Looking For A Cache In Manhattan

drewthat

Hi guys, I will be in Manhattan at the end of August. Could some one please recommend a cache in Manhattan? Preferably something that could be walked to. I joined the site recently and it's kind of hard for me to find a suitable cache to search for. I can find the chaches in NY but can't seem to be able to narrow things down to a spcific area.

i point's revenge is really great. Although we were never able to finish it due to lack of "equiptment" it was the most interesting cache we found on the island of manhattan. There are a bunch of challenging caches in nearby parks. This one is located up around the George Washington Bridge (around 190th st) in Fort Washington Park off of the Henry Hudson Parkway on the West side. Its challenging and best of all creepy. You will definately need another person along to help you with this one. Edited by White Whiskey
Hi guys, I will be in Manhattan at the end of August. Could some one please recommend a cache in Manhattan? Preferably something that could be walked to. I joined the site recently and it's kind of hard for me to find a suitable cache to search for. I can find the chaches in NY but can't seem to be able to narrow things down to a spcific area.

This seemed like an appropriate place to post this:

On Saturday August 20th from 2:00pm until 5:00pm come into Central Park for the "1st Annual Manhattan Proto-Picnic" event.

It's Waypoint GCPZMA and all are welcome!

And once you are looking at the event page on the site, click the "Find Nearby Caches" link and you'll have a list of nearly a dozen caches right in Central Park!

--Marc

August 1, 2005 @ 10:11 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

We, too will be in the City- leaving tomorrow---any other hard/evil type caches people would say we NEED to do while we are visiting....we will be in Manhattan but staying in Brooklyn, for about 5 days....

We are sad we wont be able to make it to the picnic- we always love it when out of towners come visit us here in the NW.

Five Star New York (Waypoint GCHTK1) is a puzzle cache - it might be too much for one day, but if you're here for longer you might be able to get the details you need while here, then deal with the rest of the puzzle later. The cache owner has some additional hints via email if you want.

Also, many people simply start at one end of Central Park and gather up all the caches in one afternoon. They're all close enough together to do at least 5 or more - I'm on the watchlists and I often see someone logging a run of them at one time.

If you go to the listing for my Lakeside View cache (Waypoint GCM90X) you can use the "Find other nearby caches" link to get the other close ones. You can walk to them all.

--Marc

August 3, 2005 @ 2:29 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'