Is Anybody Else Doing This?

Ladycacher

Hmmm... now I feel like I'm the only one that signed-up! :anicute:

My main motivation was to see what kind of coins come out of the service for a few months and to get inventory for creating my coin caches. I really like the idea of durable metal items in my really remote, hard to find, one-cacher-a-year-finds-it caches that I am planning on placing in my "summer" home.

I think the idea has merit as a way of getting coins to cachers. Maybe as it matures, some of the State, National, and individual cachers will consider it as a way of distribution for their coins?

(edited to add)

The BEST way to get coins to cachers is to place them in caches though!)

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog
I passed. I like the idea of collecting state/group/personal coins. But the idea of coins just for coins sake didn't appeal to me.

I also passed due to a bit of an arrogance I perceived (right or wrong) in postings by the club creator.

It would cost 11.90 per coin if I did 1 coin a month for 6 months. If I paid that much per coin, then went to trade them, I would expect two coins for my one when trading....not many people go for that.

I wouldn't. While the coin may cost more up front, I'm not sure it has any more value than a standard state coin.

A Ladycacher coin would be worth more in my book than a club coin.

I recieved my Midwest Geobash Geocoin today which was allegedly done by the same geocoin club. They are very colorful and attractive (a fantastic design), but I think the coin itself appears to be a little "cheap" in terms of strike and production. I just don't see the quality that I have seen in every other geocoin in my collection. They are overly buffed with very squared surfaces. I doubt one would continue to look good after passing through a couple of caches (not to say I will release mine).

Just my opinion...

Edited by Rupert2

I went ahead and joined for 6 months... I like coins... I have US coins, foreign coins, Ancient coins, trade tokens, transportation tokens, and Geocoins... more or less it is rare for me to see a coin I don't like. And as far as coins in my collections go... $12 isn't bad.

I figured I'd give it a go, but only 1 coin a month, as I feel the trade value just isn't there, cause anyone that wants one will just buy in, like every other geocoin out there <_<

Probably why I have a few extra coins that I can't find trades for, everyone that wanted ones I have already has the coins themselves.

I think it will be interesting to see if these coins all get their own icons, or if it will just be generalized under 1 "Geocoinclub Geocoin" heading. If they all get their own, that's a lot of new icons, if not, I sense a decline in subscription renewals.

The reason I signed-up for 2 is so that I'll have an extra to place into caches. Does anybody do that anymore? <_<  :o  :o

I place my personal coins in some of the caches I visit and I have left a few of the GA coins in caches as well. So yeah, some of us do :D

Edited by AtlantaGal
The reason I signed-up for 2 is so that I'll have an extra to place into caches. Does anybody do that anymore? :)  :)  :)

I place my personal coins in some of the caches I visit and I have left a few of the GA coins in caches as well. So yeah, some of us do :)

I leave my personal coins in nicer caches, or when I want to get local cachers moving :)

In fact there are two of them available now at

Ka-Ho-Nee Wannabe and

Ka-Ho-Nee Falls

I signed up for 6 months, 2/ea as well. I like collecting, and since I am just starting, you have to get coins somehow.

However, after I signed up, I decided to make my own coin. It won't be a personal coin per se, but more a coin to represent a group of us that cache together.

On a similar coin club note, anyone interested in starting a purchasing group in the So Cal area?