Look Whats On Ebay....

Ladycacher

*snicker* 

Must have something to do with that RED text :P:D

Don't get your head stuck in there to far... :D

? :mad:

If anyone is wanting to know what I meant.

Red text here in Iraq is a code word the Scouts use for danger zone. Red TEXT means "danger zone"

RED is for Danger

Target/ AIF/terrorists/IED/SVBIED

Enemy

X kill/destroy/bypass

Traveling overwatch/contiue mission/ to move after engagement/move to next objective/

Saying don't get your head in to far means "don't walk into the danger zone". I thought it was strange that someone would know what RED TEXT means, and I was right nobody knew what it meant. :mad: .

Military talk.... My apologies for making anyone upset.

Atlanta Gal this is Cav Scout, acknowledge in sequence(please reply), I will stop the Military talk, A7(my call sign) out(leaving the net), Charlie Mike (continue mission....)

Edited by Cav Scout
:mad:

I am hugely sorry and deeply apologize for making anyone upset. The military joggin I used was only in reference to RED TEXT. Something we use here everyday in Iraq.

There is also, RED AIR(bad guy aircraft, RED LINE(lining up Soldiers for inspection, RED REPORTS(personel and equipment), and there are several others we use.

SORRY, SORRY, SORRY :mad:

Edited by Cav Scout

Atlanta Gal this is Cav Scout, acknowledge in sequence(please reply), I will stop the Military talk, A7(my call sign) out(leaving the net), Charlie Mike (continue mission....)

No worries. Looks like everyone had a different interpretation of which "red text" was being spoken of. And after rereading the thread this morning, I can see why.

No worries. Looks like everyone had a different interpretation of which "red text" was being spoken of. And after rereading the thread this morning, I can see why.

Whew! :mad: . Glad to get that cleared up. Thank you for accepting my apology :mad: .

$505, eh?

Anybody what to speculate now on what a V1 Moun10Bike would go for? (not that I'm selling mine).

It's been discussed in the past that it would go for $500 or so. I think we all agree that a charity auction raises prices that people will pay (because of the good cause), but anybody want to guess on what a non-charity acution fora V1 would pull?

Personally, I still think $400 - $500.

A V1 Moun10Bike!? I don't think a charity would affect the selling price at all on that one. There are some people that are just plain crazy :unsure:

Let ME be clear: Stop bidding! :o

OK, I finally stopped bidding.

$710.01 WOW!!!

Wow indeed!!! Congrats to Hydnsek on winning a fine coin, but more importantly, making a substantial donation to HFH. Way to go!

Thanks (gulp). I'm just glad pdx finally threw in the towel before I had to take out a second mortgage. :P

As I said in another thread, I view this as a donation to Habitat for Humanity, and I just happen to get a fine coin in the bargain.

Now, someone just needs to put up a third JL coin, so pdx can finally get his....I'm sure f0t0m0m and I will both promise not to bid this time. :P

Anyone see this 2003 OREGON coin

ebay looks wierd only 66 Geocoins up for auction.

Is'nt it prime time to sell stuff on the weekend?

anyway has anyone ever seen a 2003 Oregon coin? is it real?

ok so what, I'm a insomniac that likes hotmail codes :(

EDIT: The coin really should be pink now that's weird!

No I aint selling or bidding just looking.

Edited by RustyBeerCan
Anyone see this 2003 OREGON coin

ebay looks wierd only 66 Geocoins up for auction.

Is'nt it prime time to sell stuff on the weekend?

anyway has anyone ever seen a 2003 Oregon coin? is it real?

ok so what, I'm a insomniac that likes hotmail codes :o

EDIT: The coin really should be pink now that's weird!

No I aint selling or bidding just looking.

Yes the 2003 is real. I helped design it (Nurse Dave used to be an Oregonian - he gets the lion's share to the credit). The coin is actually copper. It looks like a large penny. The pic on ebay isn't a very good one.

Yep, I can also vouch for the 2003 Oregon coin. Back on April 14th, 2005, I picked one out of a cache in the woods behind the Bell Helicopter plant near Highway 15 in Blainville, Quebec (GC3F30) :o . I brought it to our Cache Event in Montreal to show it off, and it was later released in Joliette, Quebec (GCN8EA). Logged it on the Oregon Geocoin tracking site. It looked just like the USA Geocoin but had a different shade as I remember.

Edited by Big JohnP
Yep, I can also vouch for the 2003 Oregon coin. Back on April 14th, 2005, I picked one out of a cache in the woods behind the Bell Helicopter plant near Highway 15 in Blainville, Quebec (GC3F30) :D . I brought it to our Cache Event in Montreal to show it off, and it was later released in Joliette, Quebec (GCN8EA). Logged it on the Oregon Geocoin tracking site. It looked just like the USA Geocoin but had a different shade as I remember.

