Lighthouse Challenge?

marty621

There were two lighthouse caches that I did back in January, but they have both been archived. The one was for the Twin Lights of Navasink, and here is the link: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...&log=y&decrypt=

I hope this helps you. Plus I saw a thread that mentioned 11??? lighthouses. I can only think of about six, and one of them I believe is now a private residence. They are 1)Sandy Hook Light, 2) Twin Lights of Navasink, 3) Seagirt Light (private residence now,) 4) Barnegat Lighthouse, 5) Hereford Lighthouse in North Wildwood and 6) Cape May Lighthouse. If there are others, I'm not aware of them. but then again, I'm no expert.

Marty, is this what you are looking for?

6th Annual New Jersey Lighthouse Challenge

October 15 & 16, 2005

For the sixth year in a row, the New Jersey Lighthouse Society will be sponsoring the New Jersey Lighthouse Challenge, held during the third weekend in October (October 15 & 16). In previous years, thousands of visitors have enjoyed visiting some, or even all, of the eleven land-based lighthouses in New Jersey during this weekend. On these two days, all eleven participating lighthouses will be open for visitation. Each participating site will have its own souvenir to commemorate your visit. These are compliments of the New Jersey Lighthouse Society. You must visit each lighthouse to collect them all. In addition, each visitor who presents a complete set of souvenirs will receive a special “11 Points of Light Club” souvenir. A limited supply of commemorative T-Shirts and pins will be available for purchase at several of the lighthouses.

You can find more information about the challenge here.

NJLS home page

As a caching team that does the light house challenges every year plus cahing along the way I am posting this bit of info even though one event is over for this year. There is always next year to be a triple Crown Winner.. Iam including copies of the local state lighthouse challenges.

The Triple Crown of Lighthousing!

Think You're the nation's Best Lighthouser?

Then how about trying for the Triple Crown?

The organizers of the Long Island Lighthouse Challenge, Maryland Lighthouse Challenge, and New Jersey Lighthouse Challenge "challenge" you to do all three in 2005! Anyone who completes this superhuman feat will get a special certificate (and lots of respect). Even if you don't do all three, make sure you do at least one this year Here are the dates:

Long Island: May 14-15

www.longislandlighthouses.com

Maryland: September 17-18

www.cheslights.org

New Jersey: October 15-16

www.njlhs.burlco.org

I will compile a shared cache list shortly of caches near these lights soon.

I saw mention of a multicache which had something to do with a lighthouse challenge in NJ. Does anyone know the correct name, I can't seem to find it by a keyword search.

I kicked off the idea in 2003 after seeing a brochure for the challenge. The Frantic Cachers posted a link to the original thread. Joe and I have fallen off the proverbial (geocaching) map and I never got around to setting it up. I still haven't actually gotten to do the challenge. Maybe this year...

jandm