Look Whats On Ebay....

Ladycacher

Why is Moun10Bike bidding on his own coin???

I have told everyone that has contacted me about selling my coins that, while I don't endorse auctioning them off, it is not my decision to make. I don't feel like I can say no, but I do feel that by bidding on and possibly winning this coin back I can perhaps "save it". I know, that sounds pretty lame, but for some reason it seems cathartic to me.

Don't take this to mean that I am angered at Chris's decision to auction off the coin; he was very conscientious and contacted me well beforehand to explain his intentions. He gave me the opportunity to say no, and I declined.

Why is Moun10Bike bidding on his own coin???

I have told everyone that has contacted me about selling my coins that, while I don't endorse auctioning them off, it is not my decision to make. I don't feel like I can say no, but I do feel that by bidding on and possibly winning this coin back I can perhaps "save it". I know, that sounds pretty lame, but for some reason it seems cathartic to me.

Don't take this to mean that I am angered at Chris's decision to auction off the coin; he was very conscientious and contacted me well beforehand to explain his intentions. He gave me the opportunity to say no, and I declined.

That doesn't sound lame at all... As a matter of fact, I did exactly the same for the activated f0t0m0m coin (on a much smaller scale) that was just sold. I bought it back, had it trasferred to my name, and I'm placing it in a cache.

Here's another Ebay geocoin.

North Dakota Winter

Is anyone collecting these "Ebay only" coins? I passed on the Hawaii and I'm going to pass on this one too.

I passed on Hawaii, and apparently I've passed on ND Winter. It's all I can do to keep up with the non eBay ones. I will happily trade 1 for 1 for them since they aren't worth any more than any other coin at this point. Any coin that I can’t trade for though I would buy off eBay if it was available…Just not on an initial run.

Okay, that's really aggravating!  :lol:  You mean he gets away with no consequences?  I think eBay should at a minimum ban that user!

Fatboy586 ruined the "sportsmanship" aspect of eBay, if there was such a thing. However, it's nice to see you be the highest bidder so far, contributing to a good cause with your own Geocoin. :drama:

I agree with the sentiment in the 1/2 dozen or so previous posts. But don't let that stop you from adding an Antique Gold version of my personal coin to your collection :lol:

The only commerce is to benefit a worthwhile charity that has helped out on all 3 of the most recent natural disasters and is still helping the victims of the Pakistan earthquake.

Rare - Antique Gold pdxmarathonman geocoin is up for auction. All proceeds benefit Northwest Medical Teams International

I agree with the sentiment in the 1/2 dozen or so previous posts. But don't let that stop you from adding an Antique Gold version of my personal coin to your collection :lol:

The only commerce is to benefit a worthwhile charity that has helped out on all 3 of the most recent natural disasters and is still helping the victims of the Pakistan earthquake.

Rare - Antique Gold pdxmarathonman geocoin is up for auction. All proceeds benefit Northwest Medical Teams International

If I wasn't poor I would bid. :D

I like the charity auctions. I might do one myself at some point.

Personally, I would like to own a V.1 Moun10Bike coin. But I see that Moun10Bike would like it back. That being said, I think everyone should withdraw their bids and let Moun10Bike own this at a fair price.

Regards,

nielsenc

I think someone suggested earlier in the thread to end the auction early.

This will be up to the seller to do so.

Here's another Ebay geocoin.

North Dakota Winter

Is anyone collecting these "Ebay only" coins? I passed on the Hawaii and I'm going to pass on this one too.

I am passsing on them. I tend to view them as ebay commerce items and not true geocoins

Yep, passing on these, too.

On topic for ebay, off for mou10bike's coin.

I have listed a canine coin 1st edition on ebay with 100% of the money going to an animal charity. If you need a 1st edition or want a spare, please think about this one!

I did goof though, instead of saying geocoin it only says coin, so if you search under canine coin you will find it. Hopefully it'll raise a little money for them.

I have listed a canine coin 1st edition on ebay with 100% of the money going to an animal charity.  If you need a 1st edition or want a spare, please think about this one!