I also have one :o .

sheesh this Home made geocoin Went for 156 bucks Based on the apparent quality and the unspecified and unverified quantity of meteoric material in it, and the fact that it may very well be a made-for-sale item, I think it sold for a lot more than it was worth.

I mean the way it looks you cant even tell if It has meteoric material in it or even how much of it for that matter.

:o<_<

Whoa... no wonder he never responded to my trade inquiry!

Glad he didn't, now... everyone knows that a Joefrog's Famous Geocoin is worth FAR more than that! :P

<snip>

However, I can't be 100% certain on this, but I believe most, if not all of the version 1 coins were released into the wild, and inteded as travel bugs. It wasn't until later that he added the line about it being ok to keep them as part of a personal collection. In that instance, I think he would retain ownership just like a regular travel bug.

I'm not saying this is write or wrong, I am just throwing this out for arguments sake.

C4

Keep in mind that not all Version 1's have the "If you prefer, you are also welcome to keep it and give it a new home" in the Current GOAL text.

Personally, I prefer not to see any Moun10Bike Coins on eBay, even for a trial run. Besides having historical value, these coins also have mythical value which will be cheapened by monetary value. :D

Anyone notice this:

The following listing:

8343191580 - 2005 Unactivated Maryland Geocoin Geocoins Geocaching

has been removed from eBay for violating eBay policy. Since this listing was removed, you are not required to complete the transaction.

I had that happen with one of the coins I offered up to benefit the Red Cross. They said it was listed in the wrong category. It was listed in "hunting/camping" or something close that may people use for geocoins. They told me "the computer" rejected ut and they could not comment further. I also got no refund or explaination when I emailed the servicw dept.

great another Homemade Geocoin  that suposedly has real meteorite in it. Same person sold the same coin last week for 160 bucks.

I emailed that seller through ebay on the last auction he/she had and he/she never emailed me back.

yea suposedly only 25 were made im curious to see if they are just making them for the ebay purpose only and to see if they end up selling more then 25

sheesh this  Home made geocoin Went for 156 bucks 

I mean the way it looks you cant even tell if It has meteoric material in it or even how much of it for that matter.

Look at the thread "Geocoins are guaranteed money makers".

This is what I'm talking about... :(

Homemade Coin

These are being made for profit and that's it. If they are SO rare, then why have there been two on ebay?

great another Homemade Geocoin  that suposedly has real meteorite in it. Same person sold the same coin last week for 160 bucks.

Meteorites are big at the gem & mineral shows (Tucson). I bought one myself one year - but never thought of adding it as an "inclusion" to a coin! The price for that coin is excessive, but the meteorite mitigates that somewhat.

I'd like to embed a tiny lcd screen in a coin and send "video podcasts" to it from all the geocaching events...

(Don't laugh - somebody will do something like this when the technology is ready.) Remember you heard it from me first! (FTS - First to Speculate!)

--Marc

October 19, 2005 @ 9:57 AM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

Edited by SilverMarc
Anyone notice this:

The following listing:

8343191580 -  2005 Unactivated  Maryland Geocoin Geocoins Geocaching

has been removed from eBay for violating eBay policy.  Since this listing was removed, you are not required to complete the transaction.

I had that happen with one of the coins I offered up to benefit the Red Cross. They said it was listed in the wrong category. It was listed in "hunting/camping" or something close that may people use for geocoins. They told me "the computer" rejected ut and they could not comment further. I also got no refund or explaination when I emailed the servicw dept.

another reason for this could be the person stole thier pictures or description from another auction. This is a ebay no no.

This is what I'm talking about... ;)

Yup, I saw the thread. I wanted to post my thoughts, but I'll wait for my brain to calm down some more.

To me, a meteorite is more valuable if it looks undisturbed. I would have thought that engraving it with anything would devalue its meaning. :(

This is what I'm talking about... :blink:

Homemade Coin

These are being made for profit and that's it. If they are SO rare, then why have there been two on ebay?

I don't consider that one a geocoin. Not until I know that it really is associated with a cacher. I can't find a user name that matches. It seems to me that it is purely manufactured for profit and nothing else.

...I don't consider that one a geocoin. Not until I know that it really is associated with a cacher. I can't find a user name that matches. It seems to me that it is purely manufactured for profit and nothing else.

Agreed. I'll add that someone else said that a geocoin should be something you could find in a cache (not those exact words...) and I truly doubt that any will be found in caches. Of course I could have to eat those words, but then we would know who signature item it is.