Pacific Nw Coin Group

KirklandExplorers

Wow, go on vacation and ignore your email for a day and the rumors start to flow :)

Here is what I want to do with this group (nicely stated by Shop99er!).

50 members who will buy 2 coins each. I anticipate the cost to be about $5 each but of course can change up or down (a buck or two) but will be sold at cost.

No limitations on who joins, only the first 50. I have heard from CA, AK, OR, WA as wanting to join. I don't care!

Produce 2 to 3 coins per year and have fun doing it. I would like to see a rotating group of 5ish help design each coin and be assigned to come up with ideas. Of course I will coordinate the minting and to smooth out the process. I want to see some really great looking coins that we will all be proud of owning.

Does that help? I will get a list together of the group and send an email to everyone on the list. Communciation will be by email of course. This forum is great to post messages but realistically we will do it through direct email and a place to post ideas (yahoo.groups?) that won't confuse the masses not in the group.

Now, your assignment, dust off your hats and start thinking of ideas...

Thanks!

So far 36 have signed up. http://www.geocities.com/rgerth2000/Coin_Club_List.xls

Please check to see if your name is on the list if you emailed me. I am going to hold off on signing up new members until I make sure I got everyone that replied than I will fill it up to 50. Each Cacher will buy 2 coins (how about 1 gold and 1 silver?).

Edited by KirklandExplorers

QUOTE (tin-ear @ Jul 30 2005, 12:07 PM)

Is this an excel file. if so I don't have excel on this 8086!

e-mail sent to KE

An 8086?!

Whoa! That's an old machine!

Exactly how are you hooking up to the net?

Lotsa tin foil and coat hangars!

Edited by tin-ear

"Gold" and "Silver" are just colors to some, and not necessarily the precious metal ones.

It appears that 'gold' means bronze colored and 'silver' is either nickel or pewter...although at some time in the future, the actual gold or silver may be used, it's not currently on the plans.

:rolleyes:

"Gold" and "Silver" are just colors to some, and not necessarily the precious metal ones.

It appears that 'gold' means bronze colored and 'silver' is either nickel or pewter...although at some time in the future, the actual gold or silver may be used, it's not currently on the plans.

:rolleyes:

Whew! Those $$$ silver Alaska coins are still fresh in my mind!

The group has been meeting over the last several days and we will be finalizing the group name by Friday evening. We also have good idea of what the first coin is going to look like.

Up to this point, only 15 of the 50 group members have logged into the group to participate in the discussion and voting process. If you want to have some say, please log in ASAP and make your voice heard!

The group has been meeting over the last several days and we will be finalizing the group name by Friday evening. We also have good idea of what the first coin is going to look like.

Up to this point, only 15 of the 50 group members have logged into the group to participate in the discussion and voting process. If you want to have some say, please log in ASAP and make your voice heard!

Perhaps there would be more participation if people knew where to go! I don't see any links to the "group" on this thread and haven't received any email about it either.