Top Level Maps On Gpsmap 60 Series

damel

Is there a way to set which set of maps will be on top of the others in a GPSMap 60 series GPS? I was wondering because it seems like the City Select maps out trump all other maps and I wanted to put some custom maps above these if possible. I can make the custom maps transparent and it would be nice to see the City Select maps under it instead of the base map. Any ideas?

From the Map page, press MENU » 'Setup Map' » ENTR. One of maps you've loaded will be listed. Press MENU again, then » 'Hide City Select North A' » ENTR. You can use this procedure to hide or show any map (including the base map) that is loaded. If you have firmware 3.5 or higher, you can hide or show any set of maps. More (with a screen shot) at queston 9 of the Maps Section of the FAQ.

Yeah, I knew you could change the map but I want to leave the map there just change the top level map. ie City Select is always on top. So if say City Select and Topo USA are on a GPS and both set to 'show' City Select will always be on top of Topo USA (ie you will not be able to see Topo USA). I would like to change this so that if both are on Topo (or in my case my custom maps) will alway be on top of City Select.

Just don't forget to show the CS maps if you're using the autoroute function.  Otherwise the results get veeeeery strange.

I have done this also...bad idea!