Dnf Bash?

willcall

I assume I'm not the only lame-o who has a bookmark for their DNFs? WillCall DNFs Anyone interested in putting together a group clean-up of some of our common (or uncommon) trouble spots? :lol: Speak up if you're game and we'll organize.

Probably could also just exchange additional hints in here for those someone has found (anyone who can prod me towards Are You Nuts?, Dip One, or MSmicro gets double the free hints from me -- to the extent I know anything :rolleyes:

As an additional topic - who has the furthest, nearest ( :ph34r: ) unfound cache from their home coordinates? The nearest cache I haven't found is only 1.7 miles from home (albeit in cache-dense middle Bellevue, mind you). I assume everyone else has done a better job of clearing out their home territory?

Probably could also just exchange additional hints in here for those someone has found (anyone who can prod me towards Are You Nuts?, Dip One, or MSmicro gets double the free hints from me -- to the extent I know anything :rolleyes:

I've found all 3 of those oldies-but-goodies, and am susceptible to bribery or going along for the giggles. :ph34r: In return, i have a few DNFs of my own I could use help on, except i tend to file them away and ignore them, esp if they are urban and it's summertime....i'd rather be in the mountains!

O.k. here's a Du'h! question: How/where can I find a list of my DNFs?

g-knows there must be a good gaggle, but have never thought to track them before.

Hi there...what you neeed to do is to go to your account page and click on view all caches.

This takes you to a page that has a series of categorized links at the top: found, didn't find it, notes,etc.

Just click on the didn't find it one and there you have it!

I would like to join in on some of those DNF's. After work idea sounds great. we could meet at a cache like every wednesday night and hit a few. What do you think.

yep, i like the after-work idea during the long summer days, so i can save the weekends for adventures further afield. all 3 of the ones Willcall listed are in my neck of the woods.

...and Blac Raven...hey, that round Colorado object is mine, anyways. It just made an accidental detour to your house. :rolleyes: But getting it back to me is good for a hint, no worries.

Hi there...what you neeed to do is to go to your account page and click on view all caches.  This takes you to a page that has a series of categorized links at the top: found, didn't find it, notes,etc.

Good grief - do-ohhh indeed! Thanks EGH!, never even noticed those links for "all logs" etc. at the top of my "past 30 days" account details page. Kriminy - and even jcar can get to it, when I didn't even know it was there! Kewl! Not nearly as many as I thought (uh, likely only 'cuz I tend to be nothing if not persistent) - and most of those I've gone back later and found.

Thanks! Learn sumpin' new every day... :lol::rolleyes::ph34r:

Hi there...what you neeed to do is to go to your account page and click on view all caches.  This takes you to a page that has a series of categorized links at the top: found, didn't find it, notes,etc.

Good grief - do-ohhh indeed! Thanks EGH!, never even noticed those links for "all logs" etc. at the top of my "past 30 days" account details page. Kriminy - and even jcar can get to it, when I didn't even know it was there!

He can't - he'll see his own, you'll see yours, I'll see mine.

It tells me I have 187 DNFs, but many of those I have found at a later stage. I almost always log my DNFs, and I never remove them later - they are part of a cache history. So - I'd have to do a manual count how many DNFs I really have.

I assume I'm not the only lame-o who has a bookmark for their DNFs? WillCall DNFs Anyone interested in putting together a group clean-up of some of our common (or uncommon) trouble spots? :unsure: Speak up if you're game and we'll organize.

As an additional topic - who has the furthest, nearest ( :unsure: ) unfound cache from their home coordinates? The nearest cache I haven't found is only 1.7 miles from home (albeit in cache-dense middle Bellevue, mind you). I assume everyone else has done a better job of clearing out their home territory?

Always nice to see people DNFing on ones I have found. Let me know when you get to the redmond area. I live less then .1 miles from MSmicro. And I have this one called Alea jacta est! that I just can't seem to find. :lol:

As an additional topic - who has the furthest, nearest ( :rolleyes: ) unfound cache from their home coordinates? The nearest cache I haven't found is only 1.7 miles from home (albeit in cache-dense middle Bellevue, mind you). I assume everyone else has done a better job of clearing out their home territory?

For me that's 4.8 miles and a ferry ride away.

Next DNF: 6.8 miles, but it was muggled. It's back now.

After that: 8.6 miles.

After that: 17.9 miles.

I generally go back to places where I had a DNF, until I find them.

BTW, rather than an absolute "clearing out radius", I like to keep track of the radius within which I have no more than 20 caches left, ergo the distance to the last cache on my filtered nearest-20 page. That radius has been over 24 miles for me at some point, but it's currently down to 17.9 miles, due to many recent placements over on Whidbey Island.

