Tb Pages

Why is it that when you do a TB page you don't have the option to say its in HTML? I worked out that that doesn't matter because if you put HTML in it takes notice of it and it works.

BUT heres the problem ...

You are only allowed 5000 characters :( .

I'm trying to put a table on my page with 20 rows and embedded tables in one column per row with hyperlinks as well. This comes to well over 5000 characters.

Its not like text takes up a lot of memory so whats the reason?

Yes Skippy and Pingu really are entering the 21st century now :(

Edited by Skippy and Pingu

I found out about this problem with my 'BURGERLAR' TB. Due to its mission, I have to update it with the locations it visits and this soon became a problem.

As Deego suggested, the workround is to link to another page elsewhere, as I have done. It is then limited to the amount of space you have on your other server/ISP.

TB: Burgerlar

Check underneath "They must be Punished"

You could always link to another page from the TB, that way you can have unlimited size.

Its not an answer to "whats the reason?" but its a work around :laughing:

Yes, thought of that but we haven't progressed to having our own web pages yet! Think we have some web space with as part of our broadband package but we've not looked into it.

But as you say, its not a reason.

I'm trying to put a table on my page with 20 rows and embedded tables in one column per row with hyperlinks as well. This comes to well over 5000 characters.

I wonder why you want to do this :laughing:

Because we've got a TB in the premiership race and I wanted to put the table of all the caches it has to visit on the TB page so users don't have to go and look through all the pages on the race page. The race page is very good but you have to go to each "ground" individually to see what caches are scoring caches and I found it a bit cumbersome and I'm interested. So I thought that people just moving the TB on would find it easier if it was listed on the TB page. Then I decided that it would be nice for people to click from the list on the TB page straight through to the cache page.

Before anyone attacks me (because attacks seem to be the norm at the moment), I think the premiership page is very good :laughing: . I just wanted to do something a little different for my TB.

I believe you should have a look at this thread over on the TB forum.

Came as a bit of a surprise to me considering how many are out there !

But we weren't trying to do an automatic thing, we haven't got a clue how to even attempt such a thing :laughing:. We just wanted a table with some hyperlinks in to cache pages. You are allowed to do that. We were going to manually update the table if it needed it.