Look Whats On Ebay....

Ladycacher

Bidding has suprassed $300

Only 1 day to go and I just bumped it up to the next level :)

If you want this one you will have to top $301 B)

Seriously, Johnnie is a good friend and I don't need the coin because I already am lucky enough to have one. But I would like to see this auction top $300 because it is for a good cause, Johnnie is a great guy, and this is a cool geocoin. Plus it gives incentive for people to contribute to a worthy cause, so ante up!

Edited by AB4N
Bidding has suprassed $300

Only 1 day to go and I just bumped it up to the next level :)

If you want this one you will have to top $301 B)

Seriously, Johnnie is a good friend and I don't need the coin because I already am lucky enough to have one. But I would like to see this auction top $300 because it is for a good cause, Johnnie is a great guy, and this is a cool geocoin. Plus it gives incentive for people to contribute to a worthy cause, so ante up!

Be careful. Shill bidders sometimes win the auction.

Why not let him win the bid and teach him a lesson?

Honestly? Cause before I read what was posted above, I assumed it was a legitimate bid. Do you really feel something for charity should suffer to teach someone a lesson? I don't.

Until I hear back from ab4n, he's being given the benefit of the doubt.

My bid was a legitimate bid. I never bid anything that I am not willing to pay, and I don't gamble. I am disappointed that anyone would think otherwise! <_<

My bid was nothing more than what I plainly said it was, a promotion for a good cause, and a desire to see a friend's coin at the top. Had I won the auction you can be assured that I would have gladly contributed to a very worthy cause, but I'll do so through other channels now. ;)

My bid was a legitimate bid. I never bid anything that I am not willing to pay, and I don't gamble. I am disappointed that anyone would think otherwise! <_<

My bid was nothing more than what I plainly said it was, a promotion for a good cause, and a desire to see a friend's coin at the top. Had I won the auction you can be assured that I would have gladly contributed to a very worthy cause, but I'll do so through other channels now. ;)

Looks like some people jumped on this fellow without cause.

It seems he certainly was willing to make payment if he won, and in fact said so before the squabble.

Even if his bid is a "shill" bid, which in my opinion it isn't, the payment still goes to charity automatically, so nobody loses anyway.

Chill out! An auction is an auction - the guy who pays the most walks with the merchandise, no matter how he chooses to "describe" his bid, which seems to be the only error in judgement he's guilty of, considering the angry replies in this thread.

--Marc

October 4, 2005 @ 3:17 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

Is this when I eat my crow pie?

However, I think you can also say from the initial post that it did not appear to be a legitimate bid and that the bid was made to solely increase the cost of the coin. AtlantaGal had to make a decision since the auction was to end today and it appeared that at least one individual was no longer going to bid on the coin due to the post.

Edited by LadeBear68

I'm on AB4Ns side. He should of been given a chance to prove his honesty. It seems sometimes people tend to jump to conclusions and assume things before the fact.

I'm on AB4Ns side. He should of been given a chance to prove his honesty. It seems sometimes people tend to jump to conclusions and assume things before the fact.

I agree here also. It was unfair to attack him.

But I can see Atlantagal's point of view too. IF ebay were to find out then her account with them could have gone bad. I do not see how ebay could find out, but you never know.

But I can see Atlantagal's point of view too. IF ebay were to find out then her account with them could have gone bad. I do not see how ebay could find out, but you never know.

eBay's policies are to act first and reinstate later. To them, I am a pion and if someone were to alert them to that listing with concerns, they'd shut the auction right down (again). It also doesn't help the individual seller that they are always updating their policies. I'm just very anal about that acount and the business I conduct through it. I'm an honest seller and get very upset if anyone, eBay included, were to say or think otherwise.

AB4N contacted me. His bid was legitimate regardless of how it appeared in this thread. Now I'm left with feeling badly about cancelling his original bid.

Sometimes, ya just can't win <_<

AB4N contacted me. His bid was legitimate regardless of how it appeared in this thread. Now I'm left with feeling badly about cancelling his original bid.

Sometimes, ya just can't win <_<

I would chalk it up to misreading his original post, not to any bad intentions. Mistakes and misunderstandings happen. Sounds like ya'll worked out the middle ground.

Shill bidding a charity is almost laughable. Doing so with a public account and a perfect 100% positive feedback would be lunacy. Announcing it in a public forum unthinkable and not the modus operandi of a shill bidder. Taking a person at their word in such a situation is not such a bad idea.

Congratulations to the high bidder - awesome!!

