Is There A Need To Be So Rude?

dadgum guys...

Without taking sides on this matter, I have noticed these forums to often have a snotty tone to them, from a lot of different posters. I haven't seen this type of problem in other forums I belong to. Most of us are adults here, right?

So why is it that so many times on thes forums, peoples posts don't represent that maturity?

Now is the part where everyone sharpens their axes and pitchforks, and chases me into the hills screaming "Love it or leave it".

I really like it here, but I think if people were less snarky, and more helpful... it would do us all some good. I am not directing that comment at any one person, just us Geocachers as a whole.

Wow, what forums do you frequent? I need to go hang out there if they are less angst filled that this one!

From my experiences in other forums, this one is quite tame. In any of the other forums that I've been part of, the OP would have been banned from the site by the admins long ago, but not before others would question his lineage, call his mother some not nice things, and just be truely rude all around.

Marty...Here's how I see it.

Are you a premium member?

express your displeasure with Jeremy through a pm, telling him why you either are not a premium member, or will not be renewing your membership, and let it go at that.

save some face.

Yes. Let us get back to work.

yeah, any of you all workin' fer the gov'mint....?

I.e my tax dollars NOT at work.....?

As for your comment about my IQ (which I know and am comfortable with)...

Why wouldn't you be comfortable with it? You're too stupid to know any different. :(

Now you call people stupid?

Troll

But he used a smilie, so it doesn't count. :(

Kinda like me saying MadMarty is an annoying idiot :(

See...the smilie makes it OK. :(

Edited by Stunod
dadgum guys...

Without taking sides on this matter, I have noticed these forums to often have a snotty tone to them, from a lot of different posters.

Perhaps it's because the owner of this forum sets the sarcastic and rude mood?

how many threads does Jeremy start?

Why wouldn't you be comfortable with it? You may be too stupid to know any different. :(

And you claim you know rudeness in others, never are rude to others and then post garbage like this. :(

Still, not holding my breath...

Why wouldn't you be comfortable with it? You may be too stupid to know any different. :(

Troll

No. I didn't call any people stupid.

Edited by MadMarty
Fun is watching this thread get bigger and wasting yet another 10 minutes of my employer's dime

:(

Wasting?!?!?!?

You got llamas, didn't you? How can that be time wasted?

llama2.gif

if it werent for the llamas i wouldnt be here of course!!! :(

dadgum guys...

Without taking sides on this matter, I have noticed these forums to often have a snotty tone to them, from a lot of different posters.

You don't need to start a thread to create the mood of the thread.

Just as you don't need to be rude to get your point across.

MadMarty,

I promise you two things:

1) Nothing you post will ever change the way Jeremy responds to people in the forum; and

2) If it is something that truly upsets you, and not just trolling, life will be better if you let it go, and enjoy caching without the forums.

From Someone Who Knows,

Pan

dadgum guys...

People like you set the mood for rudeness.

dadgum guys...

Without taking sides on this matter, I have noticed these forums to often have a snotty tone to them, from a lot of different posters. I haven't seen this type of problem in other forums I belong to. Most of us are adults here, right?

So why is it that so many times on thes forums, peoples posts don't represent that maturity?

Now is the part where everyone sharpens their axes and pitchforks, and chases me into the hills screaming "Love it or leave it".

I really like it here, but I think if people were less snarky, and more helpful... it would do us all some good. I am not directing that comment at any one person, just us Geocachers as a whole.

This is actually one of the tamest forums I have seen. All internet forums have a variety of personalities. There are some where the personalities are pretty extrememe and there are tons of flaming. Others will sometimes look squeaky clean because they are quitely but heavily moderated. This one falls in between and I think tends to have about the right tone. Although I find Off Topic to be the most fun. :(

Plus angst keeps it interesting. Seriously, it would be boring if everyone was completely agreeable all the time.

I do think the OP of this thread though really does need to take a breather. I haven't seen llama action like what we have now in a long time. Of course normally I think this thread would have been locked by a moderator by now too though.

dadgum guys...

Follow your own advice. Cut the rudeness.

dadgum guys...

No, it is because most of us geocachers are stupid, arrogant jerks. You of course being the exception ... a half-smart, arrogant jerk.

TFTF ... back to work.

Jan

And you claim you know rudeness in others, never are rude to others and then post garbage like this. :(

What's your problem? Using Jeremy's logic, I should be able to be as rude as those with whom I am responding.

Troll

True, not "any people" but several individuals.

Why wouldn't you be comfortable with it? You're too stupid to know any different. :(

Troll

I call then angst avoidance tools. Exclamation points help too!!!!! :D:D:(

Amount spent on premium membership: nothing

Total caches found: 1 traditional

Days on Geocaching.com: 14

Posts in forums: 41

Telling the owner of the website that he needs to appoligize for something noone else really seems that miffed about and making a complete fool of yourself in the process while showing you just don't get it: PRICELESS

Troll

I call then angst avoidance tools. Exclamation points help too!!!!! :D:D:(

You sure do use the word "angst" a lot. Have you noticed that?

Telling the owner of the website that he needs to appoligize for something noone else really seems that miffed about and making a complete fool of yourself in the process while showing you just don't get it: PRICELESS

Yes!

dadgum guys...

