Help

I put together a 51 leg cache and need some help what am I going toput them in I just want to know if there is some were i can get some for free or cheap I need about 40 micos and 10 small and one "big BIG" one if any one can help plz do

im in austin TX :rolleyes:

ps and any good prize come to mind

Edited by geo_boy_2001

Perhaps before you attempt hiding a 51 stage multi you should find a few that others have hidden. You've found 4. You've not hidden any caches yet, so a 52 stage multi is probably not a great place to start. In fact, you've apparently only been caching for a month and a half. Please take the advice of others and understand that any multi with more than 8-10 stages will be ignored by a lot of cachers. One involving 50 micros will probably not even be hunted at all. I'd imagine you'd have a very difficult time getting such a cache approved as well. Save yourself a lot of hassle, and start small. Do a few traditional or small multi hides and see what kind of feedback you get. Use that to gauge how people in your area take to your hide style. Find a few more caches to see what people in your area like and don't like. Your cache should be more fun to find than it was to hide. And don't forget that you'd have to maintain all 51 stages. That alone could drive you nuts.

Edited by DocDiTTo

geo boy...that is alot of mantaining to do for one cache, if just 1 of the stages goes missing the whole cache is ruined. Perhaps place a few well thought out micros first. You can get free film canisters at any walmart., they save them for recycling. For larger size containers I have had good luck with the Lock n Lock containers and 1 gallon Rubbermaid containers with the screw on tops, they are redily available at most Targets/Walmart...ect.

Best of luck to you!!

I put together a 51 leg cache and need some help what am I going toput them in I just want to know if there is some were i can get some for free or cheap I need about 40 micos and 10 small and one "big BIG" one if any one can help plz do

im in austin TX :anibad:

ps and any good prize come to mind

I think I know what he is up to. He is going to put a cache in each state capital and then a really BIG one in D.C. near the White House. Sorry but that's been done before. :anibad:

I have found a place for them all and have a team of friends to help me and all park are within 5 miles frome home so I dont thank that it will be a problem to keep up with and im only keeping it up for 6 mounths then going to pick up and ones one person gos to my cache it will open up a new type of cache

I have found a place for them all and have a team of friends to help me and all park are within 5 miles frome home so I dont thank that it will be a problem to keep up with and im only keeping it up for 6 mounths then going to pick up and ones one person gos to my cache it will open up a new type of cache

Uhm, Huh?

I have found a place for them all and have a team of friends to help me and all park are within 5 miles frome home so I  dont thank that it will be a problem to keep up with and im only keeping it up for 6 mounths then going to pick up and ones one person gos to my cache it will open up a new type of cache

you lost me in the second sent... wait. that's all one sentence. uh, you lost me on the last half of that. anyway, what's the point of putting up that bad boy for 6 months? does that really meet the spirit of cache permanence?

if you need help *placing* 51 micros, do you think anyone's going to take the time to find them all? if it's all in one park, why 51? why not, say... 12?

I have found a place for them all and have a team of friends to help me and all park are within 5 miles frome home so I  dont thank that it will be a problem to keep up with and im only keeping it up for 6 mounths then going to pick up and ones one person gos to my cache it will open up a new type of cache

Uhm, Huh?

:D:( What 1stimestar said.

From a reviewer's perspective, you *really* need to read the guidelines thoroughly first. If you go and place 51 caches, you must provide all coordinates for all 51 caches to the reviewer that looks at your cache. All sections must conform to the guidelines (528 feet from other existing caches, including parts of other multi-caches, none near railroad tracks or other banned areas, etc., etc., etc., etc.). All sections or your multi will be checked. Expect this process to take several days based on the complexity of the cache.

To make sure you are far enough away from other multi-caches in the area, you really have to go find all of the multi-caches around to make sure you are not too close to parts of those other multi-caches. It sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you just finding all of these existing caches first.

You will also be blocking a huge area out for future cachers to place caches. Not only will you probably not have many people seeking the cache, but you block future cachers from placing caches as well. It has been a while since I found caches in Austin, but even back then the density of caches was pretty high. I can imagine that you will have quite a bit of difficulty finding 51 places that all conform to the guidelines.

Rather than starting with a cache that could give you a big black eye with local cachers, why not walk before you run and place a few traditional caches.

Edited by mtn-man

What Mtn-Man said about reading and understandng the guidelines, but beyond that, go for it!

You'll get flamed by the "I don't like it" and "Micros suck" crowd, but others will love it!

Weigh the criticism carefully to see what has value as advice and consider incorporating it, and ignore the flames.

Work closely with your Reviewer; as long as it falls within the guidelines the Reviewer will likely list it... even if he/she doen't personally like it, but expect to have your feet held to the fire on this one... you'll have to conform to every rule!

As far as the "start slowly and learn as you go" advice, all of the autobiographies of rich and successful people would dispute that! Research, learn, plan, do! True success is never achieved by copying the actions of others.

Be aware, however, that you are taking some risks with how you are perceived in the community! Having found one cache you are every bit as much a geocacher as anyone with 1000, but you better make it work the first time or they will never forgive you for daring to jump in with both feet!