on it, and a case, but so far I've never did anything to it where I wished I had a case.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=93034

I use this case: Garmin Case - 010-10578-00.

Works great for me. Have to take it off to get to the back but fits the GPS perfect as its from Garmin. It does slide off fairly easy though.

I read somewhere that in this model you have to remove it from the case to use the buttons. I that true?

No it works great right through it.

also check out this thread and about 1/2 way down are front and back pixs of the case I have.link on the top.

Edited by Buddaman
http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=93034
I use this case: Garmin Case - 010-10578-00.

Works great for me. Have to take it off to get to the back but fits the GPS perfect as its from Garmin. It does slide off fairly easy though.

I read somewhere that in this model you have to remove it from the case to use the buttons. I that true?

No it works great right through it.

also check out this thread and about 1/2 way down are front and back pixs of the case I have.link on the top.

I have this one. I didn't like using the buttons through the plastic, so I cut out a hole for them. I'd say its probably the best of the cases I've seen for the 60 series.

I've been using THIS CASE. It has a hole cut out for the rocker pad while all the other buttons remain under the plastic. I've been happy with it. It takes a LITTLE bit of effort to remove it the unit from the case - nothing hard or frustrating. For hooking up up/downloads to the computer, I just peel it back like a banana. :blink:

I've been using THIS CASE. It has a hole cut out for the rocker pad while all the other buttons remain under the plastic. I've been happy with it. It takes a LITTLE bit of effort to remove it the unit from the case - nothing hard or frustrating. For hooking up up/downloads to the computer, I just peel it back like a banana. :blink:

The Gillson case is great -

run your finger under the plastic to free it from it's 'seal' to the screen and slide it out.

you can attache the extrenal antenna w/o removing the case.

hase saved mine several times - makes carying easy - I use the wrist strap but there is a velcro loop and a swivel clilp also.