Logging Tbs

Fledermaus

Since when is it appropriate behavior for a TB owner to log his own New TB into and/or out of a cache, where the TB's owner has never visited that cache, just to start the said TB's milage?

The online cache log specifically uses the word "Dropped", meaning to me that it was placed into the cache manually. IMHO, if a TB can be "Dropped" electronically into any cache at any time, that would be inappropriate use of a TB's function.

/\/**\/\

UPDATE:

For clarification, the TB to which I refer is not a "Personal TB" and the it's owner lives on the other side of a large body of water, a 2+ hour round trip by ferry.

Interestingly, I was in his area about two weeks ago and found one of his TBs in a cache by the ferry terminal and brought it back with me, placing it into the very same cache, mine, which is at the end of my driveway.

Edited by Fledermaus

It sounds to me like you're describing a peronal TB (here's mine).

People log their personal TB's in and out of caches as a way of tracking caching mileage. It's possible that this person you are talking about simply dropped the TB into a cache near his house just so the mileage starts from as close to home as possible.

Well, I personally have my bugs ACTUALLY visit my usual starting cache. It seems silly since I own the cache and it's only a couple miles away, it's not like I log another found and I'm only going to pull it right back out, but it's something I always do.

Now that said, I really don't care if other people do it other ways, it doesn't affect me and it not like they are getting anything extra by posting a note.

I say it falls into my "yeah, whatever' category.

Edited by BlueDeuce