Is There A Need To Be So Rude?

My guess?  I think Carleen finally flipped her lid.  :(

I confess it is me and that is my sock puppet. I also sincerely apologize and accept all of your apologies. Send me beer now please...... :(:(

Your sockpuppet ... oh-kay, apologies accepted, MadMarty.

Jan

Edited: gosh, I can't even spell right any more, my belly hurts from all the laughing too.

Edited by JanniCash
I have apologised to welch on page 7 and in private, as I am big enough to do something like that.
A tip of the hat to you for that. Sincerely. Your posts seem to be well thought out in this topic. It is refreshing. You have an opinion and state it very well. Well done.

Perhaps Jeremy may want to say something, then close this thread as it is now an attack on Mad Marty, and that is against forum guidelines.

I will disagree with you on this one. MadMarty has attacked everyone on this site repeatedly in this topic. I know its tough, but you would need to read the whole thing.

Darn...I can't think of his name...from Canada though.

El Diablo

Jomorac5? The guy with the greenish satellite avatar?

J5 is a good guess, but I suspect the initial subject matter was too trivial for J5 to waste a nice clean sock on.

I'll bet a hiking staff on it.

El Diablo

That's a good one. I guess it never occured to you that Jeremy might be blowing smoke?

But then, you seem like the type who would believe whatever Jeremy tells you, so go ahead and believe what you want. I know the truth, and so does Jeremy.

In a general he-said, she-said situation, usually the one with more clout is the one that is well trusted. since your account is a n00b account and you have never posted in the forums, I think we can figure out who can stand on top in this case.

Also, it wasn't as though I was "losing" here, so there was no need. Someone brought up the question and some computer forensics revealed that it was your account.

Yet you keep posting.

That's a good one. I guess it never occured to you that Jeremy might be blowing smoke?

But then, you seem like the type who would believe whatever Jeremy tells you, so go ahead and believe what you want. I know the truth, and so does Jeremy.

In a general he-said, she-said situation, usually the one with more clout is the one that is well trusted. since your account is a n00b account and you have never posted in the forums, I think we can figure out who can stand on top in this case.

Also, it wasn't as though I was "losing" here, so there was no need. Someone brought up the question and some computer forensics revealed that it was your account.

Yet you keep posting.

I got a hiking staff bet that it's J5. Help me out here.

You can answer in PM and I promise not to tell.

El Diablo

El Diablo

J5 is a good guess, but I suspect the initial subject matter was too trivial for J5 to waste a nice clean sock on.

El Diablo

Based on Jeremy's last comments, I now suspect you're right.

Shame, even when I didn't agree with J5, and even when I knew he was just stirring up doots, I always respected his debating skills.

I guess not having any worthy opponents for so long has caused them to atrophy.

Yet you keep posting.

I got a hiking staff bet that it's J5. Help me out here.

You can answer in PM and I promise not to tell.

El Diablo

I'd take you up on that bet, El Diablo, if you were to agree. The cost of a hiking stick vs you making me one.

I don't think it's J5 at all. I've read a lot of J5's stuff the past few years (on a different forum) and this isn't J5.

Plus, J5 wouldn't be so dumb as to say he's in BC.

Excuse me? I don't think so. You should stop telling lies.

There's no excuse for it, MadMarty. I have allowed your other account to exist unbanned on the site for over a year now because you decided to play nice. I'm going to give you two options.

1. Stop using your MadMarty account and refrain from posting in the forums again.

2. Have your other account, this one, and your static IP banned.

If you were just a concerned citizen I'd take it as such, but it is far more reprehensible to be a bald faced liar here in the forums (and a troll). Your actions are pathetic and beneath which I would normally consider a strong debater.

You obviously have me mistaken with someone else.

I have apologised to welch on page 7 and in private, as I am big enough to do something like that.
A tip of the hat to you for that. Sincerely. Your posts seem to be well thought out in this topic. It is refreshing. You have an opinion and state it very well. Well done.

Perhaps Jeremy may want to say something, then close this thread as it is now an attack on Mad Marty, and that is against forum guidelines.

I will disagree with you on this one. MadMarty has attacked everyone on this site repeatedly in this topic. I know its tough, but you would need to read the whole thing.

