I Hate Micros

AK0B

When looking through my list of finds it appears that most of them are micros. I hate micros. I have found them magnetize to the back of signs and under bridges, glued to the back of rocks, in knot holes in trees, in drilled holes in trees, signs, fences; in telephone booths, in steel fence posts, in chain link fence, tree branches, under rock piles, in landscaping material, in cement walls, in rotten wood doors, laying on the ground, in a gate hinge, blocking the entrance of a bird house and in cracks of a high cliffs.

Some are micro micro size, several smaller than a film can and just about every kind of film can. Breath mint boxes, match cases, key boxes, etc.

Every time I think I can not possible find a different way to do a micro cache I find there is another way.

Well it is time to go look for another one.

Those stupid little micros. I can't stand them. They just sit there, all secure in their little hiding spot, mocking me, daring me to find them when they know I can't ignore them. Little smarmy freaks of nature caching!

I refuse to hunt any more micros....ever! Or until lunchtime, whichever comes first.

I hear them calling me.....they refuse to be ignored.... "Hey! Come find me! Ha! as if you could! But you will look. You will look in that spot, and that one and that one over there, but I'm not there. I'm over here, but you're too dumb to see me. Hey, a hint would help, right? Nope, no hint for you! Hahahahaha...you'll never find me!"

Oh, I'll find you, even if it takes multiple trips and begging your creator for a hint, you little &^@%.

I'll find you.

Despite the mass of micro haters out there, I don't see a problem with them. As has been said many times before, if you don't like them, don't hunt them. That said, I find it insulting for someone to hide a micro in the middle of a forest or field and think it is a good hide. If you have an acre to hide the thing, make it a suitable size. If you are hiding it in a hundred square foot area, make me have to search that hundred square feet. :laughing:

Yea, I certainly agree . . . micros are the very best! The micro can be a much more creative hide, involve more creative technique in container-fabrication and the hunt - SUPER! Have made multiple trips to find them, the satisfaction is ultimate in the find. For my money, they are the very best . . . do more micros, you can put them anywhere.

I hate em, but can't leave them alone. I like trinkets, shiny, happy, pretty things that can't fit in them.

I hate looking for them, they are too small, and hidden in strange places, I get fustrated, desperate, mad when I can't find them. In what other scenario would I go into a park, and pick up a big smoking dog poop, hoping the Micro was underneath? But then I look at the Cache map, there they are staring at me, laughing, mocking ugg. I need a red check in that box, so back I go, crawling under bushes, reaching in gopher holes, (not recomended, can I hear you say 2 inch teeth?) looking through root systems, under picknic tables, (I still have gum in my hair.... I hope it's gum) just to find a mint tin, and log it.......hmmm, I think I know where that last one is, I'm outa here.

:laughing: I think micros are highly appropriate in urban and suburban areas where there are lots of places to attach things magnetically.

There are some great ones around where I cache.

It seems kind of redundant to place them in wilderness areas especially around trees or cover that screw up the satellite signals. :)

Micros rock! Not only do they give me something to do when I have a little while to kill, but people PAY me for the containers.

America. What a country! :)

edit: Just because I really like the USA doesn't mean that I don't appreciate you friendly shoppers in Canada and Europe. Its all good!

edit to fix spelling, grammer and suck up to the fine shoppers across the pond and way up there.

Edited by sbell111
I hear them calling me.....they refuse to be ignored.... "Hey! Come find me! Ha! as if you could! But you will look. You will look in that spot, and that one and that one over there, but I'm not there. I'm over here, but you're too dumb to see me. Hey, a hint would help, right? Nope, no hint for you! Hahahahaha...you'll never find me!"

Oh, I'll find you, even if it takes multiple trips and begging your creator for a hint, you little &^@%.

I'll find you.

This is kinda scary. VGH, you're still on your meds right? :laughing:

:)

I hear them calling me.....they refuse to be ignored....  "Hey!  Come find me!  Ha!  as if you could!  But you will look. You will look in that spot, and that one and that one over there, but I'm not there.  I'm over here, but you're too dumb to see me.  Hey, a hint would help, right?  Nope,  no hint for you!  Hahahahaha...you'll never find me!"

I'll find you.

