Look Whats On Ebay....

Ladycacher

Also tried to link to it. Link worked while I was logged into ebay.

Now it doesn't work and I now see in the "error" message"

Try to access the feature directly from the eBay Home Page, instead of using a bookmark. Strange.

Edited by Cardinal Red
This is crazy! It's up to $15.50 now with 6 days to go. BTW, the Washington Geocoin that sold the other day on eBay went for $36.00. I hope this isn't a starting trend. It's hard enough to collect coins now without re-sellers getting in on it.

resellers heck. Maybe I'll stop trading my coins and just go to ebay. There are 1500 WA coins out there (offer me $31 for one and I'll pay shipping) and only a fraction of that many of my own coin :blink:

I sent a note to the seller since their info is a tad misleading. There are 500 of those coins. The fact that 300 were shipped a month before the final 200 makes no difference since the numbers are consecutive.

Try this link... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7171971141

This is one of the first 300 Georgia geocoins ever minted

He could have said it was one of the first 247 ever minted :blink:

YUP, I'll sell my Washington coin for 30.00 and pay the shipping as well, as for it starting a trend, I'd say the trend is in high gear and if someone is willing to pay 30 bucks for something I paid 5 and bought a couple of, well I dont see this as anything other than smart buisiness, but thats just me :blink:

Wow....I wonder what an original run Moun10Bike would go for? :blink:

What'll you pay me? ;)

Only kidding....I was fortunate to find MTB #138 in a challenging cache early in my caching career, and Jon was kind enough to say I could keep it. It's a great keepsake from a cool cache.

Its one thing to sell a state or group coin, but I hope we don't ever see another one like what happened with Blazerfan's coin. If I can trade for a coin of someone else's, then I hold that in a much higher group than the state ones.

I'm still missing why folks are showing such outrage at this kind of stuff. If you bought it, or if you traded for it, it is YOURS and nobody else's. Go wild.

I'd be happy to sell 'any' of the coins I have extra, for $30 each in a heartbeat.

I don't really see the issue with selling excess coins that you purchased on eBay... if you have extras, and don't know about the trading forums or can't find something to trade them for... I don't see any reason not to sell them .. and eBay is a great place to sell collectables.

Did the price of the Washington coin go for mure than it shoud have?.... Sure... but that's because several people wanted it. Noone forced any of them to bid on it, or to bid as high as they did.

I was the winner of that auction. I have just started collecting coins and missed the original opportunity to buy these. I had tried to trade for a couple with no luck, so I threw a snipe bid out there several days before it ended. I did not expect it to go as high as it did, but I don't have a problem with occasionally paying more than I should to cross a coin of my want list.

The trading forums are great, but it very diffiuclt to get started when you have no "stock" to trade from, and the opportunities to actually buy any of the coins after they have been released and sold-out are almost non-existent here.

Jim

The trading forums are great, but it very diffiuclt to get started when you have no "stock" to trade from, and the opportunities to actually buy any of the coins after they have been released and sold-out are almost non-existent here.

Yes, and that is why they sell at a premium on eBay - once the initial selling is over, they become scarce -especially- the older coins. It's a buyers market - we're very lucky to be able to get in on the initial selling every so often.

--Marc

July 29, 2005 @ 2:08 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

I'm totally outraged :D I can't believe a common Washington coin sold for more than mine :D And is it just me or does that coin look scuffed around the hiker?

My coin sold for $31.00 It's a shame I didn't see a penny of it. I've also seen an Oregon geocoin sell for $30.

I'd be very curious what my collection would sell for. I have at least 60 metal coins... and at $30 each thats $1800... hmmmm

I'd be very curious what my collection would sell for. I have at least 60 metal coins... and at $30 each thats $1800... hmmmm

But you could never part with them...

Hence, want is inverse to price!

--Marc

July 29, 2005 @ 2:43 PM

I'm totally outraged :D I can't believe a common Washington coin sold for more than mine :D And is it just me or does that coin look scuffed around the hiker?

My coin sold for $31.00 It's a shame I didn't see a penny of it. I've also seen an Oregon geocoin sell for $30.

Good point, I would sell just about every one of my coins for that kind of profit, not yours of course because you traded it to me for a military coin so it holds a higher place in my collection, but if I thought for a second I could get 2000 for my collection I would do it in a heart beat and start again from scratch.

Arent those coines like travel bugs?

Yes, they work like travel bugs as far as tracking goes, but people trade them and collect them as well, it's not quite the same as a travel bug. In this case if you want to keep it you work that out with the owner. You don't just decide to keep it. Which makes it a lot like travel bugs, I guess.

Sometimes you get some people who just don't know.

USA Geocoin on ebay

Hmm, first off I wouldn't say a 2005 USA Geocoin is 'rare'. Secondly you can buy them directly. One 2005 USA Geocoin would cost $4.99 plus 49 cents shipping for one of them.

This one on e-bay is already up to $12.50 plus $4.50 shipping.

I guess sometimes a fool and his money are soon parted.

Now they are over 51.00 dollars, I'm sure posting the link had nothing to do with that.... :rolleyes:

I am sure, and would put money on it, that those coins go for close to 100.00 or more.

Yes it did - I put in my bid!

Not planning to win this one, those coins will go for way more then they're worth, but I'll put my wallet where my bid is if I'm wrong!

--Marc

August 1, 2005 @ 6:04 PM

And the craze begins.....There are now a bunch of Geocoin listings on Ebay. THe lady selling most of those coins traded several with me before listing the others and she says she simply needs the money, which is understandable she is trying to buy a house.

And the craze begins.....There are now a bunch of Geocoin listings on Ebay.  THe lady selling most of those coins traded several with me before listing the others and she says she simply needs the money, which is understandable she is trying to buy a house.

Not a big change of lifestyle when you buy a house for a couple of hundred dollars more than another. (Unless she's got truckloads of Moun10bike coins for sale!)

I'd keep the coins and buy some bright paint instead!

--Marc

August 1, 2005 @ 11:30 PM

Arent those coines like travel bugs?

Yes and no.

Some coins can be tracked on GC.com or another tracking site. Those may or may not be like a travel bug depending on the wishes of the owner. For example my Alaska coins are trackable but I am using them as swag. That's my intent.

Other coins are not trackable at all. They are always swag unless the owner has attached some kind of card and given the coin a goal. (Like those non trackable travel bugs that have you send an email on the location and that's it).

In the end it all depends. This is not something I've ever had to worry about. I've never found a coin in a cache. I've been sent one, and bought two though.

Hmmm, why should the speculators make all the hefty margins? They didn't spend the time to organize, design, manufacturer, and distribute the Geocoins for measly-to-no profit.

If the cost of buying Geocoins go up, then I say it's justified because the people who worked to make them possible should get rewarded for their efforts. That's what I see from this trend - let the "market forces" dictate. :lol:

I would like to get a hold of one of the USA geocoins but not for $30 or the $120 for the collection with the one in it. Aren't the USA coins for sale on Groundspeak somewhere?

They do not sell them on here, but the 2005 is being sold still (sorry I don't have the link handy). What year are you looking for? I have some to trade.....

WOW those 9 coins on ebay went for $132.51 !! That's almost $15 a coin. I wonder how many 'leftovers' will be offered on ebay now.

Yeah but that's cheap compared to the GA coin auction that was over $47 for a single $5 coin.

Edited by AtlantaGal