If There Is No Geocache Here, There Should Be!

Sparrowhawk

If you talking about Hans Island (couldn't access your link), I doubt the cache would be approved. It would probably be considered a "vacation cache" unless you live in the area or visit there regularly. :)

The "war experts" were quoted as saying that Denmark is one of the few countries that Canada could actually win a war against. :laughing:

Hey if we place a cache there perhaps we can ask the government to maintain it. I'm sure it will only cost a few million dollars but hey we get to have soverignty over that oh so important Rock in the middle of nowhere.

I mean what are we going to do there, build a tim hortons?

Tim Horton's has been an American company for some time now so it wouldn't be fitting to use them as a Canadian symbol. In fact, it is being reported in today's news that Wendy's International, the owners of Tim Horton's, is planning to sell off a number of TH outlets and close a bunch of others to halt their declining revenues improve their bottom line.

It would be more Canadian to build a summer hockey camp there. :D

"Notwithstanding the disputed area, the Canadian Foreign Affairs Ministry is allowing its cafeteria to sell Danish pastries as a goodwill gesture towards the Danish government and people," ministry spokesman Reynald Doiron said. :D:D:D

What? No Freedom Pastries? :D

"Notwithstanding the disputed area, the Canadian Foreign Affairs Ministry is allowing its cafeteria to sell Danish pastries as a goodwill gesture towards the Danish government and people," ministry spokesman Reynald Doiron said.  :D  :D  :D

What? No Freedom Pastries? :D

Gorak, you took the words right out of my mouth... :D

Tim Horton's has been an American company for some time now so it wouldn't be fitting to use them as a Canadian symbol. In fact, it is being reported in today's news that Wendy's International, the owners of Tim Horton's, is planning to sell off a number of TH outlets and close a bunch of others to halt their declining revenues improve their bottom line.

It would be more Canadian to build a summer hockey camp there. :blink:

Just put a big Canadian Tire there then. Then we can corny commercials that 'teach' us about the new "Danish Flattening WonderGizmo 2000" that uses Aquavit to crush pastries.

You might have trouble finding it since Canada does not appear to have a map. I entered the coordinates into Toporama and got the following message:

Wrong position

There is no sheet available for the chosen product.

or

Co-ordonates indicated are not inside Canadian's limits.

I hope it's not the "or" or the government department who looks after Toporama is going to be in big trouble. :blink:

I think the Danes have already put a cache there. Check at the base of the flag:

Hans Island

Can't figure out if it's 1.3 sq km or 3 sq km of rock. Even on the same page of the article it says both.

Not winter friendly I'm thinking though. I wonder if the Danish Cache Reviewer talked to Cache-Tech on this? :laughing:

Easy find. Took Aquavit, Left can of Tim Hortons (Decaf).

Took longer to get to the parking area than it took to find the cache.