Stash Note Now Avaliable In Irish (gaelic)

klaus23

Hi everyone - on the other side of 'the water'.

I've never posted over on the regional US forums but I've chosen this one (and the New England forum serving Boston) because New York has the second-largest population of people of Irish descent within the USA.

I'm Klaus23, a founder of www.geocachingireland.com and an administrator on the geocachingireland.com forums. I thought it may be of interest that two Irish geocachers, The Quiet Man and albertw both native speakers of the Irish language, have put together a geocaching stash note written in Irish.

You can find the stash note in this forum post. There are bi-lingual (English and Irish) .pdf and word .doc's avaliable.

If this is of interest to any of you, let us know. Feel free to use the doc's on regional geocachers websites or forward them to anyone interested. The note should be listed on geocaching.com soon (hopefully)!

Also, if you are a native speaker of the Irish language, we would be interested in hearing from you in the thread on the stash note. We are looking for a proofreading and a third opinion. If you are from either Donegal or Kerry (for those of you not familiar with the language, it varies slightly in it's spoken form throughout Ireland) we would especially like to hear from you.

Regards from the 'old country' wink.gif

Klaus23