Shill bidding a charity is almost laughable. Doing so with a public account and a perfect 100% positive feedback would be lunacy. Announcing it in a public forum unthinkable and not the modus operandi of a shill bidder. Taking a person at their word in such a situation is not such a bad idea.

I apologize for the insult. But everytime I re-read that original post I get the same impression I got the first time I read it. Too bad neither one of us got the coin :D

And apologies to AG for influencing her decision to pull the bid.

Edited by pdxmarathonman

I apologize for the insult. But everytime I re-read that original post I get the same impression I got the first time I read it. Too bad neither one of us got the coin :D

And apologies to AG for influencing her decision to pull the bid.

Accepted, water under the bridge, lessoned learned on all parts I think. I have a sneaky feeling that there will be plenty of coins for everyone to spend their money on in the coming days/weeks. When will this burn out?

Try doing a private auction next time so the bidders won't be seen by others.... Just a thought, I see it done alot in situations like this.... May save future hassles and embarrassment. Nothing personal intended.... Just a thought...

1markymark1

B)

Probably a good point, but at the same time it is interesting to see who bid what. The history log tells a story of its own :P And when someone desides to publically announce their bid that goes out the window anyway :P

Try doing a private auction next time so the bidders won't be seen by others.... Just a thought, I see it done alot in situations like this.... May save future hassles and embarrassment. Nothing personal intended.... Just a thought...

1markymark1

B)

Probably a good point, but at the same time it is interesting to see who bid what. The history log tells a story of its own B)And when someone desides to publically announce their bid that goes out the window anyway :P

B):P

I for one do not bid on private auctions.... too much of an opportunity for funny business..... I like everything out in the open...

Check out the email link at the bottom of the above post!

Does this name remind anyone of a recent winning bidder? :P

:P

I knew who it was because I trade with him alot....but he has been "outed" now! B)

Thanks DAVE .... yes.. I am the proud soon-to-be new owner of a Johnnie Lacy coin... but had it not been going to a charity, I would not have bid even half of what I bid..... the real Congrats should go out to AtlantaGal and Johnnie for their efforts in making this possible !!!

Edited by f0t0m0m

I have just submitted another charity auction for a Johnnie coin on eBay, given Atlanta Gal's success with hers. The URL is Here.

I set this up as a scheduled auction for tomorrow at 8:00am EST.

It has a $400 buy-it-now price in case anyone wants to snap it up before the first bid.

As an aside, I know AB4N personally and have cached with him several times. I have no doubt his bids would be honored.

I have just submitted another charity auction for a Johnnie coin on eBay, given Atlanta Gal's success with hers. The URL is Here.

I set this up as a scheduled auction for tomorrow at 8:00am EST.

It has a $400 buy-it-now price in case anyone wants to snap it up before the first bid.

As an aside, I know AB4N personally and have cached with him several times. I have no doubt his bids would be honored.

Why not change it to start when the whole country is awake?

Shame it was listed in the wrong category. Hopefully it will get more publicity here.

For future ebay charity listings be sure to get it into Sporting Goods > Camping/hiking/backbacking > Other. This is where most geocaching items, including geocoins are listed. Also be sure to have the keyword "geocoin" as one word in your title. It will be seen by the most people this way.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Here's the link to the actual charity auction listing itself :laughing:

Shame it was listed in the wrong category. Hopefully it will get more publicity here.

For future ebay charity listings be sure to get it into Sporting Goods > Camping/hiking/backbacking > Other. This is where most geocaching items, including geocoins are listed. Also be sure to have the keyword "geocoin" in your title. It will be seen by the most people this way.

Yep....looks like it got filtered out of people's "geocoin" search because of the "Geo Coin" listing.

Here's the link to the actual charity auction listing itself :laughing:

For future ebay charity listings be sure to get it into Sporting Goods > Camping/hiking/backbacking > Other. This is where most geocaching items, including geocoins are listed. Also be sure to have the keyword "geocoin" in your title. It will be seen by the most people this way.

Yep....looks like it got filtered out of people's "geocoin" search because of the "Geo Coin" listing.

At a 20% charity auction it isn't likely to get a huge price :laughing:

How do make a Bigdawg Happy, You give him a nice shiny Geobone-Thats how!

You make him Real happy with a extra gold one too.

Thanks Lemon fresh Dog , got home to find my new geobones from the ebay charity listing in the mailbox.

Coins look great, dont have to worry about me selling these puppies on e-bay! :rolleyes: