My Personal Geocoin Artwork Is Ready

Lemon Fresh Dog

Hello all!

I am pleased to announce my very first geocoin - which will, in fact, not be a coin at all, but rather a GEO-Bone! (the word DOG in my handle should be a clue).

6ACP-00239.jpg

Here is a link to the final artwork. It will be submitted (potentially after slight modifications) and then - into production it goes!

I'm interested in trading these for older geocoins which I do not have, odd or rare geocoins, but most of all -- personal geocoins!

The artwork on the web

My coin collection:

Coin Collection

It will still be a couple months before these are minted (maybe sooner -- I think they said 6-8 weeks after art approval)

But.. I am starting a list of would-be traders now, so that I know who wants one.

Please e-mail me at:

LFDOG@bergdoll.net

Subject Geobone Trade

What you want to trade

Your address for mailing

Thanks! I hope folks like it.

Of course, you can also get one by visiting selected caches! I DO plan to make this my signature leave-behind item on caches I really like.

Very nice looking coin. But I have an opinion on something. Please don't take it negatively, just something stood out to me.

While all the letters in GEOCACHING.COM are capitalized, the "G" and the "C" are larger in size than the rest of the letters. That seems to give the impression that it is actually capitalized this way - "GeoCaching", which of course is not one of the three accepted method of capitalization. I believe the three methods are "geocaching", "GEOCACHING", and "Geocaching".

Maybe it is just me. If it is, feel free to slap me with a fish. :(

And coinsandpins are great. Very fast turnaround, you won't be disappointed.

Hello all,

I will e-mail everyone that e-mails me very soon. What I am looking for righ now is the "list of interested folks". Basically, if you e-mail me, I will automatically assume you want a coin and set one aside for you. We can then work out the details of the trade.

For those that don't have anything I am missing or do not have a personal coin, I will still trade for something at this point (if I wind-up with a duplicate coin or two I'll be able to place the duplicates into caches).

So, I will e-mail everyone that replied very soon. For now, assume that if you have e-mailed me you are on the "list"

So far, I have about 20 or so e-mails and that is within the amount of coins I am setting aside as "traders".

I'll trade with you.

Cool!

Just a heads-up to all that have e-mailed and PM'd etc. I'll get a list together real soon, but basically, if you have sent me a note, I have reserved a coin from the number I am getting minted.

Also, if I already have one of your personal coins, then you are on the list sort of "automatically" -- I figure if you were able to trade a personal with me when I didn't have one I'd be remiss not to save one of my personals for you!

For those that do not have personal coins -- also do not worry. I will reserve a coin for you and we will work out a trade. For exactly what I do not know, ideally for something I do not have (I also ordered most of the new issues that could be bought etc), but again, you are on the list.

Finally, if you traded with me in the past, I am fully intending to continue trading with you -- so agian, we'll work something out.

That covers pretty much all the coins I plan to trade (I plan to have a bunch for caches etc). So, what I am really looking for now are personal coins mostly -- and ones that I can't get anymore -- USA 2003, 2004, etc.

Thank you to everyone responding -- I appreciate your positive comments! I sort of have been a little flooded and promise to e-mail everyone back.

The coin and idea is awesome, but it would look cool to have added your dog running or playing on the back between the numbers....

Okay. I have sent this to the maker as a request becuase it sounds like a cool idea.

Also, I have had requests at the local forum here in Calgary to add a "bump" on the coin so that it could be attached to a keychain or even a dog collar!

So the final may see some slight variation (I was hesitant to post the image prior to the coin, but now am very glad that I did).

That is one cool coin! Is it true they did not charge extra for the unusual shape? If so, was the die charge higher than "normal"? I can't imagine it doesn't cost them extra to make a custom shape, but I suppose if it's a cast coin, a custom mold is still a just a mold, each one is unique anyway.

We're currently designing the 2006 GOWT coin, and are looking at ways to make it unique!

Well, its now final and ready to begin minting sometime next week!

Thank you to all for suggestions. The following changes have been made to the GEO-BONE!

1) www.geocaching.com is no longer in mixed font

2) There is a little circle on the top -- you can now attach it to your keychain, dog collar, or give it as a fine piece of jewlery! :lol:

3) There is a dog playing on the field in front of the mountains

You can look at www.coinsandpins.com under MISC if you wish to see it.

