Look Whats On Ebay....

Ladycacher

As soon as I receive payments for the two charity auctions I've held thus far, I'll be listing another one. This time it's none other than a Johnnie Lacy coin (#95)!

Johnnie has graciously donated one of his highly sought after coins in the name of good will. So keep your eyes peeled for this listing later this coming week!

Edited by AtlantaGal
QUOTE (Cornerstone4 @ Sep 27 2005, 04:31 PM)

The latest Red Cross Geocoin auction...

Johnnie Lacy Geocoin #95

Happy bidding! 

Well, I'm in! 

I saw that. Amazing the bids in 2.5 hrs.

AG wonders where that running man is 

What's this world coming to? I just outbid myself! :laughing:

I checked the auction, and I had been pushed to my max bid. It offered me the chance to up my max bid, so I did, then, it raised my previous bid by $2.50!

Oh well, it would have happened eventually.

C4

The latest Red Cross Geocoin auction...

Johnnie Lacy Geocoin #95

Happy bidding!

Well, I'm in! :laughing:

I saw that. Amazing the bids in 2.5 hrs.

AG wonders where that running man is :unsure:

What happened, indeed!

I saw the page before ebay yanked it. Hopefully AG will get it straightened out...

From the ebay page (which is still open in a browser frame)

EDIT

It looks like things are cleaned up.  Go to ebay and bid!

Edited by pdxmarathonman

They caught onto the the "no credit card paypal wording". The wording is fine as long as the paypal credit card box is NOT checked. In order to list a charity auction, the paypal credit card HAS to be checked. I can relist with that wording omitted and probably will within the hour. I just have to check with eBay live help on something first.

Johnnie Lacy Geocoin - Benefits Red Cross Take II, lol

I'm going to edit out my other links to avoid confusion. If you quoted that former listing, please edit your post.

Also, if you win this auction, if I have to, I can upgrade my account to take credit cards (and then change my mind the next day after receiving payment and revert to my paypal personal account status again - there's always a loophole, lol)

I'm going to edit out my other links to avoid confusion. If you quoted that former listing, please edit your post.

Also, if you win this auction, if I have to, I can upgrade my account to take credit cards (and then change my mind the next day after receiving payment and revert to my paypal personal account status again - there's always a loophole, lol)

Let's get this party started :unsure::laughing::blink:

QUOTE (AtlantaGal @ Sep 27 2005, 07:31 PM)

Let's get this party started   

I'm ready, is the party over already? :laughing:

Forgive my ignorance if this question has been asked, but how is a bidder assured that the money paid for these charity coins is actually going to the charity? Is this all arrange through Ebay or is it an on your honor system for the seller to forward the money?

You have the same credit card on file as you do to be an ebay seller. If you have not paid for the charity auction(s) by the second Monday after your listing ends (or filed a non-paying bidder statement in that time period), they automatically charge your credit card on file.

Personally, I pay for the listings I host as each payment is received so I can check-off to waive the 45-day grace period until the charity receives the funds. When this is waived, the charity gets the money immediately.

I received payments for both my other listings on Monday and paid for the items at that time.

Edited by AtlantaGal
Forgive my ignorance if this question has been asked, but how is a bidder assured that the money paid for these charity coins is actually going to the charity? Is this all arrange through Ebay or is it an on your honor system for the seller to forward the money?

You have the same credit card on file as you do to be an ebay seller. If you have not paid for the charity auction(s) by the second Monday after your listing ends (or filed a non-paying bidder statement in that time period), they automatically charge your credit card on file.

Personally, I pay for the listings I host as each payment is received so I can check-off to waive the 45-day grace period until the charity receives the funds. When this is waived, the charity gets the money immediately.

I received payments for both my other listings on Monday and paid for the items at that time.

Thank you AG, I was curious how all this worked.

It's definitely a cumbersome process. Not anywhere near as seemless or easy as the eBay Auctions for America (after 9/11) was. I found (and reported) a technical bug in Mission Fish's payment system as well.

An additional note, all seller fees still come out of the sellers pocket, howver, eBay agrees to donate all of those for 100% charity auctions. So the sellers of these auctions are donating a little bit of $ also.

QUOTE (GrandpaKim @ Sep 30 2005, 06:00 AM)

Here's another charity auction:

JOHNNIE LACY Geocoin - Benefits Red Cross, VHTF 

Bidding has surpassed $250

Only 3 1/2 days to go 

Wow! B)

You guys have gone beyond my means. :P

Time to start working another angle. :D

For that price you could steal the design and mint your own!!! B) B)

QUOTE (GrandpaKim @ Sep 30 2005, 06:00 AM)

Here's another charity auction:

JOHNNIE LACY Geocoin - Benefits Red Cross, VHTF 

Bidding has surpassed $250

Only 3 1/2 days to go 

Wow! B)

You guys have gone beyond my means. B)

Time to start working another angle. B)

For that price you could steal the design and mint your own!!! B):D

:P