Look Whats On Ebay....

Ladycacher

I don't believe it is the same person, one is in Alabama and the other in Saskatchewan.  Last time I checked they weren't in the same area.

You took the words right out of my fingers. It's not the same person.

Does the seller claim they made the coin? It seems they may be selling a coin from another geocacher.

This is your chance to add one of BIG ROCK's Meteorite Geocoins to your collection.
I don't believe it is the same person, one is in Alabama and the other in Saskatchewan.  Last time I checked they weren't in the same area.

But both times this coin has shown up on ebay now it's been sold by the same person. I am sure if only 25 were made I dont think Big Rock would be selling them or giving them to the same person especially if they know that person is making a profit off of it. It just seems too fishy and meteorite alone costs alot.We have a few Meteorite pieces,small pieces and they cost alot more then 150 bucks they would be losing money having meteorite fragments melted down & I dont think they are dumb enough to do that. I know a few people that have emailed them and confronted them about it and they would not reply back.Also keep in mind the sell says In 1983, a farmer was terracing a tract of land for agricultural use near Richfield, Kansas (37° 13' 20" N, 101° 40' 53 " W) when he uncovered a 90 pound stone mass. Finding a rock of any size in this field was so unusual that he brought it home, where it stayed for the next twelve years. In 1995, he sent a piece of the stone to Dr. Alan Rubin at UCLA. He classified the stone as a meteorite, an LL3 - a rare class of chondrite. Chondrites are stone meteorites with an astounding age of 4.5 billion years. Excluding recovered Antarctic finds, the Richfield meteorite is only the sixteenth LL3 chondrite meteorite to be found.

Would you have something this rare melted down into a geocoin. That would get swiped by someone and I am sure if it was found it would have been placed in a museum or into someone's private collection or have been studied.

Edited by Mystery Ink
I don't think it's melted down.  the coin is pewter.  there is a tiny chio of the meteorite stone in it supposedly.  I think that's the piece on the back.

that or the picture on the back of it of a meteorite with the little stars trailing behind it makes it a meteorite geocoin lol :D . Still those meteorite pieces would have value even at that size. It will be interesting to see how many of these he sells.

Edited by Mystery Ink
I don't think it's melted down. the coin is pewter. there is a tiny chio of the meteorite stone in it supposedly. I think that's the piece on the back.

If you read the description of the meteorite it's a stony meteor.

Those are rare. More actually hit earth, but the metal based ones are easier to find and so the stony meteorites end up being worth more. Odds are it's a chip embedded or glued in the coin. I think you are right about where. The coin looks home made but...I could be wrong.

Just saw a new "Compass Rose" geocoin go for $61.00 on ebay - yikes! :lol:

I find it interesting that even though I pre-paid for these over a month ago, I still haven't received them, (their website does say shipping to be mid-to late October) yet they are showing up for sale on Ebay- ;)

Edited by CT Trampers
Just saw a new "Compass Rose" geocoin go for $61.00 on ebay - yikes! :lol:

I find it interesting that even though I pre-paid for these over a month ago, I still haven't received them, (their website does say shipping to be mid-to late October) yet they are showing up for sale on Ebay- ;)

CT:

The ones that were received early were shipped directly from Coins and Pins.

Then they had to send our allotment to us at USA Geocoins.

From that point we had to pack, post, and ship nearly 800 coins.

As of yesterday afternoon all of the Compass Rose Geocoin orders placed with USA Geocoins have been shipped.

Please allow appropriate time for the post office to deliver these packages.

Just saw a new "Compass Rose" geocoin go for $61.00 on ebay - yikes! ;)

I find it interesting that even though I pre-paid for these over a month ago, I still haven't received them, (their website does say shipping to be mid-to late October) yet they are showing up for sale on Ebay- :)

CT:

The ones that were received early were shipped directly from Coins and Pins.

Then they had to send our allotment to us at USA Geocoins.

From that point we had to pack, post, and ship nearly 800 coins.

As of yesterday afternoon all of the Compass Rose Geocoin orders placed with USA Geocoins have been shipped.

Please allow appropriate time for the post office to deliver these packages.

Thanks for the update! :lol:

This guy is getting rid of his/her collection one coin at a time:

One of his many coins.......

I think this is Smokey & The Teacher. He's getting rid of my coin too.

Can anyone comfirm if they are the ones doing this? If so I am stopping the OIFGA coin from going to them and refunding their money.

Are you serious? :D you gonna right down on the names of the Ebay bidders too? Make sure they don't get one. :unsure:

If they are selling activated coins they do not own then I say we lynch them. Other wise what are they doing wrong?

Some of those coins could not have not been in the possession of the seller for very long.

AND? :D

There was an earlier suggestion that they haven't been in the forums in awhile.

Many of us make it clear that we are only interested in trading our coins to someone who plans to hold onto them.

Those that they purchased are theirs to do with as they please.

This guy is getting rid of his/her collection one coin at a time:

One of his many coins.......

I think this is Smokey & The Teacher. He's getting rid of my coin too.

I wonder why they decided to quit collecting the coins. I'm tempted to bid on my own since I don't have any left, lol.

I think I'll bid on yours...I don't have one, either. :D Is that your original one?

Yep it is. The other one you will have soon.

Are you serious?

Yes I am serious :D .

I designed and made this coin from Mosul,Iraq. It was made for geocachers who support the military service members in Iraq and Afganastan. I was inspired to make this coin because of the risk I take everytime I leave the FOB. I did not make this coin to end up on EBAY... Since I paid for the Silver OIFGA coins and still have control of the coins it will be up to me if I want give a refund or not. This is how I feel about my geocoins.

Are you serious?

I designed and made this coin from Mosul,Iraq. It was made for geocachers who support the military service members in Iraq and Afganastan. I was inspired to make this coin because of the risk I take everytime I leave the FOB. I did not make this coin to end up on EBAY... Since I paid for the Silver OIFGA coins and still have control of the coins it will be up to me if I want give a refund or not. This is how I feel about my geocoins.

First,

Thank you for serving. You make us proud.

But I really don't understand the taboo of coins on ebay. People want them. People will buy and sell them. the word freedom comes to mind. And you obviously know more than most about that.

So you sold them and nobody else should be able to?

Just a thought for your next coin. have the words "do not sell on Ebay" on it somewhere. Or perhaps require buyers sign "I WILL NOT EBAY" Contracts.

Are you serious?

First,

Thank you for serving. You make us proud.

But I really don't understand the taboo of coins on ebay. People want them. People will buy and sell them. the word freedom comes to mind. And you obviously know more than most about that.

Just a thought for your next coin. have the words "do not sell on Ebay" on it somewhere. Or perhaps require buyers sign "I WILL NOT EBAY" Contracts.

:unsure:

The only person I traded coins with in Sparta Wi. is Smokey and Teacher. Had I known they were only looking to turn around and try and make a profit I would not have traded with them.

Cav Scout has every right to pull their coin. He is not doing what he is doing just for someone to make an easy fast buck on eBay.

I hope this is just very poor judgement on the part of one cacher and not the start of an ugly trend

Are you serious? you gonna right down on the names of the Ebay bidders too? Make sure they don't get one.

YEP! You bet I am!!

By the way Cachelion, my coins were never for sale, they were for trade only.

Why not wait and find out if it is who you all are speculating it is before anyone does anything rash (like cancelling a sale or trade).

I'm not really thrilled my coin is up there either, but there isn't much I can do about it. I purposely do not trade more than one of each of my coin variations to a person because I don't want others cutting me out of trades with my own coin (which has happened 3 times incidentally) and also cause I don't feel personal coins should be eBayed unless it's a charity type situation.

AtlantaGal is up to 6.50 with two bids

Really, mine has 2 bids? Well, I was going to bid what the dang thing cost me, but it's past that amount already. That version is all gone. I think you're one of the few who has an extra, and I know you didn't get it from me, but I can guess 3 people you might have gotten it from (yeah, I know who scammed extras of mine out of caches).

I don't mind really, but here is the way I look at it.

I have my coin made (Ladycacher) and I pay for the cost to have it minted, which was 1,000+. I then TRADE you one and pay shipping for the coin to reach you. You put it on EBAY. Why should YOU be paid back for a coin that didn't cost you? If I put my own coin on ebay, then that helps me re-pay my savings account for the money I "lost" paying for the coins.

{And yes I have sold a few to people you had nothing to trade, and etc., I am a softy. But selling a few did not cover my cost- not even by 1/4}

Thats right friend, I made them, sold them, and did not make a profit on them so why should I allow anyone else to make a profit off of something that is meant to be kept out of respect for the military? My service to this country is voluntary. I'm not a bounty hunter in Iraq trying to make money off of each AIF I capture. This is how I see anyone who wants to sell a geocoin that is meant for a good cause.

Target Identfied :D ! On the way! :unsure: Target destroyed :huh: !!!

Edited by Cav Scout
AtlantaGal is up to 6.50 with two bids

Really, mine has 2 bids? Well, I was going to bid what the dang thing cost me, but it's past that amount already. That version is all gone. I think you're one of the few who has an extra, and I know you didn't get it from me, but I can guess 3 people you might have gotten it from (yeah, I know who scammed extras of mine out of caches).

Wait- When I first started trading, you traded me Atlantagal coin. THen we traded again recently for the PNGG + others. When we traded this last time you sent me a extra of the silver(original) coin plus your LE coin. Nobody has traded me that extra of yours that I have. I DO NOT trade for extra coins unless it is from the person themselfs. I have a hard enough time getting rid of coins in trades now because I have almost every coin known to man.

Wait- When I first started trading, you traded me Atlantagal coin.  THen we traded again recently for the PNGG + others.  When we traded this last time you sent me a extra of the silver(original) coin plus your LE coin.  Nobody has traded me that extra of yours that I have.  I DO NOT trade for extra coins unless it is from the person themselfs.  I have a hard enough time getting rid of coins in trades now because I have almost every coin known to man.

Hmm, I don't remember trading you two of the silver, but if I did, I guess 1 out of 200 trades is allowed to slip through the cracks, lol.

You shouldn't have any trouble trading it to a newer collector since anyone who's jumped on the bandwagon since mid sept, who didn't already have a confirmed trade for one of those, won't get one. They're gone.

If it stays on your list too long, I'll find something to trade you back for it :D

Edited by AtlantaGal

Thats right friend, I made them, sold them, and did not make a profit on them so why should I allow anyone else to make a profit off of something that is meant to be kept out of respect for the military? My service to this country is voluntary. I'm not a bounty hunter in Iraq trying to make money off of each AIF I capture. This is how I see anyone who wants to sell a geocoin that is meant for a good cause.

Target Identfied :D ! On the way! :unsure: Target destroyed :D !!!

you sold the coin. you took someone's money. you made the deal and you are trying to justify backing out on the deal. Making up new terms for the deal that was already made.

Honorable?

sorry don't think so :huh:

Again I thank you for your service! :(

Edited by cachelion

Anyone else annoyed by the fact that most of these e-bay auctions have 'stolen' pictures of the coins on them? Team Fisur asked to use the picture of the Calgary Coins on their site, none of the e-bay auctions seem to have taken their own pictures...

Think its funny that on most of the Calgary coins I've seen go up, they all say "Come in the original plastic holder". Most of the coins I sent out got sent out 'naked'. The original plastic holder was in fact a tube that held 25 coins each...