This is actually one of the tamest forums I have seen. All internet forums have a variety of personalities. There are some where the personalities are pretty extrememe and there are tons of flaming. Others will sometimes look squeaky clean because they are quitely but heavily moderated. This one falls in between and I think tends to have about the right tone. Although I find Off Topic to be the most fun. :(

Plus angst keeps it interesting. Seriously, it would be boring if everyone was completely agreeable all the time.

I do think the OP of this thread though really does need to take a breather. I haven't seen llama action like what we have now in a long time. Of course normally I think this thread would have been locked by a moderator by now too though.

We still have plenty of llamas, though, if we need them. :(:(

Troll

True, not "any people" but several individuals.

so you are implying the the person you said was too stupid is not a person?

Troll

Kinda like me saying MadMarty is an annoying idiot :D

See...the smilie makes it OK. :D

I call then angst avoidance tools. Exclamation points help too!!!!! :D:(:(

Really? No I never noticed....... :(

Take a look at my sig line.......

:(:(:(

And all 41 in this thread?

Troll

Kinda like me saying MadMarty is an annoying idiot :D

See...the smilie makes it OK. :D

I call then angst avoidance tools. Exclamation points help too!!!!! :D:(:(

Yes, Carleen . . . have you noticed that? :(

Maybe a llama would help.

llama_smile_big.jpg

What's your problem? Using Jeremy's logic, I should be able to be as rude as those with whom I am responding.

My problem? It's people like you who complain about something, claiming it shouldn't be used, then using it themselves. Why not use 'your logic' and stop being rude, which you CLAIM shouldn't be used and doesn't need to be used. If you are against it, take the high road and avoid it. If you don't you are what others have said - A TROLL!

Just having joined, you don't know Jeremy's logic.

I've seen a few people say that Jeremy responds with like-minded comments. Are those people all wrong too? Or perhaps they're merely as rude and short-sighted as Jeremy?

Sorry guys, I'm just getting here. WOW! Seems I missed the main event and it's time to clean up. Sounds like someone needs a hug!

First Mad :( Marty, (Screen name seems to fit), first, If you have a problem with Jeremy or anyone else, you should have taken it up with them, personally. Email or send a PM to them, him, and work it out amoungst yourselves. You put this out here for all to see and then get thin skin when others jump at the chance to defend the site that they too, love/admire/hate/favor/savor and generally seek mucho enjoyment from. If you were seeking others to join in your fight for the repressed, you might have chosen another tactic. (He didn't choose wisely ... Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom), hence, you're in the cross hairs.

Second, never argue with someone smarter than you are. Don't go to their turf. I don't know what nuetral ground there is out there but this wasn't the place to try to make your point and it be taken seriousily.

Third, get over it. Get a beer and let it go. It wasn't your fight to begin with.

All comments and views are not representive of this station or it's commercial clients. No purchase neccessary. See store for details. etc etc.

Why wouldn't you be comfortable with it? You're too stupid to know any different. :P

Troll

Kinda like me saying MadMarty is an annoying idiot :P

See...the smilie makes it OK. B)

I call then angst avoidance tools. Exclamation points help too!!!!! B):):(

Really? No I never noticed....... :(

Take a look at my sig line.......

What we need is some angst-free home brew beer ... that's the answer.

Edited by BVCY Swim
Sorry guys, I'm just getting here. WOW! Seems I missed the main event and it's time to clean up. Sounds like someone needs a hug!

First Mad :( Marty, (Screen name seems to fit), first, If you have a problem with Jeremy or anyone else, you should have taken it up with them, personally. Email or send a PM to them, him, and work it out amoungst yourselves. You put this out here for all to see and then get thin skin when others jump at the chance to defend the site that they too, love/admire/hate/favor/savor and generally seek mucho enjoyment from. If you were seeking others to join in your fight for the repressed, you might have chosen another tactic. (He didn't choose wisely ... Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom), hence, you're in the cross hairs.

Second, never argue with someone smarter than you are. Don't go to their turf. I don't know what nuetral ground there is out there but this wasn't the place to try to make your point and it be taken seriousily.

Third, get over it. Get a beer and let it go. It wasn't your fight to begin with.

All comments and views are not representive of this station or it's commercial clients. No purchase neccessary. See store for details. etc etc.

Tell him.

Third, get over it. Get a beer llama and let it go. It wasn't your fight to begin with.

Fixed. :(

Heh, heh.....this occurred to me about 4 pages ago: the Hagis guy -- on whose behalf this whole thing erupted -- probably left the forum and went out drinking or sleeping or geocaching HOURS ago.

Just having joined, you don't know Jeremy's logic.

I've seen a few people say that Jeremy responds with like-minded comments. Are those people all wrong too? Or perhaps they're merely as rude and short-sighted as Jeremy?

Now you are talking. If at first you can not get the original target to comply with your demands, change the target. Eventually you will find a target who will bow to your superior knowledge of the way to communicate properly with the utmost respect. The world will be a better place when we throw out Roberts Rules of Order and replace them with MadMarty's Method of Mayhem.