Thankyou for your comments, It is starting to appear that I am the pawn of a troll, as no one has actually attacked my posts, I do hope that I am wrong however.

This still doesn't change my view on Jeremy at the moment though.

There's no excuse for it, MadMarty. I have allowed your other account to exist unbanned on the site for over a year now because you decided to play nice. I'm going to give you two options.

1. Stop using your MadMarty account and refrain from posting in the forums again.

If you were just a concerned citizen I'd take it as such, but it is far more reprehensible to be a bald faced liar here in the forums (and a troll). Your actions are pathetic and beneath which I would normally consider a strong debater.

That sure would suck if he was wrong and your account gets banned anyway.

Not really, though.

El Diablo

El Diablo

Based on Jeremy's last comments, I now suspect you're right.

Shame, even when I didn't agree with J5, and even when I knew he was just stirring up doots, I always respected his debating skills.

I guess not having any worthy opponents for so long has caused them to atrophy.

I still don't think it is J5. That would be quite a bit of skill loss. He wouldn't get stuck saying the same thing over and over and over either.... But I don't read his little corner of the world much anymore, so I lack knowledge of his current debate skills. I still just don't see it though.

You couldn't let it go, could you? Your account has been banned and your other accounts have been banned as well. Do keep in mind in the future that you should work on better ways to hide your tracks. If you apologize via the contact address I may release your original account.

He's BEGGING to be outed!

Help him out here. It might be cathartic.

El Diablo

El Diablo

Nah, J5 is a little brighter and eloquent. Can't be Duane because I think he's banned, though it sounds like him. Maybe Dagg or perhaps Curious George?

You couldn't let it go, could you? Your account has been banned and your other accounts have been banned as well. Do keep in mind in the future that you should work on better ways to hide your tracks. If you apologize via the contact address I may release your original account.

:( now we may never know :(

Didnt Jeremy (and most of the rest of us) already say Jeremy was a rude jerk? Even when we agree with you, you can find something to argue about.

Oh and my guess as to the sockpuppet - Creekfalls90, they have the same "logic"

Nah Creekfalls90 is too busy enabling, disabling, or just plain moving his cache to be here today.

He's BEGGING to be outed!

Help him out here. It might be cathartic.

You can look up suspect's names and see who was just banned. :(

Thankyou for your comments, It is starting to appear that I am the pawn of a troll, as no one has actually attacked my posts, I do hope that I am wrong however.

This still doesn't change my view on Jeremy at the moment though.

I don't think anyone is connecting Haggis Hunter to Mad Marty. Haggis Hunter, you have conducted yourself within the normal boundaries of forum behavior. I respect your right to hold an opinion that differs from my own.

Marty, however, is just plain fun. It is a whole 'nuther level.

I do feel that it's inappropriate to speculate about who Marty might really be, unless Jeremy chooses to share that information, which I doubt he will.

Edited by The Leprechauns
Didnt Jeremy (and most of the rest of us) already say Jeremy was a rude jerk? Even when we agree with you, you can find something to argue about.

Oh and my guess as to the sockpuppet - Creekfalls90, they have the same "logic"

Nah Creekfalls90 is too busy enabling, disabling, or just plain moving his cache to be here today.

:(:(:( And painting it yellow...and making sockpuppets to log it

No parting shot here. Just locking the account since MadMarty can no longer post. It would be unfair at this point to continue the thread.

I didn't take that as a parting shot. However, I still find you extremely rude a lot of the time. Not many businesses tell their customers not to be greedy. I'd post a link but I'm felling lazy today. This caching under the radar is actually quite a refreshing change. Rules? We don't need no steenking rules! Sorry, guidelines.

How come you people never answer my email. That is quite rude too.

Happy (early) Thanksgiving!

1987.jpg

"Time to move on -- our work here is done."

"Time to move on -- our work here is done."

<_<

MadMarty, I accept your apology. Yes, we all know you were totally incorrect. We appreciate you creating another sock puppet account to come back and remind us how totally wrong you were by starting this topic to begin with.

Oh, you want me to close the topic? Sure. Apology accepted.

And thanks; I accept your apology.