There will be 200 coins minted. Numbers will be from LF001 to LF199 and one special coin numbered LF360 (which is a gift to a cacher)

Anyhow -- I am still sorting out all the e-mails and will get a list ASAP and reply to those that sent me notes. There are still a few coins out there I do not have, so some standard trades will work. Otherwise, I still am trying to get personal coins.

Many, many, many folks have asked to trade for state coins, city coins and such. While I would like to do so, I may have to limit some of these trades (sorry). I'll respond to all the e-mails once I have the coins in my possessiona and get the list compiled.

So.... if you have a personal coin, or some unusual coin, please let me know if you want to trade -- likely we can do a trade. If you have more standard coins, then I'll definately see what I can do, but may not be able to trade (sorry...really I am)

Note: if I already have your personal coin, then I will trade for pretty much anything as I feel obligated to get one of these to you. Also, the first 50 or so folks that responded are good to go. If you read back in this thread you'll see a post where I basically state that. (basically June 28th and 29th backwards)

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog
You can look at www.coinsandpins.com under MISC if you wish to see it.

There will be 200 coins minted. Numbers will be from LF001 to LF199 and one special coin numbered LF360 (which is a gift to a cacher)

Your Lemon Fresh Bone Coin Looks really cool!

Im sure Jeff will be very happy when he see's a coin with 360 on it.

If he ever comes back to Michigan, Jeff might see a MiGO coin with the number 360 on it.

If you read back in this thread you'll see a post where I basically state that. (basically June 28th and 29th backwards)

June? or July!

From the link on the misc section of the www site, it appears that I could order 200 of your coins directly from the manufacturer (and a few other geocoins as well!). Is that really how those coins are set up?

Edited by pdxmarathonman

Opps -- I mean July.

It does appear that you could order coins, but you can't! They set it up this way so that I can pay via CC on the Internet.

There will be NO follow-up orders and nobody but me can order. I *may* do a geobone version 2 when I run out, but I want to keep the numbers of any one design lower to make them even more special.

They are in production! They went into production last night and I am scheduled to recieve the geobones on 21-24 days -- whoo -- hoooo!

Here are the folks that I have coins set aside for. If the trade was for a personal, then it's a done deal. If the trade was for something else, then we still have to figure out what that something else will be -- but I am holding a coin for you and we'll figure it out. (I have most state, country, etc coins that are out recently, but I don't mind holding a coin for you until you have something I need)

3 Happy Campers

Atlantagal

Blazerfan

Blindavocado

bluegillfisherman

Cav Scout

Dliming

donbadabon

facedances

GrandpaKim

Hammerjane

joefrog

Kealia

Ladybug Kids

Ladygeocacher

Mangenho

Mauison

Moun10Bike

MrCoGeo

Nurse Dave

Pepper

pdxmarathonman

PghLooking

Rupert2

Sgt Stitches

Shopper99

silvermarc ?

Spenderb

Stunod

Team CoyChev

Team PEZ

Team Shydog

Team Tigger International

Team Tillery

Teamtecmage

VA Cache

YemonYime

There are a few folks that I do not have geocaching names for but am holding a coin for -- you may be above - so please let me know):

Amber

David C

Maggie H

Cliff F

Andrea L

Will N

Locals (the ussual suspects)

Ibycus -- well, Erwin actually

Nicolo

XRN95

assorted "others"

Kind cachers from afar (folks that took time to meet or trade with me when I was on business trips - no good deed goes unpunished -- you get a FREE lemon fresh geobone!)

KC0GRN

KF6JAX

Not on the List? PLEASE, send me an e-mail, but I really need the subject (or somewhere in the body) to say "geobone" in it. I sort the e-mails on this keyword. Also, I need your Geocaching name.

I'm still very interested in trading for personal coins I do not have -- so don't be shy!

For those interested: There are 200 of my coins produced in total. 51 of these are in an antique gold finish and are for my placed caches and my milestone caches (don't read my stats ;) !! -- I have a 4 year old and a new baby -- so my time to cache is limited!!!).

The rest (149 are for trading and regular caching) -- I sort of devided these as 49 to trade now, 50 to trade during the year, and 50 to place into caches when I am travelling -- plus a few locals.

I'll post scans of the actual coins when they arrive. Again, you can visit www.coinsandpins.com to see the final design under MISC. -- you cannot buy them (only I can), but you get to see what I spent! :lol::huh:

Here's the final list of folks. I'm two weeks away from having these in my hands and then will be contacting all the folks below for the shipping address and to confirm the trades. Again, if it is personal to personal it's a done-deal. For the two or three of you whom I already had a personal, we are also good. For anyone else, we will still need to finalize something, but I am holding a coin in your name.