This is kinda scary. VGH, you're still on your meds right? :laughing:

:lol:

You outta read some of my posts in Cheers (in the Off topic, for those Premium Members). Heck, for that matter read some of any of the posts in Cheers :)

You outta read some of my posts in Cheers (in the Off topic, for those Premium Members).  Heck, for that matter read some of any of the posts in Cheers  :laughing:

VGH, I have and I'm beginning to think I need to get back on my meds. :) Some of those topics are hard to follow. :lol:

:lol:

Eh, even with meds many of them don't make any sense, thats all part of the fun :lol:

Micros :unsure: some love them :unsure: and some, well some hate them :unsure: . I recently was in northern Florida and discovered that they seem to have an affliction that requires them to hide many micros and in some of the most amazing areas, where you must use stealth :anicute: , camaflouge :laughing: and just plan luck to find them. I have to say that after that I have found that there are many areas that really wouldn't allow for a container other than a micro. I plan to use my new found knowledge to place some challenging but rewarding in the area that they will be placed. I sure wish I could just slip out for a moment or two and grab the cache not far from my house, oh yeah I tried and will have to return again for a second try, or third :rolleyes: .

If you have an acre to hide the thing, make it a suitable size.

Good idea! I think I'll go hide my uncle's '73 Cadillac as a GIANT cache, somewhere in his 40-acre wheat field. But, just to add some sport, I'll make it the first stage of a multi-, hiding the keys in a MICRO in his 25-acre hay field! BWAHAHAHAHA!

If you have an acre to hide the thing, make it a suitable size.

Good idea! I think I'll go hide my uncle's '73 Cadillac as a GIANT cache, somewhere in his 40-acre wheat field. But, just to add some sport, I'll make it the first stage of a multi-, hiding the keys in a MICRO in his 25-acre hay field! BWAHAHAHAHA!

:laughing: Post the pictures of your blistered behind after uncle finds out.

Probably when he tries to harvest.

Maybe you can limp around and place some micros. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: I think I am about to swear off micros. The Tri-cities area of East TN. is getting eaten up with them. If there is a lamppost, there is probably a micro on it. Gas stations, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc.______ (you fill in the blank). The only thing that is not taken are the police station and court house parking lots. I keep praying that someone will try it and get 5 to 10 years (must serve 80%). Just kidding.

On the serious side, micros have a real place in geocachjing but more and more new caches in our area are the Altoids containers with a magnet glued to the bottom and placed randomly on any ol' lightpost. Maybe it is just us but lately, interest has lessened in geocaching because of the "Attack Of The Unenlightened Micros". Careful, it may be playing in your local theater (town) soon. ;)

I hate micros. Most of them are a caching cowardly way to avoid being creative enough to hide something more substantial. What's more, they take up potentially cool/interesting spots so that someone with more ingenuity can no longer place a "real cache" in this area. There are some creative and appropriate micros out there, but most of them are just a lazy way to get credit for a cache placement. :rolleyes:

Well this thread started out as tongue-in-cheek and has regressed to compaining. What I see is those that are really complaining, haven't put out many caches and also aren't out there putting out regular caches in all those good spots. Those spots were available before the micros were placed. Do I like micros? You bet. Do I place them, I sure do. But mine aren't for those that are looking for a quick grab and go. For those that like micros, come and try a few of mine. The following is a quote from GeoSar, "Some will make your brain itch." :rolleyes:

Well this thread started out as tongue-in-cheek and has regressed to compaining.  ...

Perhaps it would be better if the people who would like to express actual angst regarding micros participated in the current ongoing micro-hating thread and left this thread to posters who want to stick to the 'bit of humor' hinted at in this thread's title. :rolleyes:

Edited by sbell111

Perhaps it would be better if the people who would like to express actual angst regarding micros participated in the current ongoing micro-hating thread and left this thread to posters who want to stick to the 'bit of humor' hinted at in this thread's title. :rolleyes:

:anibad: If you keep this kind of reality based posting up you may have to be re diagnosed as legally sane and you will lose your meds. B)

:rolleyes: I think I am about to swear off micros. The Tri-cities area of East TN. is getting eaten up with them. If there is a lamppost, there is probably a micro on it. Gas stations, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc.______ (you fill in the blank). The only thing that is not taken are the police station and court house parking lots. I keep praying that someone will try it and get 5 to 10 years (must serve 80%).

Ummm..... too late in metro Daytona.The Daytona Beach Police Department officers love watching people go for this one from their office windows.... and this one is hidden in the middle of the Ormond Beach Police Department's parking lot. At least that one was hidden by an officer (one that has been afraid to do Agent K's caches for fear of being arrested by clueless DBPD officers.)