Look Whats On Ebay....

Ladycacher

How do make a Bigdawg Happy, You give him a nice shiny Geobone-Thats how!

You make him Real happy with a extra gold one too.

Thanks Lemon fresh Dog , got home to find my new geobones from the ebay charity listing in the mailbox.

Coins look great, dont have to worry about me selling these puppies on e-bay! :P

You know, when I have won a few charity auctions I have recieved a lot more than I expected as well! Ya gotta love the kindness of these folks :rolleyes:<_<

Boys!  :ph34r:

<_<

It looks like a girl has gotten into the mix. Anybody here go by the ebay moniker of abbywolfe? :ph34r:

Not to start a controversy, but in checking the bidding history on that userID, I find it odd that they have not won an item since February and have not even placed a bid on an item in the last 60 days. But since it's not my auction listing, this is as far as I would investigate.

<_<

It looks like a girl has gotten into the mix. Anybody here go by the ebay moniker of abbywolfe? :ph34r:

Not to start a controversy, but in checking the bidding history on that userID, I find it odd that they have not won an item since February and have not even placed a bid on an item in the last 60 days. But since it's not my auction listing, this is as far as I would investigate.

After doing a little research (very little as it turned out) I know who it is. I am certain that she is making a legitimate bid. I have absolutely no concerns over abbywolfe.

edit: You would all recognize the geo-handle if it were revealed, and would understand why I know she is legit.

Edited by pdxmarathonman

<_<

Well, gee, AtlantaGal, I haven't won an item since February because I haven't bid on one since then. I don't do a lot of business on eBay, but last time I checked, anybody was allowed to participate in auctions there, not just frequent flyers. I don't know why that would be considered "odd" or reason for negative speculation. :lol:

However, I heard that some geocoins were being auctioned for charity and thought I'd check it out. I'm a supporter of Habitat for Humanity, and thought this would be a good opportunity to do more.....or at least ensure pdxmarathonman does. :D (Thanks, pdx, for the kind words!)

Edited: cos I can't spell write at werk. :)

Edited by hydnsek

<_<

It looks like a girl has gotten into the mix. Anybody here go by the ebay moniker of abbywolfe? :D

Well, gee, AtlantaGal, I haven't won an item since February because I haven't bid on one since then. I don't do a lot of business on eBay, but last time I checked, anybody was allowed to participate in auctions there, not just frequent flyers. I don't know why that would be considered "odd" or reason for negative speculation. :ph34r:

However, I heard that some geocoins were being auctioned for charity and thought I'd go check it out. I've already given hugely to hurrican relief efforts, and am a support of Habitat for Humanity, and thought this would be a good opportunity to do more.....or at least ensure pdxmarathonman does. :D

Girls! :lol:

(sorry I couldn't resist)

I think I have done enough. Stop bidding already :)

Edited by pdxmarathonman
Well, gee, AtlantaGal, I haven't won an item since February because I haven't bid on one since then. I don't do a lot of business on eBay, but last time I checked, anybody was allowed to participate in auctions there, not just frequent flyers. I don't know why that would be considered "odd" or reason for negative speculation. <_<

For exactly the opposite reason as this, I would find it odd. To clarify, I do actively participate on eBay and have seen it all. There are people out there that literally look at either high priced items or items closing soon and bid for no reason other than to bid. Glad you're a legitimate person with a bid and sorry you can't understand my original concern.

AtlantaGal's reaction of researching a bidder on a high $$$ auction, is absolutely normal.... I used to sell alot of items on eBay, and whenever I had a high $$$ item, I always took the time to do a little research when a bidder I was not familiar with was bidding large amounts of money.....

Sometimes there was a problem, most times there was not, but I always felt better about the auction if I had put the extra effort into it to know what was going on....

For exactly the opposite reason as this, I would find it odd. To clarify, I do actively participate on eBay and have seen it all. There are people out there that literally look at either high priced items or items closing soon and bid for no reason other than to bid. Glad you're a legitimate person with a bid and sorry you can't understand my original concern.

I see your concern, but that would never occur to me. I only go on eBay when I'm looking to buy something I can't find easily elsewhere, and I bid to win. Just ask pdxmarathonman, I think he got a little sticker shock an hour ago. <_<

AtlantaGal's reaction of researching a bidder on a high $$$ auction, is absolutely normal.... I used to sell alot of items on eBay, and whenever I had a high $$$ item, I always took the time to do a little research when a bidder I was not familiar with was bidding large amounts of money.....

Sometimes there was a problem, most times there was not, but I always felt better about the auction if I had put the extra effort into it to know what was going on....

Makes sense, no worries. I was just a bit taken aback by the public questioning of my credentials.

