Geocaching On Vacation ,forgot How Togsat & Pq?

1ST, thanks to all!

About to go on vacation to South Texas & South Padre Island?I will "PQ" the two areas that I will be in and transfer that info to GSat -to PDA & GPS. Now what I don't know how to do is the following:

I have all my home caches on Gsat & GPS,I would not want to lose this info and yet I would like to add/or replace that with the "vacation info"!!!!!

I Have a Garmin Legend . How do I do the above???

Thanks to all!

raven912

Hook your Legend up to MapSource and download your waypoints. Save the MapSource file with something like "Home caches." Delete all the caches from the Legend and load your SPI caches. When you get home, download your waypoints to Mapsource as before, saving the file with somthing like "SPI caches" (just for posterity). Delete the caches from the Legend. Then open the Home Caches file in MapSouce. Upload the waypoints to the Legend and you are back in business.

You'll love South Padre Island. Be sure to hit Schlitterbahn and get a burger at Blackbeards. Also, to find the best shells, drive as far north as you can until the pavement ends. Then walk to the beach on the gulf side from there (unless you have a 4x4).

Edited by Sputnik 57
Sir,when u say "mapsource" do u mean "MetroGuide N. America v6"(this for Etrax legend)? At the present my legend gps only contains the basic program!!! Do need to get MetroGuide?

Raven912

MapSource is the base program (basic program). MetroGuide is a set of maps that you can add to MapSource in order to get more detailed maps then your base map. So no you do not need MetroGuide to do what Sputnik 57 is suggesting.

I would create a new database in GSAK. Then you don't have to lose the data you have (which includes the past logs.)

I created a new database for a recent trip I took from Reno back to San Diego. It has 448 caches in it. My present "Default" database has about 600 caches in it, and I have three or four other databases for specific cache-searching areas.