Yellow Jeep Amnesty

LaPaglia

I have in my possession a number of yellow jeeps that are identical to the ones used by Jeep for last years contest. They do NOT have the TB tags on them.

I have an idea. To those of you that maybe holding a yellow jeep for your personal collection, I propose that you send me the tag and the chain and I will place it on one of the tag less jeeps I have and release it back into the wild to be a travel bug again. There is no need to put your return address on the letter with the tag. No need to identify yourself in anyway. Feel free to track the number of the Jeep to be assured that it returns to the caches. You do not have to do this. It would be nice to see it happen as it will return some of the jeeps back to regular cache routes to be enjoyed by all. My mailing address is at the end of this thread.

This is simply an attempt to get some more jeeps back in circulation. You do not have to participate. If you do no one will know that you did. It would be nice to see some more jeeps out there.

Forum Moderators if possible please leave this in the general forums until Tuesday 7/26/05 it can then be moved to the TB forum.

If you don't like this idea please don't flame it. Please don't flame the fact that some people have the tbs in their possession. Just let this one go and it might have better success.

Thank you

Michael LaPaglia

21666 E. powers place

Centennial, CO. 80015

It WAS tempting to keep the YJTB I found in February, and I did hold on to it too long. (I emailed the owner and told him I was holding it for a while, though. :anibad: When I did release it a local cacher was happy to log his first Jeep and I was glad to have been able to give him the opportunity.

Even though they probably will just disappear again, if LaPaglia actually gets any tags back, it may allow a few more cachers the opportunity to log a YJTB.

Good luck! (And let us know how it goes!)

I like what you're trying to accomplish La Paglia but i just dont know how well it will work.

First off, most people that have these probably intentionally kept them in the first place. They wanted the original Jeep along with the original tag. What im getting at is that i doubt if they are feeling guilty enough to want to return the tag.

Second, if they are indeed feeling guilty about keeping one and wanted to get it back out,, why wouldnt they just go to the nearest cache and anonymously place it inside. This way the Jeep would just show up all of a sudden.

Third, some may have picked one up and just plain forgot that they had it. I did that one time myself but it was certainly easy enough to apologize for keeping it so long and then get it placed back into a cache. If for some reason, i would have been embarrassed, then i would have used the procedure in #2 above..

One thing about it, you will have accomplished your goal if even one comes in. I do hope it's more though! Goodluck! ;)

Edited by Mudfrog
arg-sm-hands-clapping-fast-tr-nourl.gif

(applause)

I second that!

And hey, if you get more than a few more and would like to start spreading them further than the area by you, I'd love if you could send one to me so I could get one moving in upstate NY (especially because I'm convinced I will NEVER find one within a couple hours of where I live.) You could pm me for my address if enough come back to you to start getting them out in other areas.

arg-sm-hands-clapping-fast-tr-nourl.gif

(applause)

I second that!

And hey, if you get more than a few more and would like to start spreading them further than the area by you, I'd love if you could send one to me so I could get one moving in upstate NY (especially because I'm convinced I will NEVER find one within a couple hours of where I live.) You could pm me for my address if enough come back to you to start getting them out in other areas.

You can have the next one I get. (If I get any more)

I would like to take REGULAR bug tags and place them on Jeeps.

You can order some for this purpose, but you cannot take them off regular bugs. That would be gauche. And just plain wrong, and would probably upset just a few TB owners.

Now back to the matters at hand................