But hey, now we all know that abbywolfe = hydnsek, so I'm fully exposed and hopefully all concerns allayed. Guess I'm not a very secretive person, or I'd have come up with a less obvious eBay handle.

Still wondering what pdx's upper bid limit is, tho. I thought surely I'd top it....

$505, eh?

Anybody what to speculate now on what a V1 Moun10Bike would go for? (not that I'm selling mine).

It's been discussed in the past that it would go for $500 or so. I think we all agree that a charity auction raises prices that people will pay (because of the good cause), but anybody want to guess on what a non-charity acution fora V1 would pull?

Personally, I still think $400 - $500.

Actually, I talked with someone that was going to list their Version 1 on ebay.

Since Moun10Bike is technically the owner of all of the coins, they asked him if they could auction it off for a good cause. (Not Katrina relief, but a good cause none-the -less.)

He told them he would not allow an auction for anything other than something that would benefit geocaching, no matter how good the cause was.

(This is third party hear-say, so please don't quote me on this, but I believe it is a pretty accurate account.)

So, since he is the registered owner of all of his version 1 and 2 coins, I would assume he would have the authority to have any auctions pulled off the ebay site that were listed.

$505, eh?

Anybody what to speculate now on what a V1 Moun10Bike would go for? (not that I'm selling mine).

It's been discussed in the past that it would go for $500 or so. I think we all agree that a charity auction raises prices that people will pay (because of the good cause), but anybody want to guess on what a non-charity acution fora V1 would pull?

Personally, I still think $400 - $500.

There are geocoins that are fewer in numbers and harder to get compared to one of those. On a different subject, If you want a V2 coin all you gotta do is follow his cache finds for the weekend. The coin hides are very predictable. They are mostly hidden in the mountains with beautiful views or in caches that are physically hard get to. But if you are in halfway decent shape and really want a coin bad enough you can simply walk to a coin hide and have your own coin without bidding on ebay. Why pay a 1000 dollars when you can buy a plane ticket and be armed with some geo research and find a coin for free... Just pointing out a fact for anyone wanting a coin bad enough.

Actually, I talked with someone that was going to list their Version 1 on ebay.

Since Moun10Bike is technically the owner of all of the coins, they asked him if they could auction it off for a good cause. (Not Katrina relief, but a good cause none-the -less.)

He told them he would not allow an auction for anything other than something that would benefit geocaching, no matter how good the cause was.

(This is third party hear-say, so please don't quote me on this, but I believe it is a pretty accurate account.)

So, since he is the registered owner of all of his version 1 and 2 coins, I would assume he would have the authority to have any auctions pulled off the ebay site that were listed.

I am a little curious about this 'ownership' deal. How can one say that he owns a coin when he traded it for another coin? I am not knocking how Moun10Bike does his coins, but just looking into the reason why. If I trade him one of my coins for one of his (which is in the works, by the way), shouldn't both coins be unactivated? Or if he does activate his coin before sending, should I activate mine before as well? I mean let's say that I show uo to an event and see one of my coins being shown by another cacher who I traded with. I can't simply walk up and declare that he hand over 'My Coin' because I own it. Once the trade deal is done, it's done. I do not want to see my coin on ebay any more than the next person, but if someone I traded with decides to sell it on ebay, there's not much I can do to stop it.

Yes, I could have asked Moun10Bike directly, but I believe the answer to the above would benefit a few people's interest.

I am a little curious about this 'ownership' deal. How can one say that he owns a coin when he traded it for another coin? I am not knocking how Moun10Bike does his coins, but just looking into the reason why. If I trade him one of my coins for one of his (which is in the works, by the way), shouldn't both coins be unactivated? Or if he does activate his coin before sending, should I activate mine before as well? I mean let's say that I show uo to an event and see one of my coins being shown by another cacher who I traded with. I can't simply walk up and declare that he hand over 'My Coin' because I own it. Once the trade deal is done, it's done. I do not want to see my coin on ebay any more than the next person, but if someone I traded with decides to sell it on ebay, there's not much I can do to stop it.

Yes, I could have asked Moun10Bike directly, but I believe the answer to the above would benefit a few people's interest.

I do see your point as far as the version 2 coins go. On that issue, I agree, a trade is a trade.

However, I can't be 100% certain on this, but I believe most, if not all of the version 1 coins were released into the wild, and inteded as travel bugs. It wasn't until later that he added the line about it being ok to keep them as part of a personal collection. In that instance, I think he would retain ownership just like a regular travel bug.

I'm not saying this is write or wrong, I am just throwing this out for arguments sake.

