Look Whats On Ebay....

Ladycacher

Opps..... my short PDA-written answer probably came across as too curt. Sorry! :rolleyes:

Sometimes writting on those things makes me seem abrupt. I guess what I was trying to convey is that coin shops have a tonne of supplies for holding and displaying the coins -- it depends if you find a larger shop that stocks these sizes.

I actually had a bunch of sports cards pages left over (like a box!) so I place the coins into plastic sleeves, then place these into the sports card page plastic and then seal the top with a little tape. It works "okay", but an album would be nice. (except that my geobone won't fit! <_< --so folks will have to hold this in a "special" holder -- oooooo! aaaaaaaa!

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

Staples had those 5-star zippered binders on sale for half price a few weeks ago. I picked up one of those and then went to my local coin store and purchased the binder sheets with 2" sleeves. My problem is the coins that are under 1.75" slide out or turn a lot. So I think I need to go back and get some of those cardboard view cases for the 1.5" or less coins. Other than that, this set up works great.

I also need some kind of sleeve that will accomidate the geobones. They don't fit either.

Edited by AtlantaGal
Opps..... my short PDA-written answer probably came across as too curt. Sorry! :rolleyes:

No problem... I just wanted to make sure my intentions were clear. I was more in support of the 2.5" binder pages than the eBay auction. Everyone who goes to a Southern Oregon pizza event knows that I bring my geocoins in an overstuffed 1" red binder with some overstreatched 2x2 binder pages... so I was pretty excited to see a new (to me) product.

I have many trading card pages as well. To me they would seem too thin to hold up to coin use... and there are just 9 pockets per page.

Lemon Fresh Dog, Thanks for the chance to own a great looking coin and help out a charity. It was only fitting that I got this coin for my collection, it goes along nicely with the Bigdawg theme :lol: .

Oh - oh ---- I "accidently" put BOTH a GOLDEN geobone and a REGULAR geobone in the same package I will be packaging and sending out tomorrow -- so it looks like your good deed will be rewarded with a "complete" set rather than just the one coin. :ph34r:

Lemon Fresh Dog, Thanks for the chance to own a great looking coin and help out a charity. It was only fitting that I got this coin for my collection, it goes along nicely with the Bigdawg theme :( .

Oh - oh ---- I "accidently" put BOTH a GOLDEN geobone and a REGULAR geobone in the same package I will be packaging and sending out tomorrow -- so it looks like your good deed will be rewarded with a "complete" set rather than just the one coin. :(

I wonder what little extra I'll get in my package from AtlantaGal? I just mailed the money order this morning via certified first-class mail.

You could have minted another coin for yourself with the money you've spent on charity auctions, lol. You're donating to a worthy cause tho. Now, go pat yourself on the back. You done good :P

Wow... I considered bidding but I've spent so much money latley that I decided not to. Pretty nice to see both your collection and charity benefit :rolleyes:

I might have to make it a point to NOT collect limited minted geocoins (unless I'm involved in the minting or have an in to get a coin at mint cost). As it is, the coin craze is pretty intense lately, I can't imagine too many people being able to afford 100 dollar coins (charity auctions aside). Even if I had one, it's only valuable to mostly national geocachers, people I most likely won't ever meet and be able to show my coins off to.

Man, I came on here to see why people were constantly emailing me asking for my Moun10bike coin. It started all the sudden too, like maybe people noticed they could cash in with them? I'm not quiet sure where my coin is, I know I have it, but haven't been able to locate it.......now maybe for the prices I've seen people willing to pay for one, I'll look harder...wonder how much #111 would sell for <_< Just kidding, if I ever find it, I'll have to make a special cache for people to find it.

I'll have to keep my eye out for it.

Man, I came on here to see why people were constantly emailing me asking for my Moun10bike coin. It started all the sudden too, like maybe people noticed they could cash in with them? I'm not quiet sure where my coin is, I know I have it, but haven't been able to locate it.......now maybe for the prices I've seen people willing to pay for one, I'll look harder...wonder how much #111 would sell for  Just kidding, if I ever find it, I'll have to make a special cache for people to find it.

I'll have to keep my eye out for it.

Send me your address and I'll come help you look. <_<

We'll have to plan it on a weekend with nice weather since once we look through something, we'll want to toss it outside so it doesn't hamper the search process! :huh:

C4

Wow, get off the coin boards for a few months and every state org now has there own coin, and ebay is off the rails. Made a bid for a few with a top end of 5.50, just to see how high they went. Amazing stuff and potential material for someone to due a thesis on....any business master or crowd psyc canadates out there?

This may be a little off-topic, but since it seems most of the charity auctions have come and gone... I was wondering if you all had seen these. Katrina Relief Effort Geocoins

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have at least one more Katrina auction. I'm just waiting to receive both payments for the two I recently had before I list another one.

The Katrina Relief coins have been linked in other threads already, possibly even this one. Bought 2 when they were announced.