I did goof though, instead of saying geocoin it only says coin, so if you search under canine coin you will find it.  Hopefully it'll raise a little money for them.

Very cool. Also in the works is a Corgi coin to benefit Corgi Aid. It's still in the design process though...

Here's the link to the Canine Coin. I already put my bid on it...

Canine Geocoin

Personally, I would like to own a V.1 Moun10Bike coin. But I see that Moun10Bike would like it back. That being said, I think everyone should withdraw their bids and let Moun10Bike own this at a fair price.

Regards,

nielsenc

Jon can ask me to end the auction anytime and I will - he knows this and even has my home number. Jon bid what he thought was a fair price.

Asking people to withdraw bids under these circumstances goes against Ebay policy and just isn't cool.

Please don't email me on Jon's behalf. I know everyone doesn't agree with me and I'm fine with that, but Jon has a voice of his own. Go back and read his posts.

Regards,

nielsenc

Jon can ask me to end the auction anytime and I will - he knows this and even has my home number. Jon bid what he thought was a fair price.

Asking people to withdraw bids under these circumstances goes against Ebay policy and just isn't cool.

Please don't email me on Jon's behalf. I know everyone doesn't agree with me and I'm fine with that, but Jon has a voice of his own. Go back and read his posts.

Well, ultimately, you are the seller so it'd be unfair to defer your decision based on Moun10Bike's word.

I agree that asking people to retract the bids is uncool, especially since all of the bids except by one person are serious in my opinion. For people who don't know, eBay keeps record of bid retractions and they (and the community) can use them against you.

Ending an auction early has ramifications, too, but eBay is generally more lenient toward the sellers since they collect the fees from them. :anitongue:

Edited by budd-rdc

I have listed a canine coin 1st edition on ebay with 100% of the money going to an animal charity.  If you need a 1st edition or want a spare, please think about this one!

I did goof though, instead of saying geocoin it only says coin, so if you search under canine coin you will find it.  Hopefully it'll raise a little money for them.

I haven't seen the actual Geocoin before - very nice. I also like the charity information you provided on the auction page.

Why am I not surprised that there's an ammo box on the tail side? And are you really selling "001 of 500" for this auction?

I am not speaking for Moun10bike, I am speaking only for myself as a geocitizen.

Taking advantage of Jon's good nature so you can profit is wrong in my opinion. You have what you were after, enough money to mint your coin. Anything more is greed in my opinion.

Regardless it is obvious that Jon wants the coin back or he would not bid on it. Everyone knows from the shill bidder that he is willing to shell out $1000 bucks for this coin. Do you think it is fair to extort Moun10bike in to paying for your tribute coin? I just think it is a shame that a geocacher has to pay to get his own coin back. Not only does he not profit from your sale, he is going to be the cash cow for slaughter.

You do what you want, it is your conscience, and we can do what we want and choose to boycott the sale.

This is just not right!

This is only my opinion and thid is the last I will say on this matter as I think this is getting too heated for me.

Wow, the same stuff round and round. Someone else mentioned it, but I will say it as a refresher.

At this point all of this is really a mute point. Ebay has rules against ending an auction early once there has been bidding on it like this. Whether you like what he's doing or not doesn't really matter at this point, the seller could lose his ebay acct. for ending this auction.

Wow, the same stuff round and round.  Someone else mentioned it, but I will say it as a refresher.

At this point all of this is really a mute point.  Ebay has rules against ending an auction early once there has been bidding on it like this.  Whether you like what he's doing or not doesn't really matter at this point, the seller could lose his ebay acct. for ending this auction.

As a seller on ebay you can ALWAYS stop an auction. They would not revoke your account, you still pay the fees from the sale when you stop it, so they don't care. I know a lot of ebay people and they do this all the time.

Edited by 2Dolphins

An idea. Assuming that Jon gets the coin back in the auction, he could turn around and sell it for a charity. Then he might get a tax deduction (I don't know how ebay on that works) and the coin would give something back by both having the first sale go to the memorial coin fundraising and then again to charity raising? Just a random thought! :anitongue:

With over 600 feedback on my acct. I'm pretty sure I know the rules, and being that I had someone do this to me (cancel an auction after I bid on it), their acct. was suspended. This is a very well documented auction thanks to everyone on here, and being that it's quite obvious that he would be ending it to sell to one of the bidders..... big NO NO!

With over 600 feedback on my acct. I'm pretty sure I know the rules, and being that I had someone do this to me (cancel an auction after I bid on it), their acct. was suspended.  This is a very well documented auction thanks to everyone on here, and being that it's quite obvious that he would be ending it to sell to one of the bidders..... big NO NO!

I am not talking about canceling the auction, I am talking about ending it early.

Edited by 2Dolphins
Ending an auction early so that a particular bidder can buy it is fixing the auction and illegal and against policy.

As for your friends who did it all the time, this is not something I would advertise.

Ok, this is the last on this. I hate for people who have over 600 feedback to be wrong, but you are.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html

ending the item early. Sellers may cancel bids, but not end the item unless the item is being sold to the high bidder 

There is the link, read it yourself. As long as you don't wait until 12 hours before the close of the auction, you are within your right to end the auction.

Wow, the same stuff round and round.  Someone else mentioned it, but I will say it as a refresher.

At this point all of this is really a mute point.  Ebay has rules against ending an auction early once there has been bidding on it like this.  Whether you like what he's doing or not doesn't really matter at this point, the seller could lose his ebay acct. for ending this auction.

As a seller on ebay you can ALWAYS stop an auction. They would not revoke your account, you still pay the fees from the sale when you stop it, so they don't care. I know a lot of ebay people and they do this all the time.

There are tools available to end the auction early for sellers. To avoid any confusion, here's a cut and paste from their site on what they dislike:

Note: Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated.
An idea. Assuming that Jon gets the coin back in the auction, he could turn around and sell it for a charity. Then he might get a tax deduction (I don't know how ebay on that works) and the coin would give something back by both having the first sale go to the memorial coin fundraising and then again to charity raising?  Just a random thought!  :anitongue:

My guess is that if this happens, eBay will be avoided altogether and he might organize a local event/silent auction to accomplish this. ;)

An idea. Assuming that Jon gets the coin back in the auction, he could turn around and sell it for a charity. Then he might get a tax deduction (I don't know how ebay on that works) and the coin would give something back by both having the first sale go to the memorial coin fundraising and then again to charity raising?  Just a random thought!  :anitongue:

My guess is that if this happens, eBay will be avoided altogether and he might organize a local event/silent auction to accomplish this. ;)

That would work nicely too. ;)

An idea. Assuming that Jon gets the coin back in the auction, he could turn around and sell it for a charity. Then he might get a tax deduction (I don't know how ebay on that works) and the coin would give something back by both having the first sale go to the memorial coin fundraising and then again to charity raising? Just a random thought! :anitongue:

Ooh, I like this idea! ;) I think everyone wins with this scenario!

Here's what I say we do: Let the current auction proceed as posted. No auction removals, nobody losing eBay privileges, etc. After the auction ends, whomever wins (I assume it will be me at this point, but who knows?) puts the coin back up on eBay and auctions it off with 100% of the proceeds going to charity.

Thanks, Carleen! Now I just have to figure out what charity I will choose!

Nice coins!  Let's hope we've started something that'll keep going.  Can you imagine how much money could be raised if every collector put just one coin up for charity?  Ok, not all at the same time, but you know what I mean.

That got me to thinking, how much have we raised so far?

I didn't total it (+/- $1600 ?), but it is a decent list. I may have missed a couple (the searching with the charity box shecked was quite finicky).

The fact the so much time with so little activity on the charity front was what got me a little bothered. People seem to have forgotten about the earthquake. I hope we get something going again...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEDW:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEDW:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-2005-PA-Keystone-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by pdxmarathonman