I Decided: Magellan Gold

SuzyJ

I decided this is the GPS I want, it's on sale at Walmart for $199 and looks like it has everything we think we need.

Since it's almost midnight I'm waiting until tomorrow... I feel like it's Christmas Eve.

I can live without color.... right?

That's a good choice Suzy, it should give you lots of enjoyment :rolleyes:

Be sure to read the manual thourouly before heading out. And, it would be good practice to learn using the unit in a comfortable setting before heading into the deep dark woods on a cache quest. Try something like, "mark" the mailbox in your front yard (or some similar outdoor object), move away from the object then "goto" the object using the GPS. Watch how it behaves as your near your target,

Have fun!

I bought my MeriGold about 4 months ago. I have done some geocaching but my primary purpose is to use my MeriGold for hiking. It is an excellent product. I will be hiking this fall in Arizona and plan on full use of my unit. I love my Merigold.

That's a good choice Suzy, it should give you lots of enjoyment :o

Be sure to read the manual thourouly before heading out. And, it would be good practice to learn using the unit in a comfortable setting before heading into the deep dark woods on a cache quest. Try something like, "mark" the mailbox in your front yard (or some similar outdoor object), move away from the object then "goto" the object using the GPS. Watch how it behaves as your near your target,

Have fun!

We spent about half an hour working out the details and then tried it out on some 1/1 finds locally.

Worked like a charm!

I suppose I should give some credit to my techno geek hubby <_<

I can't live without high-def color. Magellan's have good reception, but they're hard for my simple mind to understand so I go Garmin. The expandable SD slot for the Magellan's are awesome because you can have up to, I believe SD makes up to a 1GB, so you'll like it.

Good job on the purchase.