How To Go Cacheing

Hi Folks..

Well after me mishap up in me hills.. and still wanting to get in the odd cache and plant em too. So with a sturdy heart and a glint in my eye.. an a pain in the foot I decided to buy my cache mobile.

quad2.jpg

It isnt the meanest beast on the block but it gets you there. But it does have a few draw backs. Like locked gates, vibrates the hell out of yer gps.. but boy wot fun.

I can get to those places I wana.. just :anibad:

I recommend these to the wobboly club.. brilliant.. fun.. except fer bug splats!!!! and you can carry on cacheing. Well would if it wasnt fer the locked gates grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by Moss Trooper
worst of both worlds!

lacks the speed and manoverability of a real bike

lacks the protection of a cage.. sorry car

Don't think a car would get up there.. doubt my lad would take his Honda 600 cbr up that track either..

As for the rural side.. caution is the word.. familiarity breeds contempt.. spent to long test driving to be a total wasock :anibad:

But have found it to be more acceptable than yer average 4 x 4 or scrambler

worst of both worlds!

Don't think a car would get up there.. doubt my lad would take his Honda 600 cbr up that track either..

As for the rural side.. caution is the word.. familiarity breeds contempt.. spent to long test driving to be a total wasock :anibad:

Roads are meant for riding, mountains are meant for walking, if you want to ride up a mountain then get a horse.

worst of both worlds!

Roads are meant for riding, mountains are meant for walking, if you want to ride up a mountain then get a horse.

Pheonix.....I expect its comments like that, that make you so popular....NOT!

The path it's photographed on looks like a byway to me (BOTD) - however quads shouldn't be used on bridleways (unless local bylaws allow it at some times of year, as happens around here) or footpaths. Locked gates suggest the route might not be open to the general public on powered transport. Or even horse riders.

SP

Lets see Hmmmm

"hmmm, typical new driver over-confidence." As a professional test driver for 6.5. Over confidence doesn't even come into the equation..

"As for the rural side.. caution is the word.. familiarity breeds contempt" Are these the words of an over confident driver!!! I think not.

As for the horse comment.. If I wanted a horse I would get a horse..

I was a keen walker until I broke my ankle.. Using the quad to me a good comprimise, it is more acceptable to the rural community and allows me reasonable access to the countryside I happen to love.

Indeed sitting on yer quad up in the hills sharing your butties with a shepherd on his quad, while he tells you the best route to get from one place to another, brilliant.