Locationless Cache Search

2 CBR

A quick and easy way to determine if someone has already logged a locationless site without scrolling through thousands of logs is to:

Click on “View them all on one page”

Click Edit on the Internet Explorer toolbar

Click Find (on this page)

In the “Find what” box enter the first few digits of your West coordinate

Click find next

You will then only have to look at a few logs among thousands on some of the more popular locationless caches.

Using this method I have found that a few that I wanted to log had already been logged multiple times.

I've found that simple method works great. You can also enter the place name or some other unique word describing the item you want to check in the "Find What" box. Sometimes this will narrow it down faster, or at least it is a good way to double check. It only takes a second.

Quite often you will find several cachers have claimed the same object, probably because they were checking the logs manually and missed the object was already logged, or they just didn't want to waste the time scanning through 1000 log entries.

A quick and easy way to determine if someone has already logged a locationless site without scrolling through thousands of logs is to:

Click on “View them all on one page”

Click Edit on the Internet Explorer toolbar

Click Find (on this page)

In the “Find what” box enter the first few digits of your West coordinate

Click find next

You will then only have to look at a few logs among thousands on some of the more popular locationless caches.

Using this method I have found that a few that I wanted to log had already been logged multiple times.

Been doing that since I started doing LC caches. Glad you found out how to do a search on a webpage.

cheers