Uk Geocoins

With the eu geocoin, I got a paypal invoice. I have not recieved one of these. I do not run a spam filter, still not got the second one either.

I'm panicking, i've waited ages for this coin, don't want to miss out.

the process worked ok with eu coin, can't understand whats happened

thanx dpoet

now paid. sorry about that i've been checking my email constantly waiting in anticipaction.

sorry to cause you problems.

thanx dpoet

It's no problem. Just glad to have got thing sorted out.

For info. This time, unlike the EU coin, you will not get an invoice from PayPal Their system is horrendously slow and I have found a way to produce mail-merged email invoices that saves me time. After a slight teething problem when btinternet fell on it's head becasue I fired 120 emails at it all at once, it seems to be working preyty well now.

Alex.

Didn't recieve an invoice or see our name on the wait list so we sent a new Email for 3.

But did you receive an email from me on 2nd November saying that I had put you on the wait list??

The wait list shown on geocoins.co.uk is the original pre-November list and it is not being updated. I just don't have time and I also don't believe in publishing public lists of who is ordering what.

Those on thelist on the website have been sent order forms. Depending on the take-up, by the weekend I may be able to offer coins to those on the November list.

Alex.

So, when can we reasonably expect to see these?

They are due to ship out early next week in the States and the week after in the UK.

Everything is on schedule to meet the delivery dates that I promised.

I am hoping that orders will be available for collection at Fruity's event on the 10th December, and at the Xmas meal in Morecambe on the 11th, but until I actually have the coins in hand, I'm not willing to make any promises.

The COULD also be available at the Alibags event on the Saturday 10th if anyone wants to zip up to S Derbyshire on the Saturday morning and collect them from Simon

Alex.

Edited by Slytherin

OK need a very quick show of hands on people who would like to collect their coins from Junction 25 of the M1 on Saturday 10th December around noon.

This is a non-negotiable offer on time and date. It will purely ensure you get your coins quicker. Any groups may also get together for a joint collection.

We need to know by Thursday if you would like to be included in this 'special offer' ;-)

Please reply to this thread with your full name, geocaching name and quantity.

OK need a very quick show of hands on people who would like to collect their coins from Junction 25 of the M1 on Saturday 10th December around noon.

Not possible for me as I intend visiting two event caches that day and both are a long way south of the Watford Gap !!!

Edited by Pharisee

Not possible for me as I intend visiting two event caches that day and both are a long way south of the Watford Gap !!!

ditto :blink:

Although it has been suggested that we have a whip round to pay for a B&B for Yorkie Pudding so that she can be tempted down to the event... and she would have to go past J25 in that case. ;)

Joining this party late - I'm really looking forward to seeing the UK coin 'in the flesh'. But I'm confused how some are already being sold on eBay.com, before they're available in the UK. Is the assumption that the American's are selling something they don't yet own (I notice all the photos look to be 'borrowed' images of blanks from somewhere) and they're expecting to be posted them shortly?

From one eBay of three pages (they're fairly similar):

"This auction is for an unactivated Antique Copper [is it?] UK Geocoin geocoin. This is the long awaited UK coin which now has the added feature of being trackable on geocaching.com [this must have changed as the last I heard it wasn't Now up to speed on this, having looked on the website]. It is struck onto an antique [?] copper blank and features enamel colours on the front and a 3D Compass Rose design on the back. This coin has a plain panel in the centre where you can have your name engraved on it. [i thought this is where the tracking number goes - unless the yanks really [i]are[/i] selling blanks?] We hope that by doing this geocachers will be more confident that should they place these coins in geocaches, they will be less liable to be kept by other cachers are they will be clearly identifiable as a personal coin intented (sic) for travelling between caches and not meant to be kept."

I have no issue with the coins starting (or ending) their travels anywhere in the world, but I don't like to think of American buyers being mislead, if mislead they are. :rolleyes:

SP

Edit to add info

Edited by Simply Paul
I have no issue with the coins starting (or ending) their travels anywhere in the world, but I don't like to think of American buyers being mislead, if mislead they are. ;)

You'll have to pay more attention Paul :anitongue: . None of this is new news. Alex made announcements to this effect many weeks ago. The US got them first because they are made there and distributed from there.

Joining this party late - I'm really looking forward to seeing the UK coin 'in the flesh'. But I'm confused how some are already being sold on eBay.com, before they're available in the UK.

It is simple enough. The coins were shipped last week in the States, but were held up in a blizzard in Chicago for three days on their way over here. Shipping starts today and hopefully our postal service is way more effiecient than theirs and people will start getting their coins tomorrow.

There are some coins in circulation already in the UK as I've dished a few out personally. It helps to know which pub I'll be drinking in. ;):anitongue:

As far as I am aware, no one has been misled about anything. I have been upfront about all the arrangements for shipping from when I took the project over.

I promised a UK trackable geocoin by Christmas, and Royal Mail permitting, I have delivered on that.

Alex

SP, just to squish one of your other concerns, the coins are trackable, and have the tracking number on them somewhere, but in addition, have a blank plate for inserting a personal name. This was offered to the original orders by Alex, but was too complicated to provide to those on the waiting list. A nice touch, i thought, so I might have to find somewhere local to etch mine...

HTH

Dave

Thanks for putting my mind at rest folks. I look forward to seeing a brand-new antique copper coin soon ;)

SP

P.S. Places that do trophy engraving should be able to etch your coin ok.

Alex's original suggestion for engraving still makes me smile ;)

Not to be sold on ebay
:anitongue: nice to see the yanks listeneed to all your appeals on that one.

Looking forward to getting me coins ;)

Any news on a posting date to the UK ? :anitongue:

Starting tomorrow. It will take about three days to get them all out.

-

I haven't been on the forum for a while and had forgotten about the GeoCoins.

I paid via PayPal but don't recall getting any further information.

Is it possible to look into it for me please ;)

D_Skids