2Bugs

3 Happy Campers

9Key

Atlantagal

Blazerfan

Blindavocado

bluegillfisherman

Camp Explorer

CAV Scout

DaMenice

Dhobby1

Dliming

donbadabon

f0t0m0m

facedances

GrandpaKim

Hammerjane

JayBee

joefrog

Kealia

Ladybug Kids

Ladygeocacher

LightningJeff

LoriDarlin

M&M Hunters

Mangenho

Mauison

Moun10Bike

MrCoGeo

Nurse Dave

pdxmarathonman

Pepper

PghLooking

Rupert2

Sgt Stitches

Shopper99

silvermarc ?

Smokey and the Teacher

Spencerb

Stuck on WGS84

Stunod

Team CoyChev

Team Nazgul

Team PEZ

Team Shydog

Team Tillery

Teamtecmage

VA Cache

Vargseld

YemonYime

Glad to see my name on the list....we do have a deal cooking.

Anything you can tell me about shipping to Canada? Like things not to do?

I think I remember someone saying not to label it as a coin because you can't ship coins from the US to Canada. When I sent my geocoins to Canada I labeled them as novelty tokens and they always got there fine.

Edited by Mauison

I think I remember someone saying not to label it as a coin because you can't ship coins from the US to Canada. When I sent my geocoins to Canada I labeled them as novelty tokens and they always got there fine.

Oooo, that's some good advice. Thanks!

Hello there! (sorry for the delay -- I was out of Internet range placing some VERY coin-heavy caches on northern Vancouver Island).

Shipping to Canada -- I think the best thing for the label is "Novelty Token" and "Gift" as the contents. After all -- I'm "gifting" a coin to YOU in exchange for the "gift" of a coin back :D

I just sent about 40 Silver Calgary coins to the USA and did label many of them as coins -- the only problem was one person recieving a torn envelope and no coin :D

I'm getting pretty excited as my coins are really, really close to being here! The time estimate was 20-24 days and I ordered them sometime around the 12th of August -- so ..... soon, soon, soon!

I ship coins to Canada every time a new one comes out and haven't had a problem yet labeling them coins and gift.

I ship coins to Canada every time a new one comes out and haven't had a problem yet labeling them coins and gift.

Because currency is not supposed to go through the mail, I've been using "Geocaching Tokens" and "gift" on the customs forms to Canada and Europe. Good to know that "coin" works too, since not all customs officials will know what "Geocaching" is.

Whooo-- Hooooo!

They're ready early! Scheduled to ship tomorrow (31st) and should be here in 1-2 days -- except I imagine customs will spend some time looking at them and seeing how cool they are.

Anyhow. This means that I need addresses! For everyone on the list below - please send me your address so I can at least get all the mailers ready (some of you already have -- so that's okay). I know that some of you haven't worked out specific trades, but I'm still going to hold a geo-bone for you until we work something out.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ---

Set the subject of your e-mail as: Geo-bone trade address confirmation

The subject body should then have your actual address and BOTH your REAL name and you GEOCACHING Handle.

You can send this to caching@bergdoll.net

PLEASE follow the above guidelines as I get several hundred e-mails from students, etc, etc everyday and must use a filter to file these properly.

1MarkyMark1

2Bugs

3 Happy Campers

9Key

Atlantagal

Blazerfan

Blindavocado

bluegillfisherman

Camp Explorer

CAV Scout

Cyclops and Son of Cyclops

DaMenice

Dhobby1

Dliming

f0t0m0m

facedances

GrandpaKim

Hammerjane

JayBee

joefrog

Kealia

Kilted Cacher

Ladybug Kids

Ladycacher

LightningJeff

LoriDarlin

M&M Hunters

Mangenho

Mauison

Moun10Bike

MrCoGeo

Nurse Dave

pdxmarathonman

Pepper/Team Super Genius

PghLooking

Rupert2

Sgt Stitches

Shopper99

silvermarc ?

Smokey and the Teacher

Spencerb

Stuck on WGS84

Stunod

Team CoyChev

Team Nazgul

Team PEZ

Team Shydog

Team Tillery

Teamtecmage

VA Cache

Vargseld

Windrose

YemonYime

Thanks to all that have agreed to trade -- I am looking forward to your coins and hope that the geo-bone is something special for your collection. You can always attach it to a loved pet (there is a little circle at the top for attaching to collars, keychains, or TB Tags)