C4

I think that my stance on this subject has been unintentionally misrepresented. As far as I am concerned, once a coin leaves my hand it is the finder's right to do with it what they will. (There have been some isolated instances of abuse in which I have changed my behavior with regard to this, but I won't get into that.)

The auction issue was one where I was contacted and asked if I would *publicly support* an auction using one of my coins. That was something that I said I would not do because of the potential can of worms involved - I would have no control over what charity was selected and didn't want people coming to me with requests for charities that I may not support.

In any case, if someone has one of my coins and wants to auction it off on eBay, that is their choice. I simply won't be publicly approving or disapproving of it.

On another note, yes, I activate all of my coins before releasing them. That is what I have done since day one and what I will continue to do.

I think that my stance on this subject has been unintentionally misrepresented. As far as I am concerned, once a coin leaves my hand it is the finder's right to do with it what they will. (There have been some isolated instances of abuse in which I have changed my behavior with regard to this, but I won't get into that.)

The auction issue was one where I was contacted and asked if I would *publicly support* an auction using one of my coins. That was something that I said I would not do because of the potential can of worms involved - I would have no control over what charity was selected and didn't want people coming to me with requests for charities that I may not support.

In any case, if someone has one of my coins and wants to auction it off on eBay, that is their choice. I simply won't be publicly approving or disapproving of it.

On another note, yes, I activate all of my coins before releasing them. That is what I have done since day one and what I will continue to do.

:rolleyes:

(There have been some isolated instances of abuse in which I have changed my behavior with regard to this, but I won't get into that.)

*snicker*

Must have something to do with that RED text :ph34r::rolleyes:

On another note, yes, I activate all of my coins before releasing them.  That is what I have done since day one and what I will continue to do.

So your version 3 coins will all be activated by you before you send them out in trade? You must get a TON of email :(

I stand corrected! :rolleyes:

Any misrepresentation on my part was completely unintentional.

Please accept my apologies.

C4

No worries!  I just wanted to clarify so people knew where I stand.

I think your stance makes excellent sense, Jon, so glad you clarified.

Now that we know, it will be interesting to see if any MTB v.1 (or 2) get auctioned. Just to end that speculation on the price point.... :rolleyes:

Edited: cos I still can't spell at werk. :ph34r:

Edited by hydnsek
I stand corrected!  :rolleyes:

Any misrepresentation on my part was completely unintentional.

Please accept my apologies.

C4

No worries! I just wanted to clarify so people knew where I stand.

Thank you for the response. This helps clear things up a bit. Now, hmmm, should I send you an activated coin or not?? :ph34r:evillaugh.gif

QUOTE (AtlantaGal @ Oct 11 2005, 01:28 PM)

QUOTE (Cav Scout @ Oct 11 2005, 01:24 PM)

QUOTE (AtlantaGal @ Oct 11 2005, 12:10 PM)

*snicker* 

Must have something to do with that RED text 

Don't get your head stuck in there to far... 

remember the dead horse?

Hmmm...

I seem to be missing something here...

I thought AG's comment about the "Red Text" had to do with a post I made earlier. I may be misreading things here, but some of the comments are getting a little personal.

I don't remember the horse...and maybe that's just as well... :rolleyes:

Let's keep things friendly here. Even though we haven't met in person, I consider most of the people here my friends, and I am quick to jump to their defense...

Let's get back on topic.

C4

I thought AG's comment about the "Red Text" had to do with a post I made earlier.

No, I was referring to red text on jon's coin pages.

I may be misreading things here, but some of the comments are getting a little personal.

I'll say.

Me either.

I thought AG's comment about the "Red Text" had to do with a post I made earlier.

No, I was referring to red text on jon's coin pages.

I may be misreading things here, but some of the comments are getting a little personal.

I'll say.

Me either.

Well, I know about the dead horse but not about the red text. :ph34r: I just looked at my MTB v1 coin page and there's no red text. Must post-date my acquisition.

Well, I know about the dead horse but not about the red text. :rolleyes: I just looked at my MTB v1 coin page and there's no red text. Must post-date my acquisition.

I've just been adding it as coin logs come through. It is a request that people do not log them without seeing them. With the recent boom in coin popularity, the number of false logs on them has skyrocketed.

Good its your coin, you should activate them, people act like your coins is a USA Geocoin or the another coin they own themselves.

So your version 3 coins will all be activated by you before you send them out in trade?  You must get a TON of email  :mad:

I do, but I love seeing where they are all going (I track them even though I don't always update the maps frequently)!

I hope you'll activate your version 3 coins to your own account. Seeing someone else with that icon on their "owned" list would just be waaay too strange. :mad:

Edited by Vargseld? ™