Sounds like fun to me! I think I have found all of the Redmond area caches- no outstanding DNFs there- (except for the cache AndrewRJ mentioned that I havewn't tried yet). I'd love to hang out with pals, tho! I wonder where my nearest DNF is- yeah, I think it's on the outskirts of Duvall.

...who has the furthest, nearest unfound cache from their home coordinates?  The nearest cache I haven't found is only 1.7 miles from home... I assume everyone else has done a better job of clearing out their home territory?

I may have to nearest, nearest unfound: 1 mile.

Another one at 1.3. Then 2.1, 2.2... 13 total within three miles. Mostly hidden by the same person.

Not sure exactly when it happened, but I'm off local caching.

Confirmed on my schedule that I can do next Wednesday, after maybe 7:00 (send-off party for colleague going to India). Why don't we start with those interested and available for that date submitting 2-3 cache names they'd really like to nail down. We can look for a grouping that doesn't require crazy amounts of driving. Thanks all for interest.

Andrewrj -- can help with a couple of yours and also would like to find some on your list. Name the ones you want to start with.

Nolenator -- I'm going to get Hidden Bench myself one of these days, but it looks like it still can be a challenge, judging by number of other DNFs coming through on it.

--willie

Edited by willcall
Confirmed on my schedule that I can do next Wednesday, after maybe 7:00 (send-off party for colleague going to India). Why don't we start with those interested and available for that date submitting 2-3 cache names they'd really like to nail down. We can look for a grouping that doesn't require crazy amounts of driving. Thanks all for interest.

Andrewrj -- can help with a couple of yours and also would like to find some on your list. Name the ones you want to start with.

Nolenator -- I'm going to get Hidden Bench myself one of these days, but it looks like it still can be a challenge, judging by number of other DNFs coming through on it.

--willie

Dang, I can't do next Wednesday, but would be game after that, so keep me in mind. Thursday is open, tho. :rolleyes:

I would like to go for

Counting with cheerry friends and

Pete yorn music quiz.

Ok - I can help with both of those. I'd be interested in Dip One and MS Micro, which aren't too far away from yours. Markta indicated he needed Dip One and could help with MSMicro, but I don't know if he's interested in tomorrow. "Are You Nuts?" would also be a good one for me, although it's a few miles away from the others.

Anyone else have ideas, and/or interested in tomorrow?

I think I can be somewhere by 7:00, or later. If we did Dip One, a fairly easy place to gather is along the East side of 132nd Ave NE, facing North, just North of the 4-way stop at NE 60th St. Otherwise, at the Cherry Crest park, where Counting w/Cheery Friends is located.

Dang, I can't do next Wednesday, but would be game after that, so keep me in mind. Thursday is open, tho. :D

Will certainly have many days worth of DNFs to hunt -- not to mention the likelihood of not having found most of other peoples' problem caches. What other nights look good?

Edited by willcall

Dang, I can't do next Wednesday, but would be game after that, so keep me in mind. Thursday is open, tho. :D

Will certainly have many days worth of DNFs to hunt -- not to mention the likelihood of not having found most of other peoples' problem caches. What other nights look good?

I'd probably make the drive up there if you do it on a Thursday night.

yea either is fine for me. Just as long as it doesn't get to strenuous. I strained my ACL while being the first to do MTM. It is fairly good bt I don't want to re injur it. Since more people seem to want Thursday maybe we should do that.

Edited by andrewrj

Ok - Thursday it is. Sorry to hear about your injury -- we can keep it light.

Others - Any other DNFs for the list?

Depending on those interested, and their desired start times (as early as 6:00 works for me on Thursday), we can decide on meeting place and agenda.

thanks - WC

i would like to come with it im over near bremerton and get off work anywhere from 1400-1500 on avg but could possibly persuade my boss to let me off early but i need to know a time if possible by about 1400-1430 today if i need to get off early either way i plan to try and make it...btw where would we all be meeting? :(

Wow - from Bremerton? :( I hate to dissuade anyone, but I assumed we'd probably run around to only about 4-5 caches. If interested in that light of a run, you're certainly very welcome. I've cleaned out a lot of others in the mile or so radius, so could also try to guide others who haven't cached in the area.

I was going to suggest meeting along the street in front of either Music Quiz - Pete Yorn or Counting With Cheerry Friends. The first one is along a back, wooded corner of our neighborhood, so can probably accommodate 5-6 cars along the street before people get too suspicious. The other one is a pretty small community park, usually with kids and parents and a row of neighbors across the street. Better to be in and out of that one, rather than using it as a lengthy gathering point. So, 7:00 pm, Thursday (tomorrow), at Music Quiz?

Please suggest others that you want to try to get, in the area. Markta sent me a hint for Dip One, that he received from the owner. I'm dying to get rid of it finally. :(