Tennessee Geocoins!

AB4N

Hello there,

I'm a long way away from Tennessee - so it pains me to say this -shouldn't the limited coins (silver and gold) be for "locals". only?

I was thinking the same thing, but won't complain if they want to offer the gold and silver to nonlocal geocachers.

I think the TN crowd should be given the first opportunity but that is not how it is spelled out right now so modification will need to be made and soon. I was the second person to place an order but some of the TN crowd may not come here or see that they are being ordered and miss out. I think that the 25 gold may be ordered within the next hour.

It was our intention to allow a limited window of opportunity for Tennessee geocachers to have first shot at the LE coins. This fell through the cracks and we'll get that info posted to the web page.

Basically how it will work is that when the artwork is publicly released an announcement will be made that in one week orders will be taken for the LE coins at a specific time. Local cachers will have one hour to get their orders in before the thread is unlocked to the general public. Local cachers will have that whole week to prove they live in TN and be placed into a special group with access to the locked forum so they can place their order during "locals happy hour" <_<

It was our intention to allow a limited window of opportunity for Tennessee geocachers to have first shot at the LE coins. This fell through the cracks and we'll get that info posted to the web page.

Basically how it will work is that when the artwork is publicly released an announcement will be made that in one week orders will be taken for the LE coins at a specific time. Local cachers will have one hour to get their orders in before the thread is unlocked to the general public. Local cachers will have that whole week to prove they live in TN and be placed into a special group with access to the locked forum so they can place their order during "locals happy hour" :)

Dang - what about us native Tennesseans who have moved away and pine for the old home state? And who visit occasionally to geocache and visit our many relatives and friends? :)

Email me if you're a current Tennessean willing to front for me for the silver and gold coins....I'm feeling homesick.....

Basically how it will work is that when the artwork is publicly released an announcement will be made that in one week orders will be taken for the LE coins at a specific time. Local cachers will have one hour to get their orders in before the thread is unlocked to the general public. Local cachers will have that whole week to prove they live in TN and be placed into a special group with access to the locked forum so they can place their order during "locals happy hour" :D

AB4N,

Is that the purpose of adding us to the "LE Coins" usergroup?? I posted a request for some bronze coins over there and got an email yesterday saying I'd been added to this LE group. I thought WOO! Time to order LE coins.. but when I got to the forum it was still locked.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but is that how we are going to be notified of the "Secret Sale" :D on LE coins?? :(

What's up with going LE? The purpose of all of this is to have fun not, not to exclude and frusturate. If you want folks to continue to collect geocoins then make enough available so that anyone who wants one can have one. MANIPULATING the rarity and excluding collectors based on state lines is just plain wrong... :D

Perhaps the next coin I do should be available to everyone EXCEPT to residents of TN... :D

Edited by Rupert2
MANIPULATING the rarity and excluding collectors based on state lines is just plain wrong.

No it's not, it's their coin. People from Tennessee should get first dibs, and if they get em all, good for them. :( If there was enough for everyone they wouldn't be limited, would they? Then again I don't want any of the limited edition coins, so maybe that's why it doesn't bother me.

MANIPULATING the rarity and excluding collectors based on state lines is just plain wrong.

No it's not, it's their coin. People from Tennessee should get first dibs, and if they get em all, good for them. :laughing: If there was enough for everyone they wouldn't be limited, would they? Then again I don't want any of the limited edition coins, so maybe that's why it doesn't bother me.

I agree. At least with the part about they can do what they want with the coins. I would love to get some of the LE coins, but I don't think it's going to happen. I mean there are only 25 gold coins and 100 silver coins. And if the people from Tennessee don't snatch them all up in the first 10 minutes, I'll be surprised. speechless-smiley-006.gif

Well, I guess someone will get a shot at mine since I can't be there to order any LE coins. :blink: The date and time has been announced and unfortunately I will be at work then. Grrr.. There's NO WAY there will be any left by the time I get home at 1am. ;)sad-smiley-043.gifsad-smiley-046.gif

Edited by TeamZebra
What's up with going LE? The purpose of all of this is to have fun not, not to exclude and frusturate. If you want folks to continue to collect geocoins then make enough available so that anyone who wants one can have one. MANIPULATING the rarity and excluding collectors based on state lines is just plain wrong... ;)

Perhaps the next coin I do should be available to everyone EXCEPT to residents of TN... :laughing:

There are going to be 800 regular coins available to anyone who wants them. Of those 800 only 139 remain unclaimed, so you better get some reserved soon.

The LE coins are just a little something special. We aren't the first to offer LE coins. The main purpose is to create a few coins of higher trade value so that collectors that have them can have a little leverage to obtain a coin that they might desire. These are being offered to TN residents first because it is the Tennessee geocoin.

However, since demand has been so high we might actually be increasing the number of LE coins that we have made. A small increase shouldn't damage the value since they will still be few in number compared to the regular geocoins. A poll is being taken at the tngeocoins.com web page amongst Tennessee residents to get their feel on increasing the numbers, and so far it looks like this might happen. If it does, not only will we increase the numbers available to TN residents, but we will also be reserving a few just for residents outside of TN. Better get your fingers ready and mice drawn, because they are sure to go quick!

What's up with going LE?  The purpose of all of this is to have fun not, not to exclude and frusturate.  If you want folks to continue to collect geocoins then make enough available so that anyone who wants one can have one.  MANIPULATING the rarity and excluding collectors based on state lines is just plain wrong... ;)

Perhaps the next coin I do should be available to everyone EXCEPT to residents of TN... :laughing:

There are going to be 800 regular coins available to anyone who wants them. Of those 800 only 139 remain unclaimed, so you better get some reserved soon.

The LE coins are just a little something special. We aren't the first to offer LE coins. The main purpose is to create a few coins of higher trade value so that collectors that have them can have a little leverage to obtain a coin that they might desire. These are being offered to TN residents first because it is the Tennessee geocoin.

However, since demand has been so high we might actually be increasing the number of LE coins that we have made. A small increase shouldn't damage the value since they will still be few in number compared to the regular geocoins. A poll is being taken at the tngeocoins.com web page amongst Tennessee residents to get their feel on increasing the numbers, and so far it looks like this might happen. If it does, not only will we increase the numbers available to TN residents, but we will also be reserving a few just for residents outside of TN. Better get your fingers ready and mice drawn, because they are sure to go quick!

Thanks for the info and the heads up.