Jefferson County Road Trip

SeabeckTribe

:blink: The Tribe has been giving some thought about doing a day of caching in Jefferson County on Saturday August 6th. With the Luau, vacation and school starting, we thought this would be a good time for us. We had such a great time on the "OhJoy! Mystery Cache Day". We thought we would invite other cachers to come and join us. Our plans would be to start our caching in Port Angeles and work our way back home. There are thirty three caches on our list. (two multi's that are maybe's) The Tribe has done several, but thought others would like to do them since they would be on the route. We had in mind to start off in Silverdale. Those that want to caravan up to PA would meet at a location and leave at a set time. It will take about 1.5 hours if the traffic flows well. If you know someone that might like to join in the caravan or carpool with you, please feel free to contact them and pass this invite along. Then there are those that just might want to meet us at the first cache. Please reply in the forum or email us if you would like to come along. List will follow sometime this weekend.

Hope you will join us

The Tribe

Thanks for the invite. This Sunday, right after my granddaughter's wedding, I will be flying the red-eye to Nashville, heading north to Mammoth Caves where I am on a restoration crew for a week.

Yes, I'll teach my nephew to geocache on the trip from Nashville to the caves, and while there do a few more with cavers also on the crew.

Then, off to my sister's home in NC and teaching her to cache - AND - spending a day with Curmudgeonly Gal and Just Mike - what do you think we'll be doing?

So, I won't be there, but I'll be having a lot of fun.

See you all at the luau.

Here is the list of caches. We hope to post a road trip map this weekend. The Tribe also has 2 to 4 extra radios to loan out so we can be in comunication with each other.

The Tribe will sure miss you Ohjoy! but your trip sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you have a great time. :blink:

Almost all of these are Traditional Caches. The 2 virtual’s & 2 multi’s are noted so. In addition there are 2 multi’s that might be possibilities.

PORT ANGELES AREA

GCJOG3 WATCH FOR ROCKS AND WATER (1.5/1.5)

GCPO2X CROWNED (1.5/1.5)

GCF6F4 STAIRS FOR STARES (1/1) (Virtual)

GCF2E3 MISSY COYOTE GOES HOLLYWOOD (3/1)

GCGWFA A WALK IN WEBSTER WOODS (2/1.5) (Multi) (Have to locate 6 pieces of art and answer a questions to calculate the final. With multiple people this shouldn’t take long.)

SEQUIM AREA

GCC59C ROBIN HILL FARM (1.5/1.5)

GC90AD DUNGENESS POKER…I’M BLUFFING (1.5/1.5)

GCGIZZ LIONS, TIGERS, BEARS AND MORE… (2/2)

GCPK9Q DUNGENESS DITTY (2.1.5)

GCG93P RAILROAD BRIDGE PARK (2/2)

GCMK70 WALLY WORLD: TOUR PART 1 (1.5/1)

GCMK75 WALLY WORLD: TOUR PART 2 (1.5/1.5)

GCKY45 END OF THE ROAD CACHE (2/2)

GCMA49 HANDCUFFS & HAIRSPRAY… (1/1)

GCGGA0 SEQUIM’S BRAVEST CACHE-A MEMORIAL (1/1)

GCPV64 IMBY, NOT NIMBY (1/1)

GCF252 PORT WILLY’S MALLARD REVENGE (1/1.5)

GCKNEM BLAKE OR BUST (2/2) Not a multi now – coords are in the page description.

GCM5T2 SEQUIM EAST TRAVEL BUG HOTEL (1/1)

GCGGIT JOHNSON CREEK TRESTLE (1.5/2)

Depending on how the time goes. These might be a possibilities. Part 2 is apx 3.5 miles north of Sequim and Part 1 is at the east end of Sequim. As the crow flies 4.3 miles apart. Driving, maybe 6. Some of the data from Part 1 is needed to locate the start of Part 2.

GCGMZV TOUR DE SEQUIM PART 1 (2.5/1) Multi – Have to visit several locations in Sequim. Start to finish is about 3 miles and can be done by car or bicycle. Some of this date gathered here will be required to locate the starting point of Tour de Sequim Part 2.

GCGNOP TOUR DE SEQUIM PART 2 (2.5/1) Multi – Have to visit several locations. Start to finish is about 3 miles and can be done by car or bicycle.

DISCOVERY BAY AREA

GCGTAA TROLLVILLE (1/1) Virtual (This is an out-of-the-normal place. We think you’ll like this place)

GCNVQX GARDINER CEMETERY (1/1)

GCMAXK DISCOVERY BAY TRAVEL BUG MOTEL (1/1)

GCNX2T DISCOVERY BAY CEMETERY (1/1)

GCMWCB DISCOVERY BAY “ROCKS” (3/2) Multi (This is a fun one. We spent quite a bit of time on this one. But with The Tribes spiritually guidance you should be able to do this one in a fair amount of time.)

HWY 104 TO FLOATING BRIDGE AREA

GCP72B FYI, an NRV CACHE (1.5/2.5)

GCN1JM LITTLE MISS MUFFET (1/2.5)

GCMY8G TRACK THE DRAGON – HOOD CANAL (1.5/2.5) (This is about a 25 min round trip)

GCN294 SHINE AND RISE (1.5/2)

GCGM3E BRIDGE TO NOWHERE (2/2)

GCGFYN SALSBURY POINT PARK (2/2)

That sounds like a rather ambitious list. I doubt we would be able to do that entire list in one day even given perfect caching. If the Wally World caches are the light pole type, I would suggest we can cull those.

As a note, I will need a final meeting spot by Thursday morning as I will be away from my internet connection starting late that morning.

Back to lurking mode.

This looks a lot like the route Travis will probaby be building for the Sept Port Townsend / Port Angeles Cache Machine.

The Tribe did not realize :laughing: that there were plans of a Cache Machine in September. We have decided not to continue with this road trip, so we can join in on the Cache Machine. We appreciated those who have responsed. If we decide to plan another road trip, we will definitely post it on the forums.

This looks a lot like the route Travis will probaby be building for the Sept Port Townsend / Port Angeles Cache Machine.

The Tribe did not realize :laughing: that there were plans of a Cache Machine in September. We have decided not to continue with this road trip, so we can join in on the Cache Machine. We appreciated those who have responsed. If we decide to plan another road trip, we will definitely post it on the forums.

Thats to bad. I was trying to rearrange my schedule for that weekend.... wanted to get a head start on the CM :rolleyes:

:laughing: Sorry about that...

The Tribe has decided to go to Ocean Shores. We have a BIG lot down there at Ocean Shores Outdoor Receation Club. If you have a camper or tent come and join us we have plenty of room. We are leaving late Friday afternoon. Saturday we will cache in the Aberdeen/Hoquiam area working our way back to Ocean Shores. Then pick up any in the OS area we might not have gotten to Saturday. Then try to get an early start home. Like around 1 - 2ish. If it is a possibility let us know.

Do you think we should start another topic for this trip? We sure wouldn't mind inviting other cachers to join us Saturday.

Lummieh