Caching This Saturday

LittleBlue

Hey there hi there ho there- I've spent the last 3 weeks cooped up with a deck project and in-law entertaining and want to have some caching fun. I have logged anything for about a month- so why not add to my backlog of cache finds with a day of...caching!

I was thininking of Discovery Park, but it's so hot and I'm so tired, so how about picking a 'new' suburban/urban area with lots of caches and some good variety. How about Tacoma? I haven't cached there at all. So- who's up for it?

EDIT - changed some things into actual words... :laughing:

Edited by LittleBlue

Would be interested, but I signed up for a big 'ole, ugly company picnic on Saturday :laughing: I assume you guys have already cleared out that corner of the woods, but wanted to warn that there will be a lot of traffic in North Bend area Saturday and Sunday. :laughing:

Edited by willcall

But EraSeek- I don't wanna! :) Can't I cache without logging them- it's so tedious! Am I alone here? :laughing:

Just me coming- the girls have a swimming BD party to attend and husband is taking them, sweet guy that he is. We're doing the big company picnic for the large software company in the PNW on Sunday. NB is busy on the weekends for much of the summer I think- lots of companies have their picnics there. The girls can't wait! So back on point- yes, I can carpool. Let's figure out who needs to get back when first before we set out this time!

No specific place in Tacoma in mind- haven't cached there yet at all.

Thanks Criminal for the hiking rec- when I've recovered from working on the deck... I also want to do L&R's Lime Kiln caches this summer.

So- that's all for now! Shall we start out early?

I'm a morning kind of guy, so I'm there as early as you want to go.

As for coming back...I'm open all day and don't have to be home at all...well, eventually to sleep...but since Sunday work is done, I don't have to worry about that day.

Andrew, what about you?

Got a much needed haircut appt right smack in the middle of the day. Oh well. I need to get some things done in the am anyway.  I'll hit some later in the afternoon in the greater Seattle area.

Do you need that haircut badly enough to warrant missing a fun outing like this one, EGH? Are you looking like this now? :blink:

pe97-00-lge.jpg

Edited by Prying Pandora

sounds fun as of right now im still curious as to where were meeting earlier the beter due to the fact i may need to take off by 1500 or so... so 0730 sounded good..i did a little poking around and it seemed the area over by cheney stadium looked mildly packed if thats what anyone is looking for and it the stadium parking lot would be a really easy place to meet up at :D

RecDiver- I've been really slow catching up on the forums- Brian told me about your scare- I hope you're taking it easy and recovering! And hey- I have no problem bringing the logs to you! :D

I see there's a P&R in Kent at S 320th St & 8th Ave S Federal Way, WA 98003, US

We could meet there at 8am. Us northenders could arrange to meet up and carpool down there. Allanon- could we pick up FrodoB as well? He would like to go but doesn't do the forums. Maybe pick me up 6:45 and pick them up in Redmond/Bellevue?

Markta- where's the best place to meet up with you? Is QA closer to I90 or 520? We could pick you up at either and 405 and get you down to Kent, then we can see if we need to spread out into other cars. Cathy are you going to drive? I'd offer my vehicle, but I imagine the lack of air conditioning might be off putting :D .

Ok- I'm not going to be around the computer much this evening- most of you have my cell phone if you need to get ahold of me to figure something out.

As for *which* caches we're doing- I'm more of a follow the bozes on the screen kinda girl, so if type A people out there need to have something more solid- then plan away. I'm just interested in having a fun time exploring a place I haven't seen much of and having a nice variety of caches to hunt.

Whew- is that all?

1...Allanon- could we pick up FrodoB as well? He would like to go but doesn't do the forums. Maybe pick me up 6:45 and pick them up in Redmond/Bellevue?...

2...Cathy are you going to drive? I'd offer my vehicle, but I imagine the lack of air conditioning might be off putting :D ...

3...Ok- I'm not going to be around the computer much this evening- most of you have my cell phone if you need to get ahold of me to figure something out...

