What Gps Unit Do You Own?

I use the Garmin 60cs. I bought it for the color screen, autorouting, and for the more memory. Before I had the garmin Legand and loved it. My suggection is first figure out exactly what you want and then find a gps that matches your wants/needs. Honestly, if i hadn't wanted a gps that could be used for traveling I would still be using my Legand because it had everything i needed just for geocaching. My 100 dollar Legand gets me just as close as my 300 dollar 60cs.

just my 2 cents worth

greg

I have a Garmin 60CS, an eTrex Vista and a Geko 201. I like the Vista for its compact size, easy, one handed use and solid reception and the 60CS for its color screen, auto-routing and a zillion other reasons. It is a great GPS, but might not quite fit your small to mid sized budget. Its little brother, the Map 60, might.

My wife uses the Geko 201. It is extremely easy to use and very small. Fits in your shirtpocket and is great if you are on a tight budget. It goes for about $109.

I've also been using a Lowrance iFinder H20 for the past couple of months (its on loan from Lowrance). I like it for its excellent reception under the most difficult conditions and its great topo mapping software. If I were to buy one, its price would be attractive too. Its $229 the last I looked (it was cheaper not long ago) and for about 50 bucks more you get the mapping software, memory card and a card reader. A bargain.

I also had a Magellan Meridian Gold for a month but really didn't care for it.

Mine is a Garmin GPS V. At the time it was the best on the market and had autorouting. Better GPSs have come along, but not better enough to upgrade. Maybe when the GPS VI comes out.

If you're on a budget, the GPS V is a very, very good choice. Best bang for the buck going because it comes with the mapping software. Most other units require you to pay about $100 - $120 extra for the software.

It all depends wha you want if you want a GPSr to find caches then the Garmin Yellow or an Etrex will do fine even a Geko 201, it can download waypoints. If you want something tha can autorout then one of the autorouting gpsr like the V or the 60series or even a 76CS. It all depends on what you want to do with the GPSr.

cheers

I have a handful of units I use from time to time. I would suggest the Magellan SporTrak or the eTrex Yellow for a starting unit. If you would like a few more features, then check look into the next pricier models. The important thing is how it feels and handles to you.