Well, Now I've Done It....

Well, now I'm in for it. Went to OfficeMax to get a black ink cartridge because ours was dead from printing out cachepages. Cartridge was something like $20, and while I was browsing, I found a Zire 21 on close out $69 brand new. :D Sure, it's not all the bells and whistles, but if I can save the hassle of paper and buying ink all too often, then I'll be a happy camper. Just have to see what else it'll do so I can easier justify it to Mrs. Old Bill..... :(

And be warned, once I gain some familiarity with the device, I'll be bumming info from you guys on how to connect it to the GPSr so I don't have to keep all the waypoints in the GPSr.

Cache you guys later!

Well, now I'm in for it. Went to OfficeMax to get a black ink cartridge because ours was dead from printing out cachepages. Cartridge was something like $20, and while I was browsing, I found a Zire 21 on close out $69 brand new. :D Sure, it's not all the bells and whistles, but if I can save the hassle of paper and buying ink all too often, then I'll be a happy camper. Just have to see what else it'll do so I can easier justify it to Mrs. Old Bill..... :(

And be warned, once I gain some familiarity with the device, I'll be bumming info from you guys on how to connect it to the GPSr so I don't have to keep all the waypoints in the GPSr.

Cache you guys later!

sorry to say this, but im pretty sure you can not connect the zire 21 to a gps, as it doesnt have a serial connection.

Congratulations! After about a 2 week learning curve you will be wondering why you did not go paperless sooner. We love cachemate!

NOTE: Make sure any PDA you get will work with your PC operating system. The newer PDAs will only work with Win 2000 and newer. Older PDAs will still work with Windows 98 and newer. Our Tungsten Es work with Win98 but the newer T5s would not .... they want Win 2k and up. :( ImpalaBob

sorry to say this, but im pretty sure you can not connect the zire 21 to a gps, as it doesnt have a serial connection.

Well crap. :( I guess I'll just have to be happy with paperless caching! :D

I was looking forward to using my GPS and PDA like a set of nunchucks tho'.... :D