"palm"

Anyone out there there with a Palm III...I've been able to get the cache page showing on the Palm, but I can only see Cache waypt name, and coords...I'm a Premium member and paid cachemate member...any suggestions. thks.

Let me see if I understand your question.

When you select a cache in Cachemate, you see the "Information" screen with the name, category, waypoint name, and coordinates?

If you see all of that, I know where you are.

At the top of the screen, on the left side of center should be a row of boxes with the following letters in them:

O I D H L P

O=Overview it has all of the information in one screen.

I=Information, it should be "highlighted".

D=Description

H=Hints

L=Log (I think this is where you log your finds)

P=Past Logs

Tap on those letters to see the rest of the information. I use the "O" to see it all as it shows on the computer screen.

Hope that helps.

I'm replying to get this moved to the top again. Cache Pack has only posted this message and non other so I don't think he knows where it is. Lets give him a chance finding it.

Langner91 The O I D H L P buttons must be configured and not that way when you install cachemate. It looks like Cache Pack is on the first screen displaying the database name and don't know he has to select one to view it's information.

Thats all

First, make sure you are downloading .gpx files and not .loc files from the gc.com website. The latter does not have all the information of the first.

Second, on the top right of the cachemate screen you will either see letters (O I D H L P) like popatom2 said or you will see the word 'info' with an arrow next to it. This is the menu that will allow you to see all the extra information. I think by default you will see ‘info’. If you select this menu it will drop down and you will see info, description, hits, log, past logs, overview. This is where description and other information your searching for is stored. Overview is the one I use most as it has everything but the hint and the past logs on it (which I try not to read unless I cant find the cache). <_<

Thks Damel, I have tried what you suggest, where these letters(OIDHLP) come from I do not know, but when I have my cache page showing on my Palm I do see the word "info" with the small arrow beside it, I drop the menu down, I can't get hints, or description, or past logs....I'm sure there is just something small I haven't done, when I do my PQ, or when I hotsync...anyways will keep pluggy away.

Thks Damel, I have tried what you suggest, where these letters(OIDHLP) come from I do not know, but when I have my cache page showing on my Palm I do see the word "info" with the small arrow beside it, I drop the menu down, I can't get hints, or description, or past logs....I'm sure there is just something small I haven't done, when I do my PQ, or when I hotsync...anyways will keep pluggy away.

Are you using .gpx files or .loc files for your PQ? .loc files do not contain the information that your looking for. Make sure and double check that the PQ your downloading is set to .gpx format and not .loc.

Note: The (OIDHLP) is just the same menu items (as your 'info' menu..ie I in OIDHLP = info) but done with buttons across the top in place of your 'info' menu. This is simply an option you can change in cachemate. To change to OIDHLP simply display a cache and use the menus 'Options' >> 'View Options' >> 'View select with pushbuttons'

Thanks Damel, and Embra, getting closer to a situation where I do not have to bother you anymore re:palm..lol. I now have the letters on top for an option...I have "name","waypt","type" and "coords"...just to get the hints, and the decode working, I may have to delete cachemate, and reinstall cachemate to the palm, unless I can do this through option's on the menu's in cachemate.

Cache Pack, there have been a few questions asked (or should have been asked, for those that weren't) that you haven't answered:

- Is the original file in LOC or GPX format?

- What software are you using to convert the records to CacheMate's format... GSAK, CMConvert or MacCMConvert (the last two are basically the same underneath)

- Are you opening and saving the original file using a program not already mentioned before attempting to convert it to CacheMate's format? EasyGPS, for one, has been known to blow away all of the information you're missing from GPX files.

Answering these questions will help the rest of us out a LOT in trying to determine what the problem is.

Edited by Maeglin

Thank-you, I finally got it worked out, you were right about easygps..thats where the problem was, I now use GSAK...and what a difference...I now have 500 caches loaded in the palm, with all the trimins. It is frustrating, when something doesn't work even after many try's. Now its time to download these caches into the Legend, through Mapsource...could be another battle, but I will persist until loaded. And thanks everso much for all your help.

Now its time to download these caches into the Legend, through Mapsource...could be another battle, but I will persist until loaded. And thanks everso much for all your help.

You don't have to go through MapSource to do this. GSAK will download waypoints directly to your legend.