Megellan Mapsend

When you install the software it wil ask you what install method you want to do. I don't remember the exact wording, but most software will use some combination of typical vs. custom, typical vs. full or something like that. If you already have it installed I think you can just reinstall. If that doesn't work for you,then uninstall and reinstall.

Stepadery, this thread might help you,

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...99556&hl=editor

As flir67 mentioned it is a bit complicated and invloves using a hex editor to modify some binary code. I too do not like having to have to insert topo canada CD in my laptop for risk of them being scratched.

Semper Questio

I believe Stepadery wants to run the mapsend program without having to put the CD in the cdrom.

Edited by D0T-C0M
Semper Questio

I believe Stepadery wants to run the mapsend program without having to put the CD in the cdrom.

Indeed! And he answered correctly. I have done more than one installation of Mapsend, and I'm always given the choice of Typical or Complete. Typical will make you run it off the CD, Complete will place the mapdata on your HDD and does not require a CD to run.

You can load all of the map files to disk when you load the program just select Complete as pointed out previously. There is also a fix for the program asking for the CD each time you start the program. The fix requires using a HEX editor and changing the code of the Mapsend DirectRoute or Topo 3D exicutable file.

Cheers

Muddler

Regardless if you install it typical or complete you still need the cd to run the program. Maybe the author could clarify his question as there seems to be a bit of confusion.

I want to run the program without having to put the CD in. I did not want to transport the CD to and from home and work.

Stepadery, this thread might help you,

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...99556&hl=editor

As flir67 mentioned it is a bit complicated and invloves using a hex editor to modify some binary code. I too do not like having to have to insert topo canada CD in my laptop for risk of them being scratched.

Semper Questio

Yes, I do it all the time after installing it as I described.

Semper Questio

you must have an old version of Mapsend software because any of the newer products (direct route, topo canada , topo 3d) all have cd checks now. I have the old mapsend Streets and Destinations and it doesnt require a CD.

It WOULD help if the OP would tell us which flavor and version of Mapsend we're talking about.

You should be abl to get thatinfo easily enough from the menu bar by clicking

Help => About

To be clear on my info, I have Mapsend Topo 4.20d. I guess we all make assumptions based on our own experiences. :(

For No cd patches: Dr1.0+SP2(Magellan) or DR2 and Topo 3d US please find posts in Magellan_Meridian yahoo group. These patches require HEX editor to replace one byte in the mapsend.exe program. If you need programs to do it automatically, or you need no_cd patch for WWBM please contact me at www.msh-tools.com. Mikhail.