Possible Event Cache In East Midlands

Hi all, I'm really just gauging interest in the possiblity of an event in the east Midlands area early september time.

If you think you might want to come, leave a note here and I'll do the rest.

The other thing is, if I do it, it will be my first event cache set up. Does anyone have a link to the webpage that has the guidelines for this specific type of cache?

I've looked around the site and can't find it although I'm sure I did stumble onto it once (kind of like the ark of the covenant, but then I gave it to a bloke in a hat with a whip, he said he'd take care of it apparently they made a movie about it and left me out of the final edit. But I digress)

Also, if any of you wise and knowledgable cachers out there have done it before, what tips would you give to the smooth running of the event?

Cheers all.

Mark S.

Team Nottrikk

I quick pedantic note - you are allowed to have event caches on the same day as another one. There is nothing in the rules to prevent it. Okay, I suspect what markandlynn were trying to suggest is that as the other event is close by, it's probably a good idea to avoid the same date, so cachers don't have to make tough choices (or do a Pyoung1s and try to attend all the events on the same day, round the country!). Cache events which are not in close geographical proximity to each other, such as SP's recent masochism event and the Essex event, are fine to run on the same date.

not a problem, I hadn't seen that one, so will avoid that weekend, probably (obviously, depending on the pub saying yes) be on Sunday the 18th

I don't think that clashes with anything.

By the way, thanks for the link re: guidelines

for some reason, I was under the impression that a physical cache needed to be placed near the venue, but it doesn't mention that in the guidelines. I was however planning to place a couple of caches a little cloer to the date in the area.

Edited by Nottrikk
Alibags is right  :D  sorry  ;)

Oh dear, and now I feel guilty :blink:

I was just trying to avoid misinformation and not having a go at markandlynn, promise. I will have to go and punish myself by going off to do the ridgeway caches on foot all in one day... ;)

Don't worry you were right my tone was a bit "off"

Now go and do 5 caches as punishment :D

I'm based just a few miles off J. 22 on the M1 near coalville, for those that are a little further afield near loughborough.

For those in the know, it's very near the "grand old duke of york" cache In fact, I can see it from my bedroom window (the crag that is, not the cache itself :blink:)

I was planning on a kid friendly pub, in fact there is quite a nice one just up from my house that has a lovely beer garden if it's nice and a function room (if I can get it for free) if not.

I was thinking about a timed cache hunt for a couple that are in the area or some that I will place for the event with prizes, raffle for geocaching goodies (with profits going to charity), obviously TB and tall tale swapping and food. Planning for afternoon into the evening, but that is all open to negotiation with interested parties.

Edited by Nottrikk

I know a good venue near J22 on the M1 [near Leicester], and its also served by public transport [how I get about]

Nice and central, and easier to get to via the Leicester bus/train station than Loughborough.

But wherever you plan it to happen, I would be interested :blink:

PM me anytime if you are interested in another venue ;)

I know a good venue near J22 on the M1 [near Leicester], and its also served by public transport [how I get about]

Nice and central, and easier to get to via the Leicester bus/train station than Loughborough.

*waves*

Stu and I are in Loughborough so we'd be interested if you organise a meet. :D

Sarah

--

The Drum Major?!!!  We will see about that next time I get you in the ranks!!!  :D

:D  :D  :D

:D oooooh, fighting talk!

Lets check my commission *rustling noise of paper*...yep, here we go...'of Crawfords Brigade', and I've been asked for Pointz Brigade... Ha! I outrank you :D:lol::lol::P

*cough* And now, back to normal programming...

I might be available for help in setting up if you need an extra pair of hands. Just PM me and let me know ;)

Actually <checks my commissions PLURAL> I find I am the drum major for the entire R.A., so nyeh to you!! :D

Tsk, you just can't get the minions these days! :D

Actually to drag this back on topic, it was one of my re-enacting friends who got me into geocaching, and I in turn introduced "The drum major" (harumph!) and mainly I am very please that she has taken to it like a duck to water <pride>.

I would be very interested in coming to a midlands cache event, so GO FOT IT I say. When I organised my one and only event to date I did no end of worrying, but I have concluded that if you advertise it far enough in advance so people can plan to be there, have a half way decent pub near some caches, then people will come.

Apologies if this doesn'r make much sense, but being Friday night I have 'done a Pharisee' and may have partaken of alcoholic intoxicants... possibly!

:D

Hi, we're also in Loughborough (hi Stu & Sarah!) and would be interested in attending, except we have visitors on the 19th... but if everyone is still around in the evening we'd be able to pop along. If it's near the Grand Old Duke of York we may have to "march to the top of the hill" and re-attempt it as we DNF it first time!

Hiya troops, just a quick note to say that I'm going to have to change the cache description. I only just realised that this particular Sunday, I've gone and double booked myself. I have commitments in the evening. So I won't be around after 6pm.

People are welcome hang around and chill into the evening, but I will be off in Nottingham enjoying the Rock and Bluegrass stylings of Hayseed Dixie at Rock City.

Sorry for the change so late in the day. If anyone wants to act as deputy when I have to go please e-mail me or leave a message here to let me know you are interested, I would be eternally grateful.

Cheers

Mark S.

Team Nottrikk

Edited by Nottrikk