4...As for *which* caches we're doing- I'm more of a follow the bozes on the screen kinda girl, so if type A people out there need to have something more solid- then plan away. I'm just interested in having a fun time exploring a place I haven't seen much of and having a nice variety of caches to hunt...

1. OK, I'll pick you up at 6:45 and we'll go from there, but with more than 3 in my car (especially Frodo and his long legs), I recommend switching to another vehicle...maybe his? Does he have AC? If not, yours with rolled down windows would even be better than my small vehicle.

2. Or, if we'd all fit into Cathy's van, I can take us all South to switch off...

3. I'll call you...

4. OK, not sure if I'm Type A, but I'm anal retentive so I'm going to do a little planning...unless Cathy wants to do it since we're closer to her neighborhood... :D

okees well from looks of it im the opnly one from nw side of the water:P so im just looking into where/what were going to meet and from thier does anyone have any sort of idea even or what i may want to start downloading or printing off to get ahead for myself? ill be off but ill check here again around 2200ish so hopefully more info.... :D please :D

I just talked to LittleBlue, and we decided to meet at the PnR at Kent-DesMoines Road in Kent at 8:00AM. There is an archived cache that used to be there if you need coordinates. Cars, trucks, and things that stop

The entrance is on Military Road.

I am going to drive and can carry 4 passengers spread-out or 5 passengers cozy in our van. I have air conditioning with a separate control for hot folks in the rear. The only thing is that I have to bail out mid-afternoon, so someone may want to bring a car down to Tacoma that you can transfer to, so you can continue caching after we have to leave.

Got a much needed haircut appt right smack in the middle of the day. Oh well. I need to get some things done in the am anyway.  I'll hit some later in the afternoon in the greater Seattle area.

Do you need that haircut badly enough to warrant missing a fun outing like this one, EGH? Are you looking like this now? :blink:

pe97-00-lge.jpg

nah not quite. LOL! But I do have some errands in the AM ansd my barber books up fast so I get in when I can. Been going to him for over 18 years.

:blink:  LOL Jester's new cache: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...fc-c7ec43439fbb

Funny one Jester  :)

Yeah I had a little fun with it - Prying Pandora is going to have to get up real early to snag FTF on that one AND meet us at the P&R! :):P;)

Well, I've done a little research and have found there are about 75 caches in Tacoma that are active, not puzzles/webcams/locationless/event, don't have too many DNF's, and are 3*/3* or less. Do we want to remove multi's also? (That would make it 61)

Edited by The Jester
;)  LOL Jester's new cache: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...fc-c7ec43439fbb

Funny one Jester  :D

Yeah I had a little fun with it - Prying Pandora is going to have to get up real early to snag FTF on that one AND meet us at the P&R! :D:):P

And the sick thing is that I was actually briefly considering doing that! :blink:

:):D You mean you're not going to??? :D:)

Are you going to be feeling well enough to join us at all tomorrow? :D

Practicing for GeoLuau in a couple weeks, I see...but where are the grass skirts?!?! B)

Well, it's official, my foot has another blister. :anibad:

Looks like a new pair of shoes are in my future... :rolleyes:

Bummer Allanon hope it heals faster then the last one and new boots cure the problem. And the important thing is did you have fun?

Well, that's a tough question...

Sore foot, hobbling around Tacoma, dropping my recently purchased FRS/GMRS radio into Commencement Bay...  :anibad:

So, I'll say "yes", but at a cost...

I know you could go diving for the radio then make a TB out of it. :rolleyes: You could call it curse of LandRover, it seams I'm always there, of course it seams you're always there too.

I know you could go diving for the radio then make a TB out of it. ;) You could call it curse of LandRover, it seams I'm always there, of course it seams you're always there too.

If I still had my tank and regulator, I WOULD go diving to get it. :anibad:

I'd ask my brother, but he would want to charge me to do it. I might be able to talk Recdiver into doing it, but I'm sure T2A would veto it. :rolleyes:

As for that 'always there' stuff...I was even in a different vehicle this time...but as long as we're only doing it to ourselves (or each other) maybe people